Reviews for The Finer Shades of Why
Jadaerys chapter 16 . 10/3
Asj Johnson chapter 22 . 9/25
Hmm... Obi-Wan might could find a loophole by going to arrest them instead of kill them. If they surrender, then tie them up and hand them over to the rebels to execute fairly. The rebels won’t be telling Dooku, and it’ll be something fun for them to do (as Padmé was discussing earlier, about a lack of activity).—of course, Obi-Wan doesn’t seem to be in the right mindset to think at the moment.
I see the title in this chapter. :D
I kind’a get the feeling the ‘having to best people means your insecure’ thing was a lesson Dooku had taught Qui-Gon, and so Dooku’s reaction isn’t only from Anakin calling him insecure.
(also wonder if Dooku’s talking from experience about how Obi-Wan, after falling, will look back on how he swore he never would)
Interesting how I sometimes see flashes of similarity to Anakin’s situation in the movie. ...I think the first time was when he was going there, something about it being premeditated, decided, reminded me of Anakin. I think it had to do with Obi-Wan not wanting to do it, but seeing no other choice, and killing them all in order to save Anakin. It felt a lot like Anakin’s first kills for Padmé. And now in the story, there’s Obi-Wan knocking Padmé away and worrying her with how dark he seems. It’s not as strong, but it’s a little visual parallel.
I kind’a like Obi-Wan’s hopelessness at the end of the chapter. The scene. With all those thoughts of saving Anakin from Obi-Wan himself.
Asj Johnson chapter 1 . 9/21
well, this seems like a good plan. Instead of publicly taking over as emperor or something, have the galaxy in total confusion. Confusion is a powerful thing (and can be quite amusing to watch). I wonder if he'll step in as leader at some point, but I guess that'll be revealed within the next... 42 chapters of the fic.
Eya145 chapter 4 . 8/27
shouldn't both Anakin and Obi-Wan have felt Order 66, and have doubled over in pain?
other than that, really great read
littlemsstrawberry chapter 43 . 8/22
Love it. Love the relationship between anakin and Obiwan. I can't believe I spent the entire day non stop reading. Very well written that i actually teared for some of the chapters. And to think I hadn't wanted to read past the first few chapters. I ended up being addicted.
lilyflower1345 chapter 43 . 8/11
Amazing story ! I just spent pretty much all day read this and I loved it. Obi-Wan and Anakin's bond was right on, and I loved the dynamic with Obi- Wan and Padme as well. The ending scene with Luke initiating a bond was great too. Thanks for writing this :)
aGreatLoudThump chapter 43 . 7/30
I like this ending. I'm happy that Obi-Wan gets to train Luke. That's one thing that always kind of bugged me in canon - that Obi-Wan never got a chance to really train Luke in the ways of the Force. I understand the reasoning behind it; he wasn't sure he could train another apprentice without having them fall to the dark side like Anakin did, among other things. But still. It always kind of bugged me that Luke can't be fully considered Obi-Wan's padawan. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, thank you for fixing that. And also, thanks for the great story!
Amazing work. So talented. A sequel would be a great addition, in my opinion!
Pandora151 chapter 43 . 6/30
I can't even express in words how much I enjoyed this story! Great job :)
Elise chapter 43 . 6/21
Truly amazing.
oh my god! This was an amazing, beautiful, exciting and endearing story! It made me laugh, tear up a bit and even chew on my nails a little... Wow! An awesome journey! i loved your characterization, they were beliavable and emotionally canon... i could definately see it happening! Such a complete and well written tale!
Convenient Alias chapter 40 . 4/13
Gah, I love this fic. I must have reread it five times by now, and something new always strikes me. This time it's Cody, and his arc, however brief. Well executed.
AnotherBook chapter 26 . 4/9
This chapter makes me wonder where Yularen is in this AU. Actually, I'd like to get a general idea of what goes on in Yularen's head, since he worked with Anakin and Obi-Wan but he's still with the Empire later...
ErinKenobi2893 chapter 18 . 3/19
I kinda like Anakin just ditching Palpatine like "YOLO" or "I do what I want!"
It's fun.
uru94 chapter 42 . 1/29
And i forgot to say that you make incredible AU's and i love this story because the're is not enough fics where Obi-Wan falls, even if only partially. And because it explore Anakin-Obi-Wan relationship, but that i think is obvious