Reviews for Hong Kong Throwdown
Vierge chapter 11 . 10/16/2010
I do believe you are made of a great deal of win for two things: first, getting Clutch kneed in the balls (though I do kind of feel sorry for him), and second, for making use of transvestite bodyguards. Considering how large (and believable) the transvestites of Thailand are, I think that's a particularly smart and interesting move on Patterson's part to have them as bodyguards, and a particularly clever move on yours to include them.

I had a good little giggle when you wrote about one of the bodyguards going at Storm with a hair chopstick. I've been taught to use those in arnis and kali training as one of those "if you ain't got anything else, you can use this" weapons. They're lethal things in the right hands, as Storm proved when he wrenched it out of his opponent's hand and used it on her (him?).

Now, while I do approve of heading off to Cambodia (since I suddenly have wonderful visions of the Joes doing battle in the vicinity of Angkor, with Jaye fretting about the possibility of destroying invaluable cultural artifacts), something in me worries for Snake and Storm. As you said, the memories they have from Vietnam can't be very good, and I have a feeling some of those memories will be triggered by what appears to be the possibility of a long, awful slog through the jungle.

As always, great work, and can't wait for more!
Quathis chapter 11 . 10/16/2010
Good, quick fight with a awkward twist. Clutch getting kneed in the balls is pretty poetic for how piggish the guy was acting earlier, especially when it turns out to be a tranny. Scarlett's joke was a dash mean, but given the rewards she gave him, I think he'll get over it. I laughed really hard at the part about Snake using her shampoo to wash Timber. Also liked how well they got the Cobra agent to deal and come with them, threatening ninjas are good for that. Until next time.
Vierge chapter 10 . 10/15/2010
Hurray, you live! Though given what you've been doing, I think I can understand why you couldn't get back to these stories for a long, long time. Building a house (or building anything of substantial size) takes lots and lots of time. But then again, I wasn't able to check back until recently anyway, given how insane my life has been between the last time you updated and now.

*sighs*

At any rate: Clutch, oh Clutch. One of these days he's going to find his own combat boots stuffed down his throat, courtesy of Jaye, I think. Has he had his mind-mouth filter replaced in the last few months? No? Well, I think he ought to do a replacement soon, because he's going to get into heaps and heaps of trouble unless he does so, and fast.

And I do have to say, I kind of pity Flint here. I don't blame Jaye for getting suspicious and all protective, since in an environment like Patpong even the most dedicated of significant others can go astray, given how that place is set up. Then again, I think that Jaye's just aware that Flint, no matter how loving and devoted he is, does not exactly have the same iron control over himself that Snake does. Which certainly explains why we don't hear SHANA worrying too much. Or maybe it's just that Jaye's naturally possessive.

And what you mentioned about the tassels? Totally. True. I've seen that done, and believe you me, those ladies have got some kind of unique muscle control there. Though I do have to wonder what the hell Clutch does in his spare time that he can tell fake boobs from real boobs just by looking at them, and so quickly, too. And maybe Tommy really should apply that sleeper hold; at least it'll keep Clutch out of trouble, it'll keep Flint alive a little while longer, and it'll keep Jaye from blowing the place up and causing a major international incident.

And again, you remind us just how freaking kickass these ninjas are. It's so like Tommy to disparage the pickpocket's skills, and then have both him and Snake scare him into leading a life on the straight and narrow. I wish they'd do that to all the pickpockets in Thailand; I lost a wallet to them while I was a fruit market in Bangkok, but thank God it was only a cheap wallet and I didn't have a lot of money in it.

Anyway, welcome back to the writing circuit, and wow, this was a great way to make a comeback!
TVO chapter 10 . 10/14/2010
Awesome stuff and a lot of fun. Clutch like a kid in a candy store was awesome.

A little bit of character bashing on Lady Jaye from Storm Shadow. But it wasn't too bad because Storm Shadow was doing it and it was good natured overall and not that mean spirited. But Lady Jaye kind of deserves it for being such a territorial and overbearing wife! She's so mean to Flint sometimes. And Flint is a good guy too! But Storm Shadow asking Flint to have to choose to seppuku or having to beg for forgiveness from Lady Jaye was hilarious.
makeup addict004 chapter 10 . 10/14/2010
Loving the story! Please post more soon!
PhantomEmpress chapter 10 . 9/26/2010
This Story just keeps me giggling. I'm loving tommy and his PickPocket 101 instuction. Poor kid, needs brown pants now.

And, as a tassel twirler myself, it DOES take a lot of skill to get them going in opposit directions...
Linuxgirl chapter 10 . 9/26/2010
Uh, uh, wonder how long Clutch will survive either women, when they finally decide they have enough of his commentaries. Or how long until Flint or Tommy crack and hit him to shut him off. His survival instincts really seem to have atrophied ;-).

Love Tommy's explanation of Seppuku to Flint and volunteering to act as his second ;-).

His reaction to the second (stupid) pickpocket is also awesome. Scaring the sh** out of him while teaching him about his mistakes and chewing him out all mixed into one *rofl*.

Jaye is really cute when it comes to retaliation, but going after someone who can go from dead asleep to completely awake in under a second is really not a good idea, no matter what your motivation.

Love it, please update soon.
zenbon zakura chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
smooth
Rose Magiaca chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
I love it! can't wait for the next chapter!
Quathis chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
I got a good laugh out of Tommy's idea of rehabilitation. It does seem effective though.

Is Clutch going to get smacked by anyone? He seems to be asking for it.

Jaye and Flint's relationship makes for some good comedy while in this hive of tempting debauchery. Hopefully neither gets a reason to get angry, though that is unlikely.

Until next time.
willwrite4fics chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
"Was kidding, sir. Haha, isn't Clutch funny? Shutting up now, sir."

HAHAHAH! Clutch is so practiced at trying half-heartedly to get out of trouble. Loved it. Loved Storm's terrifying the would-be pickpocket too.

Excellant.. *rubs hands*
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
I laughed. I cried. I read it again.

First off, Clutch's commentary on the nature of the boobs available on display was laugh-out-loud funny. The details (seriously? Tassels going in opposite directions?) really made this scene-so much, in fact, that I'd kill for a longer story just involving the Joes stuck in this particular district. Tommy scaring the piss out of the pickpocket, and then taking the time to actually *lecture* him on his technique, is classically smartass Storm Shadow and grade-A ninja insanity.

Heartiest approval on all fronts, my good woman. Kudos. And believe me, I know what it's like to have a writing schedule delayed by real life . . . *eyes Short Stack*
Karama9 chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
Professional Pickpocket Training straight from a ninja. Lucky kid, even if the final advice was to just give up. It WAS good advice, after all.

Loved this chapter, Flint's a smart man: he IS doomed. Snake is lucky to date, but I still suspect Scarlett will eventually decide it's more fun to act like she's angry at him than to act completely reasonable and non jealous around all the naked girls. If he's lucky, he'll get to stay out of sight the whole time.
Rai Science chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
Aw, that was great. Good Job Tommy. Really good job.
BlazeStryker chapter 6 . 8/19/2010
If your world is the Marvel/Joe-verse seen in Lady Jaye1's *Silence*, I posit that Matt Murdock has or had the brief on Steen/Greer Syndrome in his personal possession.

I believe I may have mentioned why in my comment on the last chapter.

I love the references to previous stories of yours-you handle them all well and the stories remain independently readable, but your Joeverse is flat out exciting..

And it belongs to Ninja, they just smile at Chuck Norris one-liners like an Aussie laughing at Crocodile Dundee. (So does Chuck, I understand..)
116 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »