Reviews for Spawn of Adam
Ignis Aurum Probat chapter 12 . 7/13
This was gruesome. It's hard to imagine Shinji totally obliterating that guy but I guess with his angel blood it's easily possible. Not my favorite chapter
Ignis Aurum Probat chapter 9 . 7/13
Shinji finally showing some spine. I loved how he brutalized Asuka's dad. That was pretty epic and clearly Asuka like that as well ;)
This story is great. I love how canon divergent it is with Unit 1. I'm interested in what's going to happen with Shinji and Asuka. They're gradually getting togehef
Where is the next chapter?
Anon chapter 6 . 10/21/2015
Holy OOC, batman
I'm only 7 chapters in but Shinji might as well be a different character, he's wayyyy too alpha in this. Asuka is all tsun, no dere. The whole rape and abuse thing is just cringeworthy. All the spelling mistakes, strange prose, and ALL CAPS RAGE aren't helping either. I want to like this story, and after briefly skimming through some later chapters it seems you learn to use the correct forms of your/you're and there/their/they're and have significantly less spelling mistakes, but holy shit getting to that point is going to be difficult. I know you went back and revise chapter one, I really hope if you ever have any free time you do the same for more of these early chapters.
The-Mrning-Star chapter 36 . 12/27/2014
Thank you for this story bcame across it and simply decoures the story I couldn't stop. Everything is top notch while the ending is not what I hoped I look forward to the sequel. Once agin thank uou for the story
Ciao
Western-Otaku chapter 36 . 10/31/2014
I must admit, I personally think that (it's my opinion, please don't hurt me!) the beginning of this fic had a rocky/bumpy start. I was tempted to drop this fic after the 5th chapter, but something else made me continue just to see if it got better, and around about the time when Shinji started piloting Eva Unit 01 more regularly was also when the relationship between Shinji and Asuka picked up - and subsequently so did the fic :)

This was a great story! I really liked the unique AT-Field aspect worked in here, it pretty much turned the tables. I also now finally understand the title, well actually I did much earlier, but basically I was confused what it meant or was referring to when I started reading this.

Ok, now I just gotta get this off my chest; What. The. Fuck? Why?!
*Spoilers* Asuka JUST got her memories back, and then you just HAVE to go and erase them again, and not only that but Shinji's too?! Can't you give them a break? I swear Shinji was pretty much fine throughout this fic, and I can understand the whole thing with Asuka now having a war of 2 identities in her mind if nothing is done about it, but c'mon! I may sound very cliche and I may actually have a poor taste in storytelling, but what's wrong with your typical cliche ending of the couple live happily ever after? I mean, sure it's not good if everyone does it, but when two characters have gone through hell and come back again - after all the crap they've had to endure - they kinda deserve it, much like Shinji and Asuka here in my opinion. People may not like cliches as it's overused, but nowadays everyone is making up non-cliched scenarios so much that now cliches are pretty much less common now... Ok I'm going to end this rant as I have no idea where I was going with it now... :/

Please don't take my rant to mean that I disliked your story, I actually found I quite liked it and couldn't stop reading once the story picked up :) You pretty much made Shinji a reluctant Badass, while also retaining that Shinji trait of constantly questioning himself and others, which I always found irked me a little, but I still like Shinji as a character. Overall, this was a good read that was still worth spending the time to read, even if I personally disliked the ending a little XP
Domo chapter 36 . 5/19/2014
Excuse my sincerity and I deeply apologize if I'm coming off fan crazed, but this story, it's like I've finally reached a form of enlightenment in the eva-verse world. Everything was perfect, even things that seem to add a way of conclusion to Shinji's true nature that I questioned this whole time connected, and it was beautiful. I started reading and judging whether I'd like this version of Shinji and Asuka, then suddenly all doubt evaporated as I read the story and I grew to love these characters even more. These kids though, my god. Your story is pure and dark, thoughtful, open minded, welcoming, yet contradictory, hurtful, painful, bittersweet, but it resolutes with a way to connect with everything that can be even, may I say, "canon" in any of the many eva worlds out there. Heh, I for one believe in multiple dimensions. However, I only wished to fix the small spelling and grammar mistakes that hardly ever intervened throughout the whole story as a con. Then, it'd be out of the nazi grammar judgement pool so to speak. Not like it would change any of its solid substance really. Great characterization and in-character growth, check. Emotional roller coasters and in depth thought situations, check. Strong twists and themes that totally provide that eva feel, check. I know this centralized around Shinji and Asuka, and I love it for that, yet you managed to let in glimpses of everyone else's thoughts and motives and I love it even more for that. I recommend this to everyone, and anyone, and I hope you feel proud of this story because you did amazing. I've immediately started the "Two of Us" and it's truly a gem, another ride that doesn't provide any drag but even more adventure and trip of longing! Great, but great job my friend!
100flyking chapter 36 . 1/28/2014
You sir are a fantastic writer (minus one or two grammatical errors) I do have to say that it was a bit hard to pick up at the beginning but after the 2nd chapter I was hooked. I read the two if us before this and everything makes sense now although there is a discrepancy here and there. Misato's death being one of them.

The twists were pretty darn good and that quote hit me right in the feels. RvB reference for the win.
MeldonElraenhie chapter 36 . 1/22/2014
First of all, thank you for writing this piece. I've loved it all :) Second, I don't feel like this has ended thanks to the sequel you're making so I'm still very very happy. I will begin it very soon.

I know Shinji and Asuka have to face more and new problems but, like here, like in the show, in the postmanga universe and I hope, in the new films, they will understand each other and love freely. Shinji and Asuka deserve it.

Again, thank you for your work!
Guest chapter 36 . 12/31/2013
FINALLY! I am done reading this story. Now that was a roller coaster their. I enjoyed this story and can't wait to read the sequel. Keep up the good work.
COBRASTEVE chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
I really like the first chapter. I hope Shinji will develop a little more backbone, but yes I know that is his character! Lol. Great job so far.
BloodyBlondeVamp chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
I like this new Shinji, he at least has a set of balls in this story. Even though I loved Evangelion, I always would get so pissed off over the fact that he refused to grow a fucking back bone. But I like the fact that you found some middle ground with his character. He's a much stronger character now, but he still Shinji.
RavenRose8 chapter 36 . 11/10/2013
I love this story, took me a while to finish because of school, laziness but this story is amazing and very nice take on things with it all and just about to start the sequel to this and nice quote in the last chapter there.
Unit-777 chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
I absolutely love this it is amazing. The ending made me tear up a bit but I still loved it. Im now enjoying 'two of us'. I've also read your other stories and love them too. Thanks for such a great read. :)