Reviews for Birds & Bees
Hey just to let you know i literally just read this entire fic in two days because it was just so good. Please pick it back up its such a great story and there just simply arent enough damian fanfics that are interesting and good
Diana360 chapter 31 . 12/5/2013
I was rereading Flash: rebirth and Professor Zoom says to Wally "When they get older one of your children is going to ruin your life." Are you thinking about that when writing Irey and Jai? Right now, it looks like either of their choices will hurt Wally, though Jai's struggles have already, of course. But, it would be intresting if Irey was seduced into doing Josh a few favors, like break him out of prison or something like that. Please update, I know you are busy, but just a wrap up to this story would be amazing.
ShadowMist62442 chapter 31 . 10/18/2013
I just spent the entire week reading this story. It's great, and I absolutely love it! For an idea: can we have dick and piper talk about what happened to Damian and jai? Because Damian told on story, and jai told another, and I really wanna see the caretakers argue over whom is right. :D love you!
Forgetful chapter 31 . 10/12/2013
I've forgotten my login again, but I was the girl who reviewed all the time and included citations in my reviews

I just wanted to ask if you have any plans for continuing this story. I totally understand about writers block and being busy, but I was really loving your work and you've got so much going on in this one, I hope you aren't just going to abandon it. This story is really the only reason I keep checking , so if you don't see yourself coming back to it anytime soon, I'd like to know.

I'm not trying to be pushy or mean- I know how hard real life can be (I'm recovering from emergency surgery right now, so I totally understand having things fall to the wayside unexpectedly). I just wanted to remind you that this story exists and to ask if I need to keep checking for updates.

Hope you're well!
Ninjarocker chapter 30 . 9/5/2013
Ahh! You killed Tam? The pain... why couldn't it have been Jai? It should have been him!
In all seriousness, though, I've been lurking for a while, and just wanted to express my gratitude for this masterpiece. I didn't think that I was going to like it from the description, and yet this is probably one of the best fanfictions I've ever read, period. This is just flawless..its hilarious and painfully serious all at the same time. The way you juggle the many characters and give them all a good amount of face time is literally godly. I love the way they are all flawed and broken, and no one is perfect, even senior heroes like Hal Jordan and Barry Allen, who are usually above such insanity. Just, thank you so very much for this.
Ninjarocker chapter 13 . 9/5/2013
Oh my god, poor Lian. The sheer trauma...
Guest chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Hey dont know if this is a dead fic or not to say ive read from start to finish in a day because i simply couldnt put it down. This is such a great fic definetly in the top 5 ive ever read and ive read ALOT. Please continue this i have to know what really happened with damian and jai
girlwonderrobyn chapter 31 . 8/12/2013
-cries because the story hasn't update-

Have I missed something? Are you still going to update this?
Sunny-D57 chapter 31 . 7/30/2013
I'm a person who likes to post constructive, plus I just spent the last around six hours reading this and I'm loving it. Also, I'm running on low juice and I really should be asleep- So please don't take this review in a bad way. It's basically me pointing out the things in your story that could be improved and/or are starting to bug me. I promise my next review when your next chapter comes out will be glowing with praises that I've left unsung. Or if you message me I can easily strum up a hymn about the story for you.

So first- Lian. She's such a fucking peach that everyone likes her and it's absolutely fucking annoying. Again, curses are just who I am. I'm from a sailor's family, so take no offensive. Anyways, back to Lian. God. Her character is just- boring. And a little tinged with Mary-Sue. Nothing she does is wrong. All disputes somehow get resolved around her. Everybody in the community loves her. And honest to god, I adore Lian. She's one of my favorite characters, but this is a girl who grew up with Roy fucking Harper. How the hell does she come across so tactful? I know she messes up, but seriously, her screw-ups are even too- one-sided and perfect. I don't know how to explain it, but Lian's character is boring. Half the time I found myself (particularly in the last ten chapters or so) skipping over the Lian bits because her character is losing it's appeal.

I don't know how to explain better why Lian's character comes across as flawed in perfection, but well. Making her co-leader of the Teen Titans while being the youngest and least trained (Burst doesn't count) because her social skills are better than Damian's... Then there's the fact that Roy let her be Speedy... And the fact that she switches from giggly teen to motherly hen way too easily. And she's fourteen- thirteen- I lost track of her age, but hell, half the time she's always right and the other half she's got a point and her actions were always correct. Not that they weren't not correct, but well, she's got no issues so to speak and it's just boring. Even any issues like her mom are boring. Her resurrection would be a great issue to play with, but that got glossed over.

