Reviews for Hong Kong Throwdown
TVO chapter 10 . 10/14/2010
Awesome stuff and a lot of fun. Clutch like a kid in a candy store was awesome.

A little bit of character bashing on Lady Jaye from Storm Shadow. But it wasn't too bad because Storm Shadow was doing it and it was good natured overall and not that mean spirited. But Lady Jaye kind of deserves it for being such a territorial and overbearing wife! She's so mean to Flint sometimes. And Flint is a good guy too! But Storm Shadow asking Flint to have to choose to seppuku or having to beg for forgiveness from Lady Jaye was hilarious.
makeup addict004 chapter 10 . 10/14/2010
Loving the story! Please post more soon!
PhantomEmpress chapter 10 . 9/26/2010
This Story just keeps me giggling. I'm loving tommy and his PickPocket 101 instuction. Poor kid, needs brown pants now.

And, as a tassel twirler myself, it DOES take a lot of skill to get them going in opposit directions...
Linuxgirl chapter 10 . 9/26/2010
Uh, uh, wonder how long Clutch will survive either women, when they finally decide they have enough of his commentaries. Or how long until Flint or Tommy crack and hit him to shut him off. His survival instincts really seem to have atrophied ;-).

Love Tommy's explanation of Seppuku to Flint and volunteering to act as his second ;-).

His reaction to the second (stupid) pickpocket is also awesome. Scaring the sh** out of him while teaching him about his mistakes and chewing him out all mixed into one *rofl*.

Jaye is really cute when it comes to retaliation, but going after someone who can go from dead asleep to completely awake in under a second is really not a good idea, no matter what your motivation.

Love it, please update soon.
zenbon zakura chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
smooth
Rose Magiaca chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
I love it! can't wait for the next chapter!
Quathis chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
I got a good laugh out of Tommy's idea of rehabilitation. It does seem effective though.

Is Clutch going to get smacked by anyone? He seems to be asking for it.

Jaye and Flint's relationship makes for some good comedy while in this hive of tempting debauchery. Hopefully neither gets a reason to get angry, though that is unlikely.

Until next time.
willwrite4fics chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
"Was kidding, sir. Haha, isn't Clutch funny? Shutting up now, sir."

HAHAHAH! Clutch is so practiced at trying half-heartedly to get out of trouble. Loved it. Loved Storm's terrifying the would-be pickpocket too.

Excellant.. *rubs hands*
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
I laughed. I cried. I read it again.

First off, Clutch's commentary on the nature of the boobs available on display was laugh-out-loud funny. The details (seriously? Tassels going in opposite directions?) really made this scene-so much, in fact, that I'd kill for a longer story just involving the Joes stuck in this particular district. Tommy scaring the piss out of the pickpocket, and then taking the time to actually *lecture* him on his technique, is classically smartass Storm Shadow and grade-A ninja insanity.

Heartiest approval on all fronts, my good woman. Kudos. And believe me, I know what it's like to have a writing schedule delayed by real life . . . *eyes Short Stack*
Karama9 chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
Professional Pickpocket Training straight from a ninja. Lucky kid, even if the final advice was to just give up. It WAS good advice, after all.

Loved this chapter, Flint's a smart man: he IS doomed. Snake is lucky to date, but I still suspect Scarlett will eventually decide it's more fun to act like she's angry at him than to act completely reasonable and non jealous around all the naked girls. If he's lucky, he'll get to stay out of sight the whole time.
Rai Science chapter 10 . 9/25/2010
Aw, that was great. Good Job Tommy. Really good job.
BlazeStryker chapter 6 . 8/19/2010
If your world is the Marvel/Joe-verse seen in Lady Jaye1's *Silence*, I posit that Matt Murdock has or had the brief on Steen/Greer Syndrome in his personal possession.

I believe I may have mentioned why in my comment on the last chapter.

I love the references to previous stories of yours-you handle them all well and the stories remain independently readable, but your Joeverse is flat out exciting..

And it belongs to Ninja, they just smile at Chuck Norris one-liners like an Aussie laughing at Crocodile Dundee. (So does Chuck, I understand..)
Vierge chapter 9 . 8/13/2010
Best part of this chapter? That discussion on ninja and taxes and how they pay (or don't pay) them. Me and a cousin of mine who helps audit taxes for the government as a sideline to doing audits for corporations and large companies actually had this discussion a ways back, when the live-action movie came out, and he said that it was difficult to tax people who kill other people for a living. After all, if they're THAT good at killing other people, who's to say that they won't try to kill YOU for so much as insinuating that they had to pay tax? Besides, how do you tax murder, which assassination is, essentially?

I so totally hear Tommy on the noodles. Boat noodles are fantastic, and I'll say this even though I'm not entirely fond of Thai food. I especially like the ones that use pig's blood in the soup. They remind me of a Filipino dish called dinuguan, which is kind of the same except dinuguan doesn't have noodles, and it has a different flavor spectrum compared to boat noodles.

I also cannot wait to see what happens when the Joes go to Patpong. I've seen it, and it gives its Amsterdam counterpart a run for its money, let me tell you. Going there with a significant other might not be the most comfortable thing. Then again, I suspect that's the whole point of this venture?
Faye Kinitt chapter 9 . 8/6/2010
Im so glad that you didnt forget about this fic. I always learn something in it today : what boat noodles are and all about ninja financial management.
mossley chapter 9 . 8/6/2010
I loved this! Ninja taxes - it really is an oxymoron if you think about it. Clutch and Thailand, oh they're going to have their hands full with him. I can't imagine what would leave Flint traumatized; people there recognize LJ? :-P
113 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »