Reviews for On the Rooftops of London
Kath chapter 32 . 11/2/2011
Oh my goodness, this story. So beautiful an so terribly heart-wrenching. My heart literally ached as I read this. You either now the series well or have done wonderful research on matching character traits I'd Newkirk's. Well done!
SpyderMonkey chapter 2 . 1/7/2011
I definitely want to keep reading to find out what he's remembering about the enchanting author of the unexpected letter; and to find out what the story is of their relationship, since the thought of her reminds him of the love he had for her. Excellently written. :)
SpyderMonkey chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
I like how they have counted the boards, done the math, and figured the number of trees used for the barracks, but I did just notice that they mentioned "everything in, too", but the math is only in the walls... but I suppose this problem is resolved by their mentioning that the number doesn't include the roof. Other than that, I like the chapter and the introduction to the show's characters that it gives.
American-Celt chapter 4 . 11/14/2010
Very good explanation of how he knew about tailoring! I often wondered where exactly the heroes picked up their various skills. -)
American-Celt chapter 3 . 11/14/2010
I like this story very much so far! You had me worrying a bit during the magic act. Even I was worrying he might impale his hand. lol.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
The best I've read. If you have anymore Newkirk ideas please keep them coming!
All-things chapter 32 . 8/22/2010
And thus, another beautiful story of love and pain comes to a close.

Congratulations on a job well done. One and almost-a-half years is a long time to be writing a 84,089 word story. As it has been said many times, patience is a virtue. I don't think I would last that long with any of my stuff. I'd be like, "You're taking to long, delete."

But, oh my word, poor Newkirk. It wasn't a very happy ending, but then every other story else has one, well almost. I like the character development and morals. How does it go? "It's not the money in itself that is bad, it's the love of money." Something like that. But I liked it very much. Good job. I give you four stars and two thumbs up.
Hokie4Hogan chapter 32 . 8/18/2010
Fabulous story! You really captured Newkirk's early years in such a believeable and sweet way. Newkirk is also my favorite character so I'm particular about him; I really love how you portrayed him in this story. One of my favorite scenes was the rooftop picnic with Stephanie - so sweet and romantic. Also the letter and necklace from Stephanie at the end was touching and sad. Write more soon - I'll miss waiting for updates from this story!
aloha94 chapter 32 . 8/17/2010
Your story was fantastic. It was so difficult to read about their beautiful romance, all the while knowing that it had to end tragically. Poor Peter. Your writing is absolutely phenomenal. I can't wait to see more stories by you.
whirlyite chapter 32 . 8/17/2010
Simply a beautiful ending! Realistic, not banal or saccharine. Well done!
Deana chapter 32 . 8/17/2010
What can I say, to explain my feelings about this story? Oh, I know:

I LOVED IT!

I'm was never a fan of romance in general, but your story had me inwardly begging for a new chapter! Everything about this story was perfect...Stephanie was created very well, not Mary-Sue-ish at all. Young Newkirk was perfect too, and their relationship was so sweet. The tragedy was so sad...I can't even imagine how Newkirk must've felt when he read that letter! Wow...you get an A for this story! Write a new one soon, please! ;)
BlueBassist chapter 32 . 8/17/2010
I can hear roaring applause as the curtain closes. This would make an amazing play! Awesome story. It was hard to keep reading after Peter's arrest though since the beginning left no hope for their relationship.:(
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 32 . 8/17/2010
What a sad and sweetly touching ending. I hope you write another story soon.
ColHogan chapter 32 . 8/17/2010
Beautiful but sad final chapter to what has been a wonderful and beautifully written story. Glad that Stephanie did regret not leaving with Newkirk that day but I believe she made the only decision she could under the circumstances and given the outcome of what happened later. Well done.
Sierra Sutherwinds chapter 32 . 8/17/2010
Shame on me, I read your story and never left a review. Well, maybe I was waiting for the end. I enjoyed it from the beginning. I think by now, every one that I've reviewed knows that I have a crush on Newkirk since I was just learning to write and read. I have to thank you for giving us such a lovely story. It fills many little details about Newkirk's life. It's amazing that for a character that only had some minutes in the scene and a few lines (witty and wise) here and there, you managed to build up such an interesting background. And it fits him very well. It's all Newkirk all those chapters. You can see where he comes from and what he accomplished before he ended up in the Stalag. The love story is nice and sweet, nothing corny or pushy. This comment must worth for something because I'm awfully possessive and usually dislike romances with the characters I love.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I loved your approach on Newkirk's life. I know it must have been energy consuming all those 32 chapters. Rest if you must, but I hope you will be back soon. I'll be looking forward to it :)