Then there's Damian's creepy love factor for Lian. Which is really the whole point of the story. But in the beginning, it was dismissible as Lian being his first friend and the first person to open up to Damian. Now... He wants to make babies with her. I know his upbringing was unorthodox to say the least... But he's also Bruce's son, he's just discovered he's bisexual, and he's had six-eight-again the time line is foggy but that's okay because comics suck with timelines- years to grow beyond that. And asides from the no killing rule and the death threats, he's not really adjusted so to say. I get that you're trying to keep him in canon, but his fixation on Lian is weird and really out of character. I can see a big brotherly role, maybe even a romantic interest way down the line, when Lian's like seventeen, but this is really worrying. And how everyone brushes it aside like a joke is more worrying. His relationship with Jai, his reaction to Billy (not as an opponent in courting Lian- but as another aggressor to the situation) are far more interesting to read about than his relationship with Lian. Despite the whole Jai/Damian thing being absolutely messed up, I'm rooting for them over Lian and Damian. Which probably won't happen, but whatever. Or even Damian/Billy. Damian/Billy over all other pairings so far for Damian. Which might just be me hoping to get Lian out of the picture.

But seriously, Damian and Lian are weird and terrifying. Damian is a Wayne. They have screwed up relationships all across the board. He's an al Ghul, and while it's arguable they have a tendency to obsess- Talia- he's shown more Wayne-tendencies then al Ghul. His relationship with Lian is arguably more easy to relate to his infatuation with Dick which is expected as a teenager who grows attached to anyone who shows affection towards him and mistakes that affection for lust. Now as he matures as a person and socializes, hopefully he grows beyond that and develops a less horrifying and weird obsession for little girls who have just started menstruating and wearing bras. And while Jai is closer in age to Lian- he's arguably a lot older mentally and emotionally.

But now that my rant on that is over- the things I totally love. Piper. He's adorable. His relationship with Roy and Dick is really cute, and a polyamory relationship between the three is really interesting to see played out. Roy and Dick aren't my favorite pairing, but you work them well in this story, and the fact that neither loses the appealing aspects of their character so they mesh is fantastically portrayed, particularly in their struggles and even their romantic situations.

Ollie. I love him, and you get him in all his flawed aspects. He's really his own worst enemy, isn't he?

The West Family. Hands down what you've created there is fabulous. Jai's self-loathing, his downfall, his depression, combined with his sexuality and fears is like a Molotov cocktail in a daycare and the West family being the children just got a faceful of fire and ash and are burning and I love it. Then Irey and her own insecurities and falling for a Rogue with issues that could easily match her brother's, perfect. Wally's less then stellar parenting and his try-hard attitude- fabulous. Linda- not screwed up in protrayal, still bad ass and a good mom, well done writing her.

New characters. Burst (because I'm typing on a tiny iPhone screen and can't remember how to spell his name) is so cute and fragile and cuddly and I love him. He's a great addition and the fact that he ended up with Tim as a mentor instead of Kory is a great twist. And then to lose Tam, which though sad didn't bother me since I can't bring myself to like Tam much in any form but that's because I've always loved Spoiler/Stephanie/Batgirl, was a great twist again. Billy- I worried over him. I still worry about his character and his attraction to Lian, but well, he's cute, has issues and is doing a great job getting inducted. Likeable for now.

And I'm done. God this got long. Don't hate me. If you do, totally get it.
Justine Bonczek chapter 31 . 7/26/2013
Just stalked out over on AO3 and was delighted to know that you had updated FF one chapter more than you updated AO3. Please please please tell me you aren't done. I've just spent twelve hours sitting here and reading.
girlwonderrobyn chapter 31 . 7/18/2013
When are you going to update this?
Connor chapter 31 . 7/17/2013
VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT YOU ABANDONED THIS STORY! NOT ONLY WAS IT MY FAVORITE, BUT YOU WERE WRITING BASICALLY A BOOK!... SUCH A WASTE.
Guest chapter 31 . 7/2/2013
i love this fic sooo much. Best one ive rea for a while especially as i love reading about damians social awkwardness in relationships an most damian fics ive found are a bit uncharacteristic at timea but i think this captures him perfectly. Im just hoping this hasnt fallen dead anif it hasnt that there might be a bit more bruce. Just about his perspective on damian etc not too bothered bout hom relationship wise. Anyway pleeeeease update soon.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 31 . 5/20/2013
As I read this, I can't help but draw parallels between the new Titans, and the original Titans. Jai is like Roy's self-destructiveness, Damian is the Roy abrasiveness and Wally's foot-in-mouth problems he even usually means well or is trying to hide his own feelings. X'hawn reminds me a bit of some personifications of Garth. Irey is like Donna in some ways, and Wally in many others, while Lian seems to have become the socially understanding, extremely attractive character who tries to take care of her teammates and keep them from killing each other. I'm not sure about Billy, yet.
Really interesting story, I look forward to your updates when you get the chance.
-Dyslexic Nerd
Guest chapter 31 . 4/30/2013
Hi, I really love this story so far. Especially Damian and Lian, because nobody writes about them and you seem to make the new-gen of Titans so easy to connect with. I feel like you have everybody's characters down pact so well, especially Connor's and Oliver's awkward relationship, anywho I just wanted to say that I've read the whole story in one sitting and this is definitely one of my favourite fanfictions. Though Lian spitting in Damian's face in Chapter 30 I found to be uncharacteristic of her. But do update soon!