Reviews for Victory at Ostagar
Byakugan789 chapter 58 . 4/26/2016
Poor Wynne. It was bound to happen though, given that bitch at Ostagar was never silenced. Pity too you didn't allow the soldiers to crate up the broodmothers heads. They could have been removed by Grey Wardens, boxed and handed over...

I suppose from this though that the Darkspawn the Army's been fighting for the last month or two have been all from these (and probably other nearby) broodmothers while the Horde gathers elsewhere? I hope it Attacks Orlais. Though Denerim like in the Game is more likely. Considering how easily we smashed that attack with a much poorer alliance though, I can't see the Archdemon being that dumb.
Honestly it'd probably be enough for the thing to order all darkspawn to the surface wherever their nearest Deeproads entrance is and have them attack everywhere at once the world over. The one true way to win any war is to cripple your enemies economy which means taking the fight to the civilians, especially including women children farmland and production facilities. Brutal and nasty, I know, but it happens with just normal human wars and we're talking about the Legion Of Doom here.
Byakugan789 chapter 54 . 4/26/2016
I'm a little surprised the spirit didnt rebuke you for not completing the puzzle bridge. It's built like one of those trust exercises.
Byakugan789 chapter 52 . 4/25/2016
Sounds like Cauthrin will have plenty of coin to work with when she takes over this bannorn. I wonder what youre going to do with the dragons. Honestly, a dragon farm for mount, leather and bone would do absolute wonders for feralden's economy and the Warden's battle effectiveness.
Byakugan789 chapter 50 . 4/24/2016
Aww, Jowan's not going? He'd be dead useful! When the idiot captain offers you a vial of dragons blood to dump into the urn working with Jowan you could accept it and take down the false Andraste easy. Help him continue making a case for good uses of blood magic and wear down Bronwynne, Cullin and Allistair so that they don't kill Avernus.
Byakugan789 chapter 49 . 4/23/2016
If I remember awakenings correctly there was quite a lot of Highever House equipment in the Highever chantry post Howe's invasion of the place. I wonder just how long those pious fingers are going to be attached to the hands waving them when Fergus goes in to inspect?
Byakugan789 chapter 47 . 4/22/2016
Heh. Delusional to the end. Well, it seems that Cailin isn't going to Hurt Merril after all, or if he is, then it'll be post mortem with Logain's dire predictions. He's right though; just giving the Dalish land won't help, A couple of generations and someone will want it back. Better to grab a few thousand elves, have them apprenticed in every trade you can order proper craftsmen into teaching and then have them and the Dalish build a series of cities and farms in the south of Fereldan 'owning' it in a similar manner to the Tribal Council in America.
Byakugan789 chapter 46 . 4/22/2016
"Danith spoke up 'many will come, when the tevinters moved against our people we could not conceive of such malice and fled'."
...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!Heh, ah he, heheheHHEHEHEHEHAHAHAHHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHA! You stupid racist bitch, you know absolutely nothing of your own history. Your keeper even tells you of the Legends of your gods and how magic was the birthright of every elf in Arlathan and you still don't get it! BWAHAHAHA!

ANd Merrill, so precious. Hope Cailin doesn't hurt her.
Byakugan789 chapter 44 . 4/21/2016
Ah well. Yeah, Zathrian needed to die, but I would have liked to see something else happen for Witherfang. I liked her. And I REALLY would have liked to learn Zathrian's spell on my mage, blood magic or no.
Byakugan789 chapter 43 . 4/21/2016
Nice. Good to see Tara take the Arcane Warrior skills and plan to spread them. Rofl, it'd cause Havoc at the circle. As for the gold and dragon corpse, I'd suggest either telling Logain, or returning with a Wagon. Or wagon train. Levi Dryden is crazy loyal to the warden, though that's after the soldiers peak event I suppose, but either He or Bodahn could do it.

A small note. As you're not bound by game mechanics, you could have cleared the watery tunnel by having Tara turn it into a series of ice cubes and move them away from the tunnel. You do have her freeze other things an aweful lot.
Byakugan789 chapter 42 . 4/21/2016
Yeah, the wolves are about a dumb as I remember. And the Dalish more hostile. Though, you are running a human and my last run was and elf. Mah.
Byakugan789 chapter 41 . 4/21/2016
yeah, taking kids to mee the werewolves wouldn't be that good an idea anyways. Pity you're leaving Jowan there too, he could learn from the horseshit with the werewolves. If the way the keeper made Witherfang could grant immortality to any mage, heh, I can imagine many many apostates custom tailoring themselves nice powerful familiars. not to mention the battlemage training you could gather from that phylactery.
Byakugan789 chapter 39 . 4/20/2016
I get the feeling here that you REALLY didn''t like DA2. Hawke you've made a flatscan(rogue or warrior?) and DIDN'T put him in the army as in canon, and made him a poncy little shit as well. Carver as well, though he was already a whiny little jerk. Pity you didn't make him a mage. I played through as a rogue and a mage just to see what either sibling was like and as much as carver and bethany had the same plotpoints I liked her alot better than Carver, but I liked playing a mage significantly better than the DA2 rogue. Didn't particularly make sense why you couldn't have chosen which sibling died in the orgre attack with choices other than your class either, so meh.

I hope Cailin doesn't hurt Merril though, She's my favorite DA2 character and I don't think she'd handle his usem and losem policy very well.

Nice to see Vaughn die. Pity you didn't have Adaia grow a little and use the magic bombs to fight her way out. Either from the Bann's friends or the darspawn, i wouldn't have cared which.
Byakugan789 chapter 38 . 4/20/2016
Nice. Very nice. I've wondered for much of your story about Thomas Howe though, I could easily be misremembering, but wasn't he missing presumed dead in the game?
Byakugan789 chapter 37 . 4/20/2016
Wow. That family meeting went well...rofl. at least scout didn't kill her. It'd have been a good thing, but the politics involved...GG. Although! that would be a good source of stone for her dragon-lances.
Byakugan789 chapter 36 . 4/20/2016
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! DIE ERLINA DIE!
5,301 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »