Reviews for The Road To & From Perdition
88spike chapter 6 . 9/7/2010
I do love Pam's pop culture addiction. Little confused with some of her other stuff, but with her all the way in thinking that however 'helpful' Bill appeared, still thinking he's a snake & would either drop a hint to someone like Victor or Felipe or would be their willing puppet aiding a plan to come between Sookie & Eric. I'm of the camp that believes Bill's always acted as if his favorite toy was taken away, rather than believing he ever truly loved Sookie. I think he likes the IDEA of love & being in love with Sookie, but doesn't understand the intricacies of love - he thinks of Sookie as a 'thing', to be controlled & shhushed. I don't think Eric wants Sookie on a leash & delights in her fiestiness, however annoying it can be at times. The only reason I bring that up is because it makes me laugh when Sookie questions whether Eric can love, when she so willingly believed that Bill was capable of it. I'm glad to see her taking stock of herself & trying to figure out why she does what she does instead of falling back to pity party mode. Ben seems very helpful in this. Hopefully between him & Pam something will break through! Interesting that Ben is turning out to be a relative of sorts. Interested to get into the meat of the matter with Ocello/Rhea/Victor/Bill & of course Sookie/Eric/Pam. On to the roadtrip...
whodat2010 chapter 6 . 9/6/2010
Have to say that this chapter is confusing, even with the A/N at the bottom. And no, I don't understand where Pam is with all of this either. I am still interested in the story however, just need some clarification.
mickeiblue chapter 6 . 9/6/2010
hey rece. i love the ben add in, sookie has a cousin, yay. and just good to have ya back.

also awesome info at the bottom.
murgatroid-98 chapter 6 . 9/6/2010
No wonder Pam is attracted to Ben. And it seems he is distant kin to Sookie. Very interesting.
RealLuvAlways chapter 6 . 9/6/2010
Loved it. You have so much insight and ability to write in great detail to explain the motivation of each character. I look forward to hearing about Ocella/Rhea.
Sunny90210 chapter 5 . 8/31/2010
Just found this story on a recommendation of another reader & love it. Was tickled pink to read Pam laying it out to Sookie in terms she could understand about Eric & the whole fae war battle in her head of who's the one that saved her billshit. For a telepath, Sookie really doesn't see things unless they smack her in the face, she's so shortsighted she never really gets the big picture, mostly until it's too late. How many hurtful mean things can she say to one person, how much toying with his feelings & how much can she jump to everyone else's defense-the one's who have demonstrated their betrayal of her-yet judge him more harshly, can she do to Eric before he says 'enough'? I think she thinks that Eric will always follow her around like a puppy & she takes him & everything he does for her for granted. She loves the movie Gone With the Wind so much she should LEARN from it before it's too late! I love her being jealous of Rhea, although not liking her myself. Her possessiveness & use of 'my viking or my Eric' is funny, especially when she fights being 'his' tooth & nail, but doesn't have a problem when she claims him, even if it's only in her head!

I am worried to see what happens with this Rhea chick & Ocella & why they suddenly popped up at this ball out of the blue. Now who's messing in their 'relationship'? I'm on board with the always straighforward smart Pam figuring this mess out & getting to the goods on what's up. I do hope they continue on their road trip cuz I think Sookie needs a bit more of Pam's wisdom in setting her straight & opening up the way she views things. Can't wait for your updates.
88spike chapter 4 . 8/20/2010
Loving the story, but hating Rhea already. I just don't like the 'thrall' crap, like the Bill/Lorena thing & hate to see Sookie go thru that again. I do enjoy her jealousy at times, because she treats Eric with such indifference so much & is generally wishy washy about her feelings. I did like to see her realize that her words had inflicted so much pain on him during the whole fae war stuff. Don't even get me started on her comparisons of Eric to Bill, boy she would not like if Eric were comparing her to other chicks, huh? She's often quite nasty to Eric, like to see her think before she spouts hatefulness in the future. There's a point when it's not fiesty or cute anymore, only serves to hurt & push him further away. Interested to see where you are going with this & the ocello/rhea stuff.
mickeiblue chapter 5 . 4/28/2010
nice one rece, i love how you diss bill! im titally getting dragged into the sl, and think the character of rhea is very interesting. always nice to see a jealous sookie too.
hearttorn chapter 5 . 4/28/2010
cracking up at the Eric/"Say Anything" reference!
murgatroid-98 chapter 5 . 4/28/2010
Okay, how did Ben know all this? I think there is more to him than meets the eye, especially since Sookie can't read him. At least she got Eric's attention.
DeanFTWinchester chapter 5 . 4/28/2010
Good story, update soon!
svmfan1 chapter 5 . 4/28/2010
Of course I hate Rhea already. Felt bad for Sookie that Eric totally ditched Sookie for Rhea. Eric also said vampires don't mate long with other vampires when obvioulsy he and Rhea were together for a long time. Wonder why they split? Looks like Eric is really enthralled with Rhea. Look forward to more.
charhamblin chapter 5 . 4/28/2010
Well Eric supposedly spent a lot of time with this chick and knows how she is. How could he let himself get caught in her thrall like he did? Unless he still cares for her? Did they have a past history? It was pretty rude what he did to Sookie hanging all over her like that. Has Eric been faithful to Sookie since the fae war? Are they even together anymore? I am a little confused on that part.
Elbly chapter 4 . 4/17/2010
Good but subtle change in tone between PoV's.

Very amused by the whole Jen/Ang idea!
mickeiblue chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
lol rece, can i just say 'team aniston'!

next chapter sounds awesome, cannot wait.