Reviews for What Little Chance
Of Stories and Songs chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Beautiful piece! I've always thought that Peter's head was a fascinating place to get into, and you did a beautiful job at it. :)
Kathryn Merlin chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Great character study. I really enjoyed this!
Deep Sorrow chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Ooh, I liked this one too. Very cool perspective.
gnbrules chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Ah, I love it, especially the part about how Peter almost misses when it was simple, when catching mattered instead of caring about Neal, but how he can't help but think the 'added dimensions' are worth it. Great work!
Tharin chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
I really like this look into Peter's head. A character study, but also an overview of season one, in my opinion. The way you wrote Peter, his believes and values, seems very true to character to me. One of my favorite parts was this one: "...their interactions always smacked of a kid on the monkey bars yelling "look at me!, look what I can do!" It was pretty hard to resent." Neal seems to project this mental image very often.
costley51 chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
A couple of the lines I liked.

millimeter difference between his real smile and that terrible false one that always sent splinters of pain through Peter's chest

there were leagues of difference between not wanting to hurt people and actually not hurting them.
alli1 chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Very well written and insightful story. Poor Peter, he really does have his hands full with both El and Neal siding against him. His understanding of how Neal views the world is right on the mark. Very enjoyable read.
Duffy1 chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
I hope you realize how good this is! No whump, no slash, just wonderful words. Thank you.
Rainey13 chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Nice character study!
breezyyy chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
this is just as touching and lovely as the last one but i do like the complete exposure of Neal better but that's only because i seem to lean towards the con man as my favorite character. I love the insight to Peter when El and Neal gang up on him and the last section was beautiful.
SaintDogStreet chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
This is beautifully written and altogether very lovely. Nicely done.
j3nnee chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
*claps* Fantastic character play.

Very well written :D
Wondo chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
Amazing! You completely caught Peter's essence!
00000909000000 chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
Wow that was really good. I love the character of Peter, he is the rock that El and Neal need. I liked hearing his perspective on their relationship. Thanks for sharing!
BrownSheep chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
I liked it and the human side of Peter the story shows. I guess it leaves me with a nagging question. Why is it that Neal is so suspect? Okay, I know he is a criminal. However, it seems that we give him credit for having a "heart of gold" but still treat him like a misguided child. I wish that someone would write a story showing that Neal has a lot more depth than people give him credit for or that Peter realizes that he really underestimates Neal. That's it . . . Peter underestimates Neal's depths.