Reviews for The Reluctant Hokage
Dashusi4ka chapter 8 . 7/16
disgusting, even for shinobi. truly, the only uchiha worth respect is itachi, the rest are better off dead
cor tenebris chapter 16 . 6/24
One Word: Masterpiece
Not Random Writer chapter 16 . 6/12
A Naruto fic that doesn't focus on Naruto... This is awesome!
The POV switch created a very unique story! The different divergent are very interesting and the characters are very well made.
Hope you haven't abandoned this yet
YungMoolah chapter 16 . 6/4
Amazing fanfic, cant wait for more chapters :D
Tyrannitor chapter 16 . 5/29
This is amazing. I can't believe I haven't seen this story before. I sincerely hope you update soon. I will review all the chapters at some point, but hopefully this should tide you over till then :)
Krishka chapter 16 . 5/24
I really really loved this fic, and I hope that you'll soon update it. Such an amazing fic deserves completion. I loved your concept, as I always felt that a middle road could have been found. I haven't seen Naruto past the Chunnin exams arc, only read the further story on Narutopedia. So I don't know if I'm actually right, but from what I have read, Third Hokage came of as weak, as he was saddened by the massacare, but took no initiative to even prevent it. Hell he even subjected Itachi to further trauma by making him a secret agent, and seriously what good came of it? Only Akatsuki benefitted, seeing as our Naruto characters did not know even basics like, Sasori is a puppet, Kakazu has seven hearts, Hidan is immortal..., so what sort of information did Itachi even pass on. Atleast he could've suggested Itachi take Sasuke with him, and live a peaceful life outside, without being hunted by ANBU.

But anyways I like the Third of this story, as he put his foot down and fought for Itachi; against injustice, going so far as threatening to leave Leaf, if Itachi is not given his due respect as Hokage. And seriously what a waste of his talents it was in Canon. Itachi would've made a splendid and deserving Hokage. I like how you have made his journey realistic and not all sunshine and rainbows. Like how he earns his naysayers respect, Kakashi's chapter was to die for (my favorite), as was Ibiki's line. Iruka, Anko and Shishui were really nicely written.

And never would have thought I would say it, but I really didn't like Tsunade, I know her hatred (not even dislike) is justified, but seriously she left the village in her selfish interests, and now she has a problem. I wonder what her reaction would be when Hiruzen confides in her. The guilt, the abrupt judgement, the conniving traitorous planning...
It would be worth to see how Itachi manages to get his due from Tsunade, Naruto and Uchiha Clan.

And Mikoto and Ino both just highlighted the dark side of being a Kunoichi, seriously a great job. Never I thought from that viewpoint, it really seems logical, for why would have Itachi killed his his clan, considering they would have done the same. Poor Sasuke is brainwashed as always. And Ino this is the reason why she was at the top of her class. But Itachi however naïve to matters of heart is not stupid enough to be caught in seduction politics, Yamanaka mind games be damned. Also since my OTP is ItaHina, I really do hope they end up together, even if in a arranged marriage sort of way, love will find its way. And oddly in this story they'll compliment each other, with Tsunade's training she would be strong enough to protect herself from dangers of being the Hokage's wife, and her being clan heiress and naturally smart, she can easily find her way and hold her own in political labyrinths. If not her than he could be gay or remain single, it would be preferable that way.

Also now since Hinata is under the tutelage of Tsunade, Chunnin exams would be very interesting. And since Oro never left, Oto wouldn't have been established, so no sound-sand drama. But what I'm really impatient for is Itachi-Kisame confrontation, and I'm assuming in doing that he will gain both Naruto's unwavering loyalty and respect, and Sasuke's hidden/lost love and respect for his aniki. Seriously the Uchiha Clan in this fic, is so making it damn difficult for not wanting their massacare, hopefully Shishui will come to the rescue and make them realize the sacrifices Itachi made, so that they can live.

And now who'll kill Danzo, and if Oro attacks and Hiruzen dies, what will become of Itachi, hopefully either Tsunade or Jiraiya warms up to him by the time, as he'll need their backing to remain standing, in a scenario where everyone is waiting with bated breaths, for his one mistake, howsoever small.

I really am becoming a fan of your writing style, the way you have written each character, be it Kakashi, Shishui, Ibiki, Anko, Iruka, the Third, Kisame, everyone. Though I hope chapters on Hinata, Naruto and Sasuke's feelings also come up.
Although you have done a splendid job so far, showing the Reluctant Hokage, not only from the Godaime himself but other people surrounding him. But I can't help but notice (hopefully I'm hallucinating) the slightly morbid tone and direction of story. I hope you are not planning to make Itachi die, either in battle or selfless sacrifice. Because well readers (at least me) will cry a river. If it's justified I understand, but still you have a great concept with a wide scope, I'm sure Itachi will prove his worth as Godaime, and maybe a great Hokage like fourth. But one thing I'm sure by the end of this story, dead or alive, Hokage or not, Itachi will earn the respect and admiration of everyone alike, not because he was a great Godaime Hokage, but because Godaime Hokage was Itachi, the great.

Please do continue and update. This fic is definitely going in my favorite list.

Have a great day :) :) :)
Axcel chapter 4 . 5/18
It isn't the Senju legacy, Tsunade. It is both the Senju and the Uchiha equally.
Axcel chapter 2 . 5/18
Nice going, Itachi, you defeated the point of becoming Hokage. The whole point was that an UCHIHA would be Hokage. You divested yourself of the Uchiha name and clan. Great Job Breaking It, Hero.
Axcel chapter 1 . 5/18
The entire downfall of the Uchiha clan in canon was full of betrayals that caused it and resulted in a slap on the wrist, baseless assumptions and jumping to conclusions unbecoming of a shinobi and radically OOC for the people who did it, purposely avoiding even attempting to address the easily addressed issues that caused the Uchiha to become a problem, etc. Basically, like every dramatic part of Naruto (one of the series's few downsides), it does all of those things and more simply to tailor the entire situation to be dramatic instead of using creativity (which the creator of Naruto clearly has in spades) to formulate a scenario that would force the Uchiha massacre to happen without any of the retardation going on behind the scenes.
xXRosexScorpiusXx chapter 16 . 4/19
I really like your story. But I hope that Ino fails to catch Itachi's attention. Maybe you could add Izumi Uchiha? I definitely ship her with Itachi.
I love ItaSaku as well, but I would prefer Shisui and Sakura. Everything is better than Sasuke, though, in my opinion. ;-)
But I wouldn't mind it if Itachi did not end up with anyone. Sometimes, romance is overrated. And I'm actually mostly intereted in Itachi and how he deals with his job as Hokage. The opposition he faces/is going to face (e.g. Tsunade, maybe even his own mother) makes things even more exciting. Update soon, please!

Greetings
Rose
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 16 . 4/17
Yes, I also like how Itachi isn't afraid to get his hands dirty.
Hulkishpower chapter 16 . 4/12
Absolutely love it. Please update soon. And I really request a not tragic ending.
shyd1 chapter 16 . 4/2
Interesting! I loved the Shisui/Itachi moment, of course!
WynnCharmer chapter 16 . 3/19
I think this story is amazing. Itachi would have made a wonderful Hokage.
Like like like