Reviews for A Beginner's Guide To Pokémon
walkswithwheels chapter 43 . 20h
Such excellent work, and I love the unique concept! It has a perfect blend of immersion into the Pokémon world will consider using concepts from the games, I'd love to see you complete this fan fiction with entries on all the Pokémon. It would be really cool to see!

Keep up the good work!
Sinnoh Firefly chapter 43 . 7/22
I'm so so happy you guys are still updating this! Despite how life gets in the way from time to time, work/studies, family, friends, etc., you guys are still dedicated to this and still put in as much effort and love as the first time you started writing this. Thank you so much for this rare literary treasure! I'm rooting for you guys and that you keep writing this, one chapter at a time. Take as long as you need and most of all, have fun while writing and updating this - that's the whole point of fanfiction after all ;)
The Anguished One chapter 43 . 7/19
Love the interpretation of Psyduck's and Golduck's bizarre psychic abilities. My favorite bit here is the explanation behind the Cloud Nine, how they just forget how weather works and ignores it.
Please though, you don't need to apologize over the delay in updates. I'm fine with waiting for such marvelous work.
Stealthfire101 chapter 43 . 7/19
Great to have you back! Can't wait for future updates, I love this story!
partner555 chapter 43 . 7/19
An update? Yes! Thanks for the latest chapter.
EpicMeowthCat chapter 1 . 5/12
Wow! I learned alot even though this is only the intro. I only have Meoth. :-(
No One chapter 12 . 4/26
I adore this. Seriously, adore. My favorite thing are the names of all the professors. At first I thought you couldn't get any better than Chip Endale, but now with Pit Icarus with Gods in Your Pocket, you have proved me wrong. Thank you. Thank you so much.
Sinnoh Firefly chapter 4 . 3/8
I love how you explained the Types and their weaknesses and resistances, giving logical explanations to back them up.

I think the first Pokémon that existed were Normal Type. Not only is Arceus, the alpha Pokémon, a Normal Type but so are many other very unique Pokémon like Ditto, Castform and Kecleon. The other Types emerged as Pokémon began to adapt to different environments and new dangers. Further logic that might back this up is that Eevee can evolve into many different Pokémon, each with a new Type. Normal Type attacks are also the only Type not super effective against any of the others and Normal Types have no resistances excluding Ghost. Normal Pokémon are also the most versatile Type as they can learn the widest variety of moves of different Types , indicating they have the biggest probability of "evolving" into other Types. Normal Pokémon are also amongst the most abundant Pokémon showing that those Pokémon that didn't change Type adapted to new challenges in other ways. Normal TMs are also the ones that can be learnt by the greatest variety of Pokémon like Hidden Power, Secret Power, Return, etc. And almost all Pokémon learn Normal Type moves in their learnset. All these reasons are why I think Pokémon have their origins in the Normal Type.

Haha probably over analysed this but it made sense after reading what you wrote on Normal Types.
I agree and yet disagree with you. I agree that there are no solely carnivorous Pokémon since all Pokémon can eat Berries, Pokeblocks, Puffins; just as you said. But I don't think you can state that ALL Pokemon are omnivores, i.e., that there are no herbivores. I find it hard to believe that Tauros or Miltank eat meat and there is no evidence that I know of proving they do.

Also, depending on the metal, they can either be super conductors of electricity or isolators. As for the Steel type I think it's probably a kind of metal or an alloy that does conduct electricity but not to the point of being Super Effective against them.
Sinnoh Firefly chapter 31 . 3/5
Wow! :D That was brilliant, I loved your theory on Morphic Resonance! What a creative and original concept.

I was thinking about what you wrote and came up with two other plausible theories to why the Type-chart changed.

First of all, with regards to Fairy Pokémon. I think these Pokémon had a latent gene (much like the mutant gene in X-Men) and that something triggered the activation of this gene and thus the emergence of Fairies. In some Pokémon cases, like Clefairy and Snubull, the activation was so pronounced that the Fairy Type became the dominant Type replacing the Pokémon's previous Type (in this case, Normal). In other situations, the Fairy Type manifested but was not as "strong" (more like a recessive gene), giving these Pokémon a secondary Fairy Type in addition to the Type they already were classified as: Gardevoir, Azumarril, Wigglytuff, and so on.

As for the changes to the Type chart, well that could be explained by simple evolution. In real life, evolution takes places over thousands if not millions of years. But in some cases, like microorganisms, these evolutionary changes (like resistances to anti-biotics for example) can occur much more rapidly. So with Pokémon, creatures that undergo evolution at an extremely rapid rate in comparison to non-Pokémon lifeforms, the same rule may apply. This can explain why Ghost and Dark Types now do neutral damage to Steel Pokémon, as well as why Electric Pokémon cannot be Paralyzed or Grass Pokémon affected by Spores or Powders. Just like microorganisms they developed new defences and offences to adjust to their changing environment.

Anyway, that's just my view. Mind you, your view of Morphic Resonance can perfectly fit into this hypothesis as well :D
Dear Professor,

First of all, THANK YOU for this amazing fanfiction. I think your creativity, eloquence and intelligence is nothing short of brilliant. I am a huge fan of this project and I sincerely hope Pokémon hires you to turn this into a real life book! I think it's fantastic that a close friend of yours is helping you complete this project - I really hope you both don't give up on this because this is truly a work of literary art!

Unfortunately, with every new main series game there are going to be changes and additions... :( Probably no new types (thankfully) but most likely new mechanics and definitely new Mega evolutions (like Mega Pidgeot and Mega Beedrill) ... So I guess that means more editting and work but please don't let that discourage you as new games (main series) often take a long time to make and release.

Sorry for taking up so much of your time. Just thank you so much and keep up the great work ;) You are an inspiration- Your fanfic inspired me to write my own.

A faithful fan,
Sinnoh Firefly
NarutoSpardaUzumaki chapter 9 . 2/2
Good and informative so far. I liked the puns you use to reference reading material... Lol
Maronmario chapter 4 . 1/13
So even thought noibat and noivern are flying/dragon type they are treated more as a dragon/flying type? Interesting proposition.
Avian chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
Would it be hilarious to think keeping legendary pokemon like Dialga or Zapdos in our home?
Avian chapter 36 . 11/7/2015
I think you should add some more about Wigglytuff is that they were popular in Kalos as Nurse Joy's assistant.