Reviews for The Beast Within
Nastrandir chapter 31 . 10/15/2010
I completely sympathise with everyone's confusion about Nadaj :D

Leela's sensitivity was quite painful to read, very powerful. I can see Daeghun being somewhat bewildered about that - he is distinctly someone who believes in the balance of nature.

I loved the banter in this one, teasing Gann about angry farmers is so apt. And I think your hagspawn is coming rather close to giving himself and his feelings away entirely XD
Great Chapter chapter 30 . 10/6/2010
Great chapter! I loved how you added the opportunity for the Spirit of Fire to redeem himself, despite there being no such option in the actual game. I like it when authors change the storyline, it makes it all the more interesting! ;)

Keep up the good work! I'm sorry about being anonymous, but I have no idea how to make an account. :/
Nastrandir chapter 30 . 10/6/2010
Milestone chapter XD

Very bittersweet way of dealing with the fire spirit, I liked it. Leela's still human (well, you know what I mean, heh) despite the hunger and the curse, which is very good to see. The memory was just lovely as well, and so something Daeghun would enjoy seeing in his foster child, I think.

And: 'Oooh...shiny' XD What a thorough evaluation :D
Hurry chapter 29 . 10/2/2010
I love this fanfic! It's so well written! You're a great writer! I can't wait until you get to the slumbering coven! It's my favorite part of the game :D anyway, please hurry with chapter 30!
Nastrandir chapter 29 . 9/28/2010
The ice hag made me laugh, probably far too much :D She came across kinda like the grandmother from hell.

Nice to see Gann giving helpful advice rather than just snarking, and I like how Leela has just realised that having him around in her dreams might not be all that bad XD
Nastrandir chapter 28 . 9/18/2010
A good dream indeed XD

I loved the dream-fight - it was really thunderous and frantic, and the two of them worked so well together.

Riddles from the Red Woman - if the hunger doesn't send Leela mad, the riddles will, poor genasi :D
Katie chapter 27 . 9/17/2010
I love this story! It's really pretty good! Please hurry with the next chapter! You're such a great writer! :D :D :D
Nastrandir chapter 27 . 9/7/2010
Gann the dream-stalker XD

I liked that you ended up devoting the whole chapter to this. The other older spirit-eaters at the end are suitably obnoxious in the way they play with Leela, and there's this wonderful - for want of a better word, forgive me XD - dreamy feel to the whole atmosphere.

Lovely :D
violingrl07 chapter 27 . 9/6/2010
It's always wonderful to add a story to story alert, only to find a new chapter within hours. I've just been doing my 3rd or 6th playthrough of NWN2, and I just ordered MotB ($6 on Amazon!) so I've become a bit obsessed with Forgotten Realms at the moment. And luckily, I love spoilers, so I'm not even worrying about not being surprised when I get it.

And although I've always been a KC/Bishop fan, Gann is starting to make me question my allegience...

As a side note, I read your profile and noted your name (do you usually play as a tank? With the exception of KOTOR, where I occasionally manage to play as a consular, I've always defaulted to rogues, tanking makes me nervous...), which inspired me to head on over to da. The Fangirl Camp list read like every male RPG character I have every "squee'd" to my amusement, though I'm a bit too young to have experienced BG and ID. And I don't have Awakening yet, but finishing Origins 3 times with another 10 significant starts isn't too bad, is it (I managed to average 8 hours a day the first week I had it without missing class or work...)?

Oh, goodness, now I need to go and read Ingeborg Bachmann for tomorrow morning. Auf Deutsch, oy vey. Well, this rambling epistle must come to an end, since it is currently 3:00 a.m. and I am still several answers short of a successful seminar discussion. But it's so rare that I get to enthuse about some of my nerdier, non-academic pursuits ("You should be studying, not playing games!") that it all tends to spill out.

Can't wait to play MotB now, and to suddenly have your story make that much more sense, though it's already great!
Nastrandir chapter 26 . 8/29/2010
A dreamwalker at a dreaming stone like a kid in a candy store XD

I liked that, and how he was able to offer advice and useful information, rather than just sacastic remarks. He and Leela are still dancing around each other rather nicely as well, hehe.

Leela's wonderings about the dreaming stone are really quite apt as well - who wouldn't wonder how the stone was going to work?

Lovely, and I can't wait for the ice hag later :D
Awesome chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
This story really caught my eye, especially since there are so few MOTB stories out there. :/

I love Gann in your story! I always thought he was a pretty great character! 3

Anyway, please continue writing this! You are really talented! :D
Nastrandir chapter 25 . 8/22/2010
Wyvern battle XD

The pacing was really good, really frantic. Gann still keeps noticing his fair leader, heh heh. As always, the flashback was well-timed and rather revealing, and the whole chapter is a great lead-in to the Vale. I can't wait for the hag and the dreaming stone :D
Love it chapter 25 . 8/22/2010
Your story is amazing! :D I really love how you portray the characters and I also love the memories! Please hurry with the next chapter! I can't wait!
Nastrandir chapter 24 . 8/13/2010
This was lovely :)

Gann's becoming more human, and realising what he might be feeling, Safiya and Leela's friendship is still so very strong, and very believable. And heh heh, Gann's moment with Leela turned into Gann's with Okku XD

And argh, the hunger's back, and horribly.
BlueRoseofWinter chapter 17 . 8/5/2010
Another good chapter however something that bothered me a little was the fact that you mentioned Black Garius being a vampire lord...he is a shadow reaver. However, this is minor and doesn't detract much from the chapter.

I will continue to read the rest of the chapters, as I like this story alot.
66 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »