Reviews for The Finer Shades of Why
Rascal chapter 43 . 1/11
I can't describe how amazing and light this is.
So dark to so light.
The contrast between the beginning, middle, and end is blinding.
So much growth and change happened.
This is a fresh powerful plot, not at all stale.
Rascal chapter 27 . 1/8
I'm holding on this secret hope that Anakin will some how turn around pick up Obi before it's too late.
Once the rebels get him, it'll be a while before he can do anything about it.
Rascal chapter 26 . 1/8
How in the world did I figure out that Obi-Wan was pulling off a self-sacrificing move whe even Anakin didn't?

He starts talking about his plan(genius btw) and I'm like... Distraction? Oh no. I hope I'm imagining things.

Before this story, I didn't have any connection to Obi-Wan, but now I can say that I'm freaking out that he's putting himself in so much danger. I have an attachment to Obi-Wan. Wow.
Rascal chapter 25 . 1/8
I just realized something AMAZING about your writing.
You write the characters so well and in their proper personality that I can HEAR their voices whe they talk.

I'm not crazy.

I mean that they are so much themselves, I can hear the actor's with whom I associate the character with voice speaking the words.
I've only found that three times now.
That's MINDBLOWINGLY fantastic.
Rascal chapter 11 . 1/8
I applaud your villainous masterpiece.
Just... Wow.
I feel paranoid every time he pops up.
And when he walks into a room with Ani or Obj-I just snap.
I mean, the guy watched Anakin wake up, I was cooing btw, and he was using it to manipulate him in the future!
What kind of monster does that?
He sends dread and terror through me.
Rascal chapter 8 . 1/7
His touch is gentle, and Obi-Wan can't help letting his gaze skitter back down, watching those hands smooth the healing patch onto his leg.

CREEPY. Just... WRONG.
Rascal chapter 7 . 1/7
I am ridiculously proud of them right now.
But I bet Dooku knows that Anakin knows where the bases are. Even if he doesn't know HOW.
Rascal chapter 6 . 1/7
If I could be ANYTHING right this second.
I'd be an assassin. Behind Dooku's back.
With a knife.

Yeah... He's ticked me off. I'm pretty much in cold-blooded-who-touched-my-babies mode.
Rascal chapter 4 . 1/6
I'm getting dangerously angry at Dooku.
The clones, I understand.
But Dooku's critsism of Anakin and twisted interest in Obi-Wan is pushing every single one of my buttons.
idrilestone chapter 40 . 12/3/2014
I'm usually just a lurker and I realize it's probably pointless to review a story so old, but i've been searching for one like this and it's exactly what i've been looking for. I love the relationship between obi-wan and anakin and all their characterizations, including padme. But honestly, the aspect of this story i've most found interesting was the relationship between the clones and the jedi they betrayed. It's something that i feel isn't always explored to it's full extent, but it's such a fascinating part of the story that i often wonder why.
Veritas1995 chapter 43 . 11/13/2014
Holy cow.

The movies made Dooku a joke. The 2008 cartoon made him a worthy villain.

This... made him SCARY.

Dooku could (and DID) accurately predict what Anakin and Obi-Wan would do next. He put both Jedi in positions where they would get the other killed if they continued.

He manipulated everything. The only error he made was letting his arrogance blind him to other possibilities.

Dooku is no joke, and this fic proves that.

Awesome job.
Andrithir chapter 43 . 10/11/2014
A beautifully written story. I loved how you managed to characterise the clones.
DarkSunny chapter 12 . 8/13/2014
Wow that conversation was an amazing way to handle the revelation about the Tusken Camp slaughter. You have their characters down perfectly, and I'm really left to wonder now whether Dooku made a big mistake in leaving the two of them alone to talk after that revelation.

(Also, as a probably way too personal side-note, the conversation between them has given me perspective on some of the things I've been too self-absorbed to see in terms of not getting along with my own mother...woah.)
Sue Clover chapter 43 . 8/10/2014
So, that happened. And it was beautiful. And it gave me... so much peace. Good ending. Very good. I'm tired, now, otherwise I'd be more articulate. And, given that it's 7:37 in the morning, I should really start to get back to being diurnal, for the sake of myself when college starts. Good stories or not, sleep is important.
Anyway, I'd like to congratulate you on a story well written. I really really loved it.
Sometimes, you use the same phrases to describe a characteristic a few too many times, or maybe overemphasize the character development; while it is vitally important and drives a story, making it too obvious can lessen its impact. You have room for improvement. But wow, I really like your writing! I really, really do.
And Obi-Wan is my favorite, too.
Sue Clover chapter 42 . 8/10/2014
Ah, that was beautiful. Really good. Enough healing for Obi-Wan, almost, and for Anakin. And when it comes to Dooku, well. That last bit of realization, about why he hates Anakin, and everything else. It almost made me cry. You almost made me cry, for /Dooku/. You know, I really kind of hate that you can't italicize most things on the internet, and have to make do with punctuation tricks like that. It just doesn't have the same effect. Oh, well. Still, that was moving. You really get the inner tragedy of the dark side, and I love that Dooku does, too. He's no longer lying to himself about that, and he knows what he's lost. And it really made me sad. But the bit with Anakin and Obi-Wan is making me happy, so it's okay. and I think the epilogue is going to make me really happy.