Reviews for WorldWar: The Balance Destroyed
Ghostly chapter 1 . 2/28/2020
Idiots, every single one of them. They may on par or worse than the Tau.
sg07 chapter 30 . 11/22/2019
A very good story as always. I was not much of a fan of the "Race" from the first one but decided to give this story and previous ones a chance. I really liked it.

Like you, I truly detested the idea of Ron Moore's vision for BSG and I had given it a chance later on. What really bothered me with today's viewers and reviewers though was that they called the original BSG "Campy", "Goofy", etc. and it infuriated me because I dang it I loved that show with all my heart. It had technology, love, family morals and values (sadly lacking today in abundance). It is almost as if the world had de-evolved into madness and looked askance at normal people. Anyway, I come to really like alot of BSG 2003. Adama was a lot better in some ways and more relatable than Adam of original BSG in that the Loren Greene was a patriarch and near-mythical figure.

As I reflect back on the original I noticed as an adult some serious flaws and that the dialogue was repeatedly showing...Original cast on show usurped freedom and democracy of an established governmental body (despite the Council being complete and 1 dimensional morons). Adama was someone that we would call a "lovable dictator". He was Commander of all Colonial Armed Forces and President. Reminds me of Fidel Castro if he had been a good man but still a dictator. do I still love the original BSG? Yes! Absolutely! It is truly a work of art, but I recognize the truth...the show was great and the new BSG cannot remove that. If you take the NeoBSG as a separate universe (much like I had to do with Star Trek TNG and TOS Star Trek) then watch with new eyes, you can appreciate things more on the new show. For example, the NeoBSG is exactly the decadent and extermely liberal society that is the USA today...people more interested in their "rights" than actual reality and then doomed to repeat mistakes of the past. I have seen things in the last 15 years that I could not have imagined in a dark and horrible world that we now live in. A USA where common sense is not common, everyone hates truth and reality and believes every new lie, decadent and full of corruption from the poorest individual to the richest.

This is the Colonial society we see in NeoBSG. Adama's quote rings clear, "Why are we as a people worth saving? We still commit murder, because of greed, spite, jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything that we've done. Like we did with the Cylons. We decided to play god, create life. When that life turned against us, we comforted ourselves in the knowledge that it really wasn't our fault, not really. You cannot play god, then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore." This is what NeoBSG is all about...reality that the NeoBSG could be us today and in fact it is!

That level of drama is what makes NeoBSG amazing and worth watching. The depth and breath of the NeoBSG is far richer than the original show and taken as a reality drama in space...well it really is pretty cool.

I am not trying to convince you but just musing myself. I really enjoyed your story and will continue the others. I would make all the connected stories on your homepage say Book I, Book II, etc in the title so it is easy to find. Great job!
RDDash chapter 27 . 10/25/2019
It's not exactly accurate, humans on Earth believe in whatever you want them to believe. Giant Spaghetti Monsters, Satan and vengeful monotheistic God, Flat Earth society, space lizards, etc etc. If there is suddenly a fringe group that worships Gods of Kobol, who really going to care and call them wrong
RDDash chapter 16 . 10/23/2019
No offense but the Race really sounds like the most pathetic race ever existed in the galaxy.
RDDash chapter 7 . 10/22/2019
The one thing I don't get in the original Colonials got nuked by the cylons, then wondered across who knows where, found a rock they called Earth and died on it. Here not only they've found the Earth by accident, they also suddenly found a new colony right in the neighborhood of 36 light years.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/27/2019
I just can't read on, I'm just incapable of seeing any reason the Colonials were left alone for 3 years after the biggest attack on earth, ever. Even Anubis only attacked with 30 Ha'taks.

With the Race, they fired on Home, while with the Clonials, they don't even leave some observers to see, how the Colonials are obviously preparing to attack once more.

In the TV-series, they would launch sporatic attacks on all orbital structures, crippling the Colonials ability to build another fleet to attack Earth.
Blaze1992 chapter 30 . 1/10/2019
Wouldn't their sensors detected the life forms of the race in the BSG ships when they were leaving?
Azrael chapter 23 . 12/27/2018
Hey author, you should have decided a single prename for Iblison and stick with it.
Because i'm already seeing a third and that's just ridiculous.
Or at least reedit the story and fix it, if possible
Guardian54 chapter 6 . 10/30/2016
I foresee the good Admiral pulling out a pistol and ganking the fanatic at some point before ordering a surrender to preserve life.

Kind of like how when I wrote a SupCom meets BSG cross in homage of your work, I had Cain shoot a political commissar.

It's good to be back to my FFN roots, reading your work...
EJeanTheCat chapter 21 . 6/12/2016
The man want to start in the Middle East?
Good luck, it'll sound nice on his tombstone.
Dun1 chapter 30 . 11/19/2015
why would the Asgard give the race technology, with the cylons staying with them they had access to artificial gravity and colonial ftls. Also the colonial ftl shouldn't take a year to get to earth remember that first of all in the past their designs were not as advanced and were limited because of lack of networking.
PascalDragon chapter 30 . 8/29/2015
This is an interesting continuation of your previous story. It's always interesting to see the reactions of the Colonials to everything that threatens their belief system, be it religion, heritage, aliens or whatever. Though you also let the Terrans keep the door open for the Colonials despite their differences. And 'Cain's Odyssey' was a really nice slap in the face for the Colonials. It's good that he (and by extension the government) don't know that Lemuria is in fact capable of space travel and even more so for sure capable of holding herself against a big Colonial fleet ;)
I definitely don't like Iblison. He's great written, don't take that wrong, but he's as unlikeable as Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter series. ;)
I see you also mentioned the attack of the Lucian Alliance on Icarus. So no Destiny here or was it just a cover story that everyone died in the attack?
Time to move to your third story :)

Yours,
Sven
jag389 chapter 30 . 8/4/2015
very enjoyable. Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2015
nmm, h, . .,m..,.,.,.,.,.
Nate chapter 22 . 3/11/2015
The slaving bastard colonies need to be eradicated - have Carter blow up their sun(s) please.