Reviews for The Finer Shades of Why
SnowflakesandMozart chapter 43 . 6/19
Your AU is fabulous. Your writing is so complex and you build the characters so believably that I was completely drawn into this world. Everybody was in character, even as the situation around them was completely different from canon. You had great insights into Dooku's motivations, especially in his final confrontation with Anakin when he finally admitted to himself that he hated Anakin because he saw his own weaknesses in Skywalker and had to acknowledge that he had chosen to fall. I love the ways you explored freedom and choice; Obi-Wan's choices when Dooku threatened Anakin were coerced, yet you didn't gloss over their consequences, particularly Utapau. Yet in the end, the choices that mattered most were the ones he made to love Anakin and to cling to the light. The interactions with Cody brilliantly explored another aspect of choice, as the clones had no choice but to follow their duty yet still found ways to circumvent those orders.

Padme was wonderful! decisive, insightful, a woman of action. And Anakin's growth was so satisfying. You never glossed over his faults, but you took him on a believable journey into maturity, and it was beautiful to watch. His final confrontation with Dooku was very satisfying, but it was his behavior in their duel when he governed his emotions and deliberately chose to remain in the light that convinced me he had finally grown up.

And the epilogue just feels so good!
guest chapter 43 . 5/29
This is a great story!
Atalante chapter 43 . 1/27
You probably won't read this review, but this story is far too amazing, well written, in-character to not congratulate you for. Whenever I watch revenge of the sith, I hope Anakin will make different choices, he won't betray Obi-Wan, he won't fall in a failed attempt to save Padme, he will save himself and the galaxy from so much pain, that it would be something like what you wrote, still dark and dramatic, yet with a beautiful, sweet ending. It's one of the best (if not the best) stories I've ever read.
Basil Allegri chapter 25 . 12/15/2016
This story fascinates me because of all the different ways you can approach the dark side (even if the underlying ideals are the same).
Guest chapter 43 . 10/26/2016
Loved it!
Jadaerys chapter 16 . 10/3/2016
LOL
Asj Johnson chapter 22 . 9/25/2016
Hmm... Obi-Wan might could find a loophole by going to arrest them instead of kill them. If they surrender, then tie them up and hand them over to the rebels to execute fairly. The rebels won’t be telling Dooku, and it’ll be something fun for them to do (as Padmé was discussing earlier, about a lack of activity).—of course, Obi-Wan doesn’t seem to be in the right mindset to think at the moment.
I see the title in this chapter. :D
I kind’a get the feeling the ‘having to best people means your insecure’ thing was a lesson Dooku had taught Qui-Gon, and so Dooku’s reaction isn’t only from Anakin calling him insecure.
(also wonder if Dooku’s talking from experience about how Obi-Wan, after falling, will look back on how he swore he never would)
Interesting how I sometimes see flashes of similarity to Anakin’s situation in the movie. ...I think the first time was when he was going there, something about it being premeditated, decided, reminded me of Anakin. I think it had to do with Obi-Wan not wanting to do it, but seeing no other choice, and killing them all in order to save Anakin. It felt a lot like Anakin’s first kills for Padmé. And now in the story, there’s Obi-Wan knocking Padmé away and worrying her with how dark he seems. It’s not as strong, but it’s a little visual parallel.
I kind’a like Obi-Wan’s hopelessness at the end of the chapter. The scene. With all those thoughts of saving Anakin from Obi-Wan himself.
Asj Johnson chapter 1 . 9/21/2016
well, this seems like a good plan. Instead of publicly taking over as emperor or something, have the galaxy in total confusion. Confusion is a powerful thing (and can be quite amusing to watch). I wonder if he'll step in as leader at some point, but I guess that'll be revealed within the next... 42 chapters of the fic.
meiloorun-notthe-fruit chapter 4 . 8/27/2016
shouldn't both Anakin and Obi-Wan have felt Order 66, and have doubled over in pain?
other than that, really great read
littlemsstrawberry chapter 43 . 8/22/2016
Love it. Love the relationship between anakin and Obiwan. I can't believe I spent the entire day non stop reading. Very well written that i actually teared for some of the chapters. And to think I hadn't wanted to read past the first few chapters. I ended up being addicted.
lilyflower1345 chapter 43 . 8/11/2016
Amazing story ! I just spent pretty much all day read this and I loved it. Obi-Wan and Anakin's bond was right on, and I loved the dynamic with Obi- Wan and Padme as well. The ending scene with Luke initiating a bond was great too. Thanks for writing this :)
aGreatLoudThump chapter 43 . 7/30/2016
I like this ending. I'm happy that Obi-Wan gets to train Luke. That's one thing that always kind of bugged me in canon - that Obi-Wan never got a chance to really train Luke in the ways of the Force. I understand the reasoning behind it; he wasn't sure he could train another apprentice without having them fall to the dark side like Anakin did, among other things. But still. It always kind of bugged me that Luke can't be fully considered Obi-Wan's padawan. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, thank you for fixing that. And also, thanks for the great story!
Guest chapter 43 . 7/8/2016
Amazing work. So talented. A sequel would be a great addition, in my opinion!
Pandora151 chapter 43 . 6/30/2016
I can't even express in words how much I enjoyed this story! Great job :)
Elise chapter 43 . 6/21/2016