Reviews for The Beast Within
Nastrandir chapter 39 . 3/28/2011
Ohh, poor Leela - her struggle with the hunger is so painful, and her inner conflict about Gann is almost as bad, poor girl. She wants to be around him and doesn't at the same time, sigh.

The atmosphere is fantastic in this one, with Leela talking the bears down, and the weirdness of the pools. You've really captured the strangeness of it, wonderfully.

Gann's little quiet moments at the end came through so well - despite all his sparky irreverence, I love seeing him in softer moments as well. He's terribly insecure underneath sometimes, and you've caught his uncertainty really well.
Guest chapter 38 . 2/21/2011
Wow!

It's been too long since I've last reviewed! Everything is great with your story! I love how you portray the characters, and your writing is very descriptive! Keep up the excellent work!
Nastrandir chapter 38 . 2/21/2011
I love just how unrelentingly nasty the uthraki are, and how everything seems just slightly *off* when Kuarra leads them up to the village. Very creepy, and the song is such a wonderful touch.

So much is simmering just under the surface - poor Gann, for being so confused and not knowing how to go about either voicing his feelings or even just getting through to her; and poor Leela, beginning to understand just how draining the hunger really is.

Great stuff, and Fluffy in action is awesome (despite the legs, hehe) :D
Nastrandir chapter 37 . 1/30/2011
Wow, I actually feel sorry for Janik *and* Gann... neglectful father blaming the confused dreamwalker.

I liked how young Anya seemed, innocent and so certain that her dreams are right, and that Gann is supporting her in the waking world as well.

There's so much under the surface in this one between the two of them, and Gann feeling the need to prove to Leela that he isn't in the wrong is so wrenching - he's all wrapped up in guilt, and doesn't know how to explain.

Very good, and somehow with Kuarra turning up just at the right time, I don't think it's going to get easy for your poor heroes any time soon...
elwisty chapter 36 . 1/19/2011
As I think I wrote before, I think you do descriptions well. e.g. the description of the monster girl, which begins the chapter.

On the other hand, I think your work would benefit from a beta or an authorial proof read in order to catch the stray typos. e.g. '...so was Leela's'

I speak as one who has made many thousands of typos over the past four years and who always forgets to proof read.
Nastrandir chapter 36 . 1/8/2011
Kuarra is very, very creepy XD I like the underlying uneasiness of being around her, even if they don't know why yet.

You've captured Leela's confusion very well - of course she needs time to figure things out, but having Gann around her so much is not going to make that easy. At least he's being patient with her, even if he quite obviously wants to talk it out.

And, hah, that ending...poor Gann, but I have to admit I smiled when I read it. I'm looking forward to how Leela handles the old flame :D
elwisty chapter 35 . 12/19/2010
I have a lot to catch up on, but I like what I've read so far. This story reminds me of the atmosphere in own playthroughs of MotB, probably because of the OC flashbacks. Always thought that most KCs would be too haunted by the past to be able to fully give in to latest adventure. You write descriptively, which I like.

I'll review more when I've read more. Thank you.
Nastrandir chapter 35 . 12/19/2010
Finally :D

The Shandra memory was lovely, sad and sweet knowing what would've happened at the Haven. I do think she and Daeghun would have gotten along together well.

The build-up was gorgeous, the atmosphere just perfect. Gann was a little gentler than I thought he would be in his seduction, but it worked beautifully. And that line, 'as if she was made of snow'...*sighs happily*.

Poor Leela, though, cursed and lost, and now feeling guilty about confusing Gann. Of course, no slightly angsty love story should run smoothly XD
Nastrandir chapter 34 . 11/26/2010
Ah, a lot of new things Leela's learning from the Wood Man. Where the hunger might come from, more about its nature.

I very much enjoyed her standing up to it - she *is* the Knight-Captain, after everything, and she was very strong here.

Kaelyn seemed to speak more in this one, and that was fun. She's always quiet, and so very strange, so it was nice to notice her searching for details.

Gann... *sighs happily* He'll be there to make sure Leela isn't alone, I'm certain :D Also I loved his very tiny moment at the end - he trusts her to control the hunger, and for a spirit shaman, that is a huge leap forward indeed.
Guest chapter 33 . 11/11/2010
Again, great chapter! :)

Poor Leela, I feel so bad for her. :(

Please hurry with the next chapter! :D
Nastrandir chapter 33 . 11/11/2010
That was a hell of a relapse, poor Leela :( I imagine she'll be beating herself up about that for a long time.

The fight scene was huge, and well-paced, and Nadaj was horribly intimidating, though I did actually feel sorry for her - what a terrible fate.

And the Hunger...*shudder*
Guest chapter 24 . 11/9/2010
Great chapter! :)

...now where's the next one? XD
cheerygirl6 chapter 32 . 11/1/2010
Wonderful chapter! :D

I've been following this story for a while now, and only just made an account. I thought it would be a good idea to leave a review to tell you how much I enjoy this story!

There's only one thing I would suggest. Before you upload the story, check for grammar and spelling mistakes, or have someone check for you. :)

Otherwise, wonderful job and please update soon! :D
Nastrandir chapter 32 . 10/29/2010
Oh, *very* well done :D

Derek and Dalenka are very bittersweet together, and I really liked how Leela used her knowledge of their relationship to prove Nadaj wrong.

And having Dalenka along for the confrontation, wonderful :D
amazing chapter 31 . 10/28/2010
Still good, as always :)

I hated the part with Dalenka and Nadaj, it was quite confusing really XD.

Keep up the good work, this is truly wonderful story to read! :D
66 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »