Reviews for Returning to Cirith Thoronath
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Fabulous story. Another one I overlooked. My LOTR interest had waned for a time but I do believe it is back in full force and I am so very glad that I found this (under another person's favorites). What a unique concept you incorporated here with poor Aragorn being put in Glorfindel's place...loved that. Anyways, did want to let you know how excellent this was - great descriptions, wonderful wording, and so very vivid. Thanks for sharing.
Larner chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
Beautiful! Thank you!
Elafacwen chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
*claps*

Once again, another incredible read from you!

I really enjoyed this one's story line, how you intertwined Glorfindel and Aragorn the way you did. Very original!

(this is Elafacwen09 from Deviant Art, by the way)
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
So sad... sadder than usual I mean. Fire... pain... memories. But the history is always like that - it doesn't invent new situations often, just puts new characters in old places and watches and waits what happens... We're going in circles and even realize that sometimes, but who is able to break that circle? Is it ever possible? OR should we just play the part that is now ours and was someone else's in the days of old?
cairistiona7 chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
*deep, contented sigh*

It's hard to been Glorfindel and Aragorn together, and mix in angst and h/c and I'm one happy little reader. This is another one of your masterpieces of weaving the past and the present together in ways that few writers seem able to accomplish, but you do it with a deft hand. I found myself breathless reading about the battles, and hurting with Aragorn and gritting my teeth and trying to will Glorfindel to faster.

Thank you for a nice read on a rainy afternoon!
Elenothar chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
That was close!

You wrote Glorfindel so beautifully heartbreaking *sniff*
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
You've woven a beautiful, emotional, heart-wrenching tale. And I loved the fact that it included Glorfindel and Aragorn.

I have that funny feeling in my throat now...*goes off to find tissues*

Congrats on winning, by the way. :)

~Cal
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
Loved it! It was definitely worth the waiting ;) Such a great idea to have Aragorn take Glorfindel's place at guarding the pass and have the elf return to -

wait! Since I've read the story already, I started reviewing it right away without looking at it, but I just looked and noticed you've dedicated it to me! Aw, thank you! I'm so honoured! So that's how you repay for my constant pestering to finish and send your story soon! Good! I should pester you more often then! Write, write, write ) I'm expecting a story for this month too! You did say it's a good theme after all!

Anyway, before I was interrupted, I had started saying that it was a great idea to have the elf return to his painful memories, and make the experience even more painful this time because it is Aragorn who has to guard the pass and protect everyone else, and possibly face death, and not him, as Glorfindel thinks it should be. But something good came out of all the suffering because the elf was able to face his fears and defeat them once and for all.

The Aragorn angst was delicious as always ) Worth reading and rereading. And I bet poor Earendil was watching everything and was going mad with worry! Hey, you could write this story from his point of view! But I should stop giving you bunnies, you seem to have enough of them, and very soon you won't be able to fit them all in the closet!

Great work!