Reviews for Hong Kong Throwdown
Nice.
Eerie Iri chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Loving this.
Shiro-Kitsune8 chapter 11 . 12/26/2010
Poor Flint, had to suffer through that horrible place and with a very furious girlfriend right by his side too. I have little sympathy for Clutch though, he was probably looking like he wanted to jump a girl anyway. Snake Eyes and Tommy, complete and total thumbs up for awesome ninja skills and all around coolness :P
TVO chapter 11 . 10/23/2010
Good chapter. The Snake Eyes/Scarlett fraternization is great, but its not enough :) . I think you can go edgier even on .
Linuxgirl chapter 11 . 10/17/2010
Ah, I'm quite a happy reader here. Awesome chapter (as the rest ;-) ).

Well, well, Clutch had that coming. Though getting that from a transvestite is rather cruel ;-).

Poor Flint, he really didn't deserve to get hissy fits from Jaye. He has really tried not to do anything that would warrant that. And Clutch always trying to get him to look was really unfair. Jaye should have put him down instead of Flint, even if that guy is a stuck-up son-of-a-gun.

Love our two ninja. Snake for his sneaking around and Tommy for being the acting the badass again. Of course he still should have a reputation among Cobra, so he's practically predestined for those jobs.

I'm really glad you're back, missed your humour and writing very much. Maybe you could also update "Switching sides" sometime around (please, please, please)?

Hope to read more soon.
mossley chapter 11 . 10/17/2010
The site is now eating reviews, it seems...

Anywho, to repeat myself, great chapter! I personally would have loved to have seen more of the F/LJ fight and "apology", but I'll take what I can get. :-D

Transvestite bodyguards - funny, scary and perfect for the story.

I can't feel too sorry for Clutch, as he's probably deserved that at least once a day since hitting puberty.

Scarlett's teasing of Snakes was so cute, and she's probably the only person in the world who could get away with it.
zenbon zakura chapter 11 . 10/16/2010
hahahah lol trans?
Phoenix51 chapter 11 . 10/16/2010
Your Back, We missed you! Please keep going!
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 11 . 10/16/2010
This? Consistently awesome. I have no idea how you do it, but I'm convinced that you must have absorbed some ninjitude somewhere along the way.

Poor Clutch. But Scarlett is right; they didn't lose him in a whorehouse, which deserves some kind of commendation all by itself. And I love Scarlett's sneaky sense of humor when it comes to Snake-keeping track of the various points he's accrued, and willing to give him a freebie on something like forgetting her birthday.

Also, considering the kind of thing wolves habitually roll in, I'm glad she didn't get annoyed about the shampoo issue. Some things just need to be done.
willwrite4fics chapter 11 . 10/16/2010
Yay for Clutch getting kneed in the gonads by a transvestite bodyguard.

That should sound more strange than it does.. but anyway. Excellant. Jaye being terrifying and threatening to shoot the guy in the balls most excellant. After my week, I'm right there with her. His quick decision to go along quietly in the face of Tommy's suggestion also excellant.
Karama9 chapter 11 . 10/16/2010
Next best thing to Snake getting in trouble: Scarlett making him THINK he's in trouble. Actually, scratch that, it's not the NEXT best thing, it's even better. :D

I love the action in this story. Patterson was hilarious in a 'smart man' kind of way.
Vierge chapter 11 . 10/16/2010
I do believe you are made of a great deal of win for two things: first, getting Clutch kneed in the balls (though I do kind of feel sorry for him), and second, for making use of transvestite bodyguards. Considering how large (and believable) the transvestites of Thailand are, I think that's a particularly smart and interesting move on Patterson's part to have them as bodyguards, and a particularly clever move on yours to include them.

I had a good little giggle when you wrote about one of the bodyguards going at Storm with a hair chopstick. I've been taught to use those in arnis and kali training as one of those "if you ain't got anything else, you can use this" weapons. They're lethal things in the right hands, as Storm proved when he wrenched it out of his opponent's hand and used it on her (him?).

Now, while I do approve of heading off to Cambodia (since I suddenly have wonderful visions of the Joes doing battle in the vicinity of Angkor, with Jaye fretting about the possibility of destroying invaluable cultural artifacts), something in me worries for Snake and Storm. As you said, the memories they have from Vietnam can't be very good, and I have a feeling some of those memories will be triggered by what appears to be the possibility of a long, awful slog through the jungle.

As always, great work, and can't wait for more!
Quathis chapter 11 . 10/16/2010
Good, quick fight with a awkward twist. Clutch getting kneed in the balls is pretty poetic for how piggish the guy was acting earlier, especially when it turns out to be a tranny. Scarlett's joke was a dash mean, but given the rewards she gave him, I think he'll get over it. I laughed really hard at the part about Snake using her shampoo to wash Timber. Also liked how well they got the Cobra agent to deal and come with them, threatening ninjas are good for that. Until next time.
Vierge chapter 10 . 10/15/2010
Hurray, you live! Though given what you've been doing, I think I can understand why you couldn't get back to these stories for a long, long time. Building a house (or building anything of substantial size) takes lots and lots of time. But then again, I wasn't able to check back until recently anyway, given how insane my life has been between the last time you updated and now.

*sighs*

At any rate: Clutch, oh Clutch. One of these days he's going to find his own combat boots stuffed down his throat, courtesy of Jaye, I think. Has he had his mind-mouth filter replaced in the last few months? No? Well, I think he ought to do a replacement soon, because he's going to get into heaps and heaps of trouble unless he does so, and fast.

And I do have to say, I kind of pity Flint here. I don't blame Jaye for getting suspicious and all protective, since in an environment like Patpong even the most dedicated of significant others can go astray, given how that place is set up. Then again, I think that Jaye's just aware that Flint, no matter how loving and devoted he is, does not exactly have the same iron control over himself that Snake does. Which certainly explains why we don't hear SHANA worrying too much. Or maybe it's just that Jaye's naturally possessive.

And what you mentioned about the tassels? Totally. True. I've seen that done, and believe you me, those ladies have got some kind of unique muscle control there. Though I do have to wonder what the hell Clutch does in his spare time that he can tell fake boobs from real boobs just by looking at them, and so quickly, too. And maybe Tommy really should apply that sleeper hold; at least it'll keep Clutch out of trouble, it'll keep Flint alive a little while longer, and it'll keep Jaye from blowing the place up and causing a major international incident.

And again, you remind us just how freaking kickass these ninjas are. It's so like Tommy to disparage the pickpocket's skills, and then have both him and Snake scare him into leading a life on the straight and narrow. I wish they'd do that to all the pickpockets in Thailand; I lost a wallet to them while I was a fruit market in Bangkok, but thank God it was only a cheap wallet and I didn't have a lot of money in it.

Anyway, welcome back to the writing circuit, and wow, this was a great way to make a comeback!
113 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »