Reviews for The Reluctant Hokage
jedwardm chapter 9 . 10/18/2010
You continue to write an engaging and exceptionally high-quality story! Keep it up...I am eager to see what comes next.

Regards,

Jedwardm
LonelyAura chapter 9 . 10/18/2010
I...did not expect this. Wow, great job with this!
MissCreepyBear chapter 9 . 10/18/2010
Amazing! very descriptive and yet to the point! great job!
Elaienar chapter 9 . 10/18/2010
I'm extremely pleased with your portrayal of Hiashi. I've read quite a few fanfics where the author takes his disapproval of Hinata's weak nature and assumes that this means that he doesn't love her at all, which I tend to think is unrealistic. Being disappointed in how one's child is turning out is a far cry from hating or being completely indifferent to her. One of the things I like best about your writing is that the antagonists aren't pure evil: they're just people doing what they think is right. Thanks for the great chapter.
phoebe turner chapter 9 . 10/18/2010
great chapter!
jaeriaxabielle chapter 9 . 10/17/2010
i wonder what sasuke thinks at the end of this? i pity everyone involved...tsunade for her prejudices, mikoto for her lost son, hinata for her unrequited affections, but most notably itachi for being alone, in all sense of the word. great story, i'm really enjoying it so far :3
bakapervert chapter 9 . 10/17/2010
Thanks for the update. THough Tsunade feel like a bitch here.
sexypancake chapter 9 . 10/17/2010
Very interesting chapter! I just read you comments on LJ before I reviewed because I wanted to make sure I knew what you were thinking when you wrote this chapter. I agree about Kishimoto's inability to create a constantly strong female character who doesn't fall back on the help of men, and I'll be interested to see how your opinions about that play out in this fic.

Personally, I *do* like Itachi more than Tsunade, so when they finally meet (which I have been waiting for since chapter 4), admittedly I want him to grudgingly impress her. I know you said that Itachi has had too smooth of sailing up to this point, which I'm going to assume means he'll have to deal with some sizable hurdles soon, but I really do want him to succeed. I realize this sort of goes against your comments about female empowerment, essentially that Tsunade and Mikoto should be kicking butt rather than letting Itachi be on his way without hassles, but for as much as I believe they have every right to make his life a living hell, and be *good* at it, I still want him to come out of it stronger in the end.

Does that make sense? I feel like I'm confusing myself now. haha. Either way, I was super excited to see Tsunade again in this chapter. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Hinata too. Though her instruction under Tsunade is just a cover, I hope that Hinata gains some strength of character from it. It would be interesting if in this AU she took Sakura's role from the canon (though of course she'd be much younger here).
Piper Julian chapter 9 . 10/17/2010
Hmm the gentle fist super strength... quite the deadly combo!

Very nice chapter! I like how the implications of a Uchiha in leadership keep piling up gradually:). Very well done!
Imperial Dragon chapter 9 . 10/17/2010
Tsunade must really want to meet Itachi alone if she was trying to get Hiashi to have an heir confirmation ceremony.
Tiky3000 chapter 9 . 10/17/2010
Finally, Tsunade/Itachi showdown approaching. Excellent.
Lucy Ash Hawthorne chapter 9 . 10/17/2010
i love it!
theform chapter 8 . 10/17/2010
great story. the snippet approach is fantastic, having given you the freedom to develop your world without being weighed down by the constraints of a linear story. looking forward to future chapters...hopefully with more naruto.
uo-chou chapter 8 . 10/13/2010
Interesting. I like your Mikoto.
Elaienar chapter 8 . 10/10/2010
...Wow. I started off this chapter thinking "oh here is an interesting look at how certain situations and relationships would develop if the world of Naruto had gone in a completely different direction" and I ended it thinking ... well, I'm not sure what exactly I am thinking but I am certainly impressed.
627 | « Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 .. Last Next »