Reviews for Hong Kong Throwdown
Linuxgirl chapter 9 . 8/6/2010
So short *waiiil*. Good chapter though. I'm very much hoping for the last sentence to come true. The one where you mentioned bringing the next chapter hopefully soon ;-).

Well, you gotta love Tommy for his instincts (and his morals). Clutch can be happy Snakes was out cold, I suppose he would have been a bit less friendly then Tommy. And even more scary than Scarlett (definitely, even though I suppose that woman can be rather scary if really pissed off). Although Storm's sarcastic remark about getting women should have been a really hard blow to Clutch's ego (I sure hope so).
Quathis chapter 9 . 8/6/2010
Just how unhappy will Snake be when he wakes up? Shana-mad or Tommy-mad? It is funny to see Tommy as a bit naive (doesn't happen often with ninjas, so it stands out), and I can just see him blushing and/or retching at all the stories the older ninjas told him. Laughed plenty this chapter. Until next time.
BlazeStryker chapter 9 . 8/5/2010
Patpong (and Thailand in general) are notorious for a reason.

One of the slices of real life Tom Clancy used in writing his Ryan novel *Executive Orders* involved an AIDS researcher flying to Thailand to see how grave the prospects there are.

They knew who he was and what brought him over there.

He was greeted warmly when he deplaned with the query, "You want a woman for the night?" That's when he knew Thailand was in big trouble.

AIDS aside, anything that casual can't help but scar the more moral for life.

I feel schadenfraude for Flint.
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 9 . 8/5/2010
Oh. My. Fucking. God.

First a monologue on the topic of ninja taxes. This could not be anything other than hilariously awesome. I especially liked the bit about the clans looking down on the new Japanese government, and the phrase "attempted to nail down the Oda clan for tax evasion" had me giggling in anticipation.

Then it segued into the topic of Cobra Commander's problems with hideouts, followed by the topic of ninjas and whorehouses, and the day just got better. Do you know how happy I am to see this story return? I was snickering like a fiend (probably terrifying my neighbors if the walls are as thin as I hope they're not) and glaring at the scroll bar, trying to will it not to show me how little of the chapter I had left.

And frankly, I'm on board for anything that traumatized Flint AND encourages Scarlett to traumatize Clutch. I can't wait for the next chapter!
zenbon zakura chapter 9 . 8/5/2010
lol perverted clutch good one red!
Phoenix51 chapter 9 . 8/5/2010
I can hardly wait untill the next chapter!

This is gonna be fun!
PhantomEmpress chapter 9 . 8/5/2010
om nom nom. thai food!
katdemon1895 chapter 9 . 8/5/2010
you've made me love your characterizations of storm and snake even more than before and i didn't think that was possible, and now i'm very tempted to go out and find some of these boat noodles of which you speak

i would think that just paying taxes would be cheaper than bribing the right people but whatever, poor lawyer guy, yet another recipient of the darwin award

nice chapter, looking forward to when they
willwrite4fics chapter 9 . 8/5/2010
Oh good god.. Clutch's dream come true.. it's gonna go wrong for him, isn't it? Now I want noodles too, and I've never had "boat noodles".
Karama9 chapter 9 . 8/5/2010
The Joes march on the red light district...

Absolutely nothing good can come of this. Between Flint and Snake Eyes getting smacked for the horrible crimes of having functioning eyes, and Clutch trying to disappear into every club, and Breaker encouraging him over the radio.

Did I say nothing good? I meant nothing less than very entertaining. :D

Storm Shadow passing on all the stuff he can get for free home and concentrating on the stuff he can't get, free or otherwise, seemed very smart to me.
RedLovesSnakes chapter 8 . 8/5/2010
You are by far the best author for GI Joe. In one word this story is awesome.
mossley chapter 8 . 7/5/2010
How did I miss this before? It's great! Can't wait to see where you're going with it.
Vierge chapter 8 . 7/3/2010
With ninjas, death is never an option: it is always a certainty. The only question is when death occurs.

And can I say that I had to snicker at the idea of Jaye being "gently-bred?" Highly educated, yes, but "gently-bred?" I think not. "Gently-bred" implies that Jaye knows the proper way to faint onto a chaise lounge when something dramatic happens. Well, she probably does know how to faint onto a chaise lounge with appropriate flair, but I think she'd only do it when undercover. If Jaye were being true to herself, she'd either cut through the dramatic situation with either sharp wit, or a sharp knife. Or a gun. Whichever's handier.

I also agree with Shana about sane people being boring. Some level of insanity is always much, much better: makes getting up in the morning a new experience every day. Whether it's getting up to get smashed down into the training mats by your darling, or getting up to spend the day in the archives poring over medieval documents together, mild insanity is always a great thing to bring into a relationship.

So they're headed off to Bangkok, huh? Hopefully Storm Shadow has connections there, too, or else they might have to stay in a - what did Jaye call it again? - a "cockroach trap."

And speaking of Bangkok: will they possibly be going to Patpong for whatever reason? I just think it'd be fun to see how they'd react to Bangkok's most (in)famous red light district.
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 8 . 6/29/2010
"Scared talks faster." This is the kind of statement you could base a religion around.

Do I love your work? Indubitably. Am I annoyed that I haven't reviewed this chapter sooner? Yes-one extra PT session for me. And am I willing to beg, cajole, and possibly bribe you for more? It's entirely possible. :)
Faye Kinitt chapter 8 . 6/18/2010
Im so happy to see an up date of this fic. I really love it. there is a serious lack of snake eyes and scdarlett fics at the moment

(that isn't a suttle hint , more a giant kick to the plot bunny)

any way I really like that there is some Flint/ Lady Jaye time aswell and its great to see all the different characters interact as much as they do.

cant wait to read more