Reviews for The Home Of the Brave
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
It was . . . so touching . . . ! *crying together*
OutToGarden chapter 1 . 5/15/2014
I was only 5 when 9/11 happened, but I still have fuzzy memories of sitting in front of the TV and playing with my toys and knowing something was wrong by my parents' reactions. Now that I'm older things like this get me every time ;-; I'm proud to have grown up and become able to appreciate things like this. Really great job!
omnomnom chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Pengwens chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
This is beautiful, sad but beautiful.
Even though I am not American, every time a documentry about 9/11 comes on I start bawling my eyes out. I was really young when it happened but I still remember watching it on TV. I will always remember the date 9/11. To all those who died during the attack, rest in peace.
generalsatangod chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
I was 2 when 9/11 happened, and my brother was 7. I just realized that. I wonder if he remembers anything... Awesome story by the way! Beautiful...
Arcticmist chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
This story mad me cry. Well all stories about this day make me cry actually. I was 3 when it happened but I remember quite clearly playing with a friend who I can't name now sadly and my mom came into pick me up. My word's were "Mom it's really early, why are you here?" I think it's terrible that here I was an innocent 3 year old having fun while people burned to death but I didn't know I didn't know the full of it until years later when my mom allowed me to watch footage.

Anyhow this was written really well. I never knew about the British singing the American national anthem. Why was that never mentioned to me? I don't really know strange it is ignored.
hollowtearsofjoy chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
This was so wonderful. I too was touched when I learned that Buckingham played the Star Spangled Banner (which is actually the tune of a British drinking song XD). I was seven when it happened, but I still remember the day quite clearly due to all the drama in schools, on TV, and also my uncle died that day... of cancer (well, that's some sick irony for you). Anyways, I really enjoyed the story and will now go on to read another of yours! :)
teenbooks4eva chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
This is the kind of stories that make you cry so hard for you hurt country and the people who cwho cared enought that it gives us so much hope that we can get through it. I was practically cring the whole time.
TheOneAndOnlySuccessor chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
I don't think you know how much this story touched me... I'm litterally crying my eyes out right now... And with the 10th anniversary coming up... yeah...

This was beautiful...
Surri-chii chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
I was 2 years old when the 9-11 tragedy happened... This is really well written and this made me cry. :'( keep up the good work!
artfan chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Trumpet-Geek chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
I was 13 when 9/11 happened and I remember every detail. I always appreciated what the English did the next day to show support :)
MaximumRideFan chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Loudheart14 chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
-has a hand over heard singing quietly- I was only five when 9-11 happened. -sigh- My heart aches everytime I look at a picture of the New York skyline now. Its so different.

May God bless those who died, or lost friends/family on that tragic day.

Oh say can you see

By the dawns early light

What so proudly we hailed

At the twilights last gleaming

Whos broad stripes and bright stars

Through the perolious fight

For the ramports we watched

Were so galantly streaming

And the rockets red glare!

The bombs bursting in air!

Gave proof through the night

That our flag was still there

Oh say does that star-spanngled banner yet wave

AccountInvisible chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
They should all be remembered. Every single one of them that died on that faithful day.

I was also too young at the time to perceive what was going on. All I knew was my parents and older brother were stiff that entire day and didn't talk at all.

God Bless England for doing that for us.

And may all those dear departed souls rest in peace forevermore, because no matter if I remember or not, I will remain a proud American, regardless of my country's mistakes.

Thank you for writing such a beautiful and heartfelt piece:)