Reviews for Charlie's Love Nest
ClassicPurpleRoses chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
This was awesome, very well written! Thanks!
a-mild-looking-sky chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Oh! What an eerie ending! I loved the dialogue in this - it felt really realistic and in character, if I remember the film! There was a great line in it, which I loved - the part about the old rocking chair, 'the one piece of furniture that didn't seem stained with sin.' So simple but it gives a perfect mood of how she feels. It's so interesting for you to write Citizen Kane fanfiction as well. I associate fanfiction with newer films mainly (unfortunately - there's so many great older films, not just mainstream ones, which deserve fanfiction!) and it's great to see the classics getting appreciation in all ways :)
zrose chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
I'm ashamed to admit that I've never watched Citzen Kane, but I think this fic is very amazing. You seem to get into her head, and her justification of her actions. I love the description of the love nest, and the irony of Mrs. Kane's firm principles. I also like the ending, and how you don't really bash it over the head of the reader, I guess she had to have been very cunning in order to stay married to someone like Kane for so long. Excellent job, this could easily have been a short story of its own.