Reviews for Just a Knife
Neko-Mitsuko chapter 1 . 3/3
I like this!
IWasNeverReal chapter 1 . 1/11
Daaaaamn. That was wicked. Go Kaoru!
HopefullyNot chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
Very well written!
Keep up the good work!
A Midsummer chapter 1 . 9/3/2014
Kaoru asserting for once her authority as an instructor. This is really the first time I've seen her as Kaoru the instuctor and the mature woman she really is underneath the insecurities.
UrmixMoonstone chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
Wow!
Angelica chibilua chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
very good! *O*
thelouringlady chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Wonderful! I wish more writers would take the time to explore Kaoru's viewpoint on life and her family style.
meantoddy chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
cool. :) such a smart woman, Kaoru-dono is. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
i was digging around the dusty archives and stumbled upon this wonderfully insightful and profound explanation... great little scene! so glad to read stories where kaoru isn't just clobbering people willynilly without restraint because she is so much more than that, she is an intelligent and caring young woman.

just in case you hadn't heard about the 'rurouni kenshin' live action movie that's been released in japan and they're planning on releasing it in over sixty countries! or the new manga rewrite it's called 'kinema ban' or the animated rewrite of the kyoto arc called 'shin kyoto hen' (all different stories, kenshin is depicted as less silly and a bit more serious).

if you plug in the following code in the youtube search engine you can see a few of the trailers for the live action movie:

yaLOPVAuJs4

enjoy! -there are english subs on youtube for the trailers if you look for them it's just that that was the only one with all seven character portrayals in one video.

delighted,
ginny
kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
ټ
TheMysticalFett chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Vey very good writing. Thanks
findingwhimsy chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Even after so long, coming back to this fic always makes me appreciate the Kamiya family more. I really wished the actual manga addressed this issue. Jason M. Lee's comment has me picturing Kaoru taking Kenshin's sakabatou and commanding it to attack. LOL. It blows my mind how complex Kamiya Kasshin Ryu really is and most people don't even realize it.
Jason M. Lee chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Yup, same one who reviewed this way back in 2002.

And reading this again as a much older fan. The whole question of whether the knife is good or bad rather reminded much of a conversation I had with a friend's friend. Said friend knew connections with the... less savory side of society and recounted of how he was invited to a journalism class as a guest speaker before I interviewed him for my English class. He gave the same demonstration, except instead of a knife, he used a stapler, whereas the sword which Kaoru refers to were guns. To my chagrin, I wanted to laugh badly when he gestured at the stapler and commanded it to kill someone. Of course, he said the exact same thing in that the stapler is no different than the gun, being inanimate objects, and hammered in that very lesson: weapons don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people.

It's a bit of a refreshing read, I have to admit. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
I know this story isn't romance and all and it is really deep, but the knife-indirect kiss is keeping me from thinking about anything else, but how it is so romantic *squeals* and refreshing from those eating tongue- i mean kissing that others seem to prefer.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Good thing I am scared of the knife. I never knew using one can give you so much power.
Mystikat chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
I don't understand how you don't have a thousand plus fifteen-thousand reviews for this. I'm reading this almost seven years later after I first put this on my favorites, and it is still one of most elegant pieces I've encountered in fanfiction.

My writing preference tends to be complex and twisty, style-wise, and sometimes I forget how powerful simplicity is. How striking and beautiful. You don't need elaborate descriptions to get your point across, and even though the message applies easily outside of fandom, you still keep all the characters voices intact. It's so much bigger than fanfiction, but still about the story that inspired it.

I love this. I loved it when I was fourteen, and now when I'm twenty-one. This is what all fanfiction should be. Bravo.