Reviews for Victory at Ostagar
Byakugan789 chapter 15 . 4/15/2016
Huh. Pity about Conner. I suppose you killed him in your playthrough too? I saved the brat, learned blood magic and then killed the desire demon. What a traitorous snake I am. Did the same at soldiers peak, had Dryden close the portal for me and then killed her for Avernus service and research.
Byakugan789 chapter 14 . 4/15/2016
Bwahahaha, that last bit with Logain was hilarious. Nice to see the Mages liberation coming early too, and without too much BS or aggrandizing as is usually 't imagine Cailin and Logain being very pleasent to Conner though, finding out he's an abomination. Still the same Desire demon I suppose?
Byakugan789 chapter 13 . 4/14/2016
Ah, so many stories about the clever undervalued son. If you listened to storytellers you'd think the world had a derth of them.
Byakugan789 chapter 12 . 4/14/2016
SWEET! ANDERS! And Surana...Ah well, I'd have preferred Amel, but w/e, happy you saved them regardless.
Well too late, I know, but I'd also put forth to keep an eye out for a talented Creation Tree mage. They'd be hella useful on a battlefield, logistics division or even on a far. The elves used them to create the Halla and Varterral monsters, the Keeper spells in Awakenings are stated to be an extension of it, creating and controling plant based magics while the player character can create healing plants, massive globs of burning oil and venomous insect swarms with the tree. Seriously, it has the potential to bring industrial scale farming to Thedas without too much trouble.
Byakugan789 chapter 11 . 4/14/2016
Just as stories (and especially how people react to them) can tell you alot about a person or country, So can the development of a sport. Quidditch for example. The division between the team and the seekers. They're used to having special snowflakes around in every generation who make the efforts of the common man irrelevant and while they are cheered and raised high, it's also OK to target them collectively and viciously when things aren't going your way.
Byakugan789 chapter 10 . 4/14/2016
Nice to see the warden pull the civi's heads out of their buts rather than simply take care of all of their problems. Always annoyed me how that worked in games. Why I like EVE
Byakugan789 chapter 9 . 4/14/2016
Princess stabity stab is actually a pretty apt description of leliana. OOooh, pretty colors is more Meryl from DA2 (though given her clan is supposed to be refugees from Ferelden, perhaps we'll see her too?)
Byakugan789 chapter 8 . 4/14/2016
huh. gona lose Leliana and Sten? Well, I guess Leli makes sense, since you seem very anti orlesian. I liked Sten because he was the giant monster fond of cookies, blunt to a fault, and I enjoyed poking at his beliefs about mages.
Byakugan789 chapter 6 . 4/13/2016
Pity. Nice chapter, but it always annoys me to see the other potential HoFs die if they're not the MC as with bio wares stance on the subject. Among other arguments, Duncan was supposed to have taken a rout circling the country regardless of who the player character is, so why couldn't several of the have joined us, in the game or in fanfiction?

Sorry.

Regardless, it's really interesting reading all of the little details you put in here about...well everything.
Byakugan789 chapter 5 . 2/7/2016
Oh no. Calin you fisking idiot. Every line about you is more depressing a king than the last. It does fit the canon comments though, certainly.

I'm curious though, other than the constant need to hunt and fight (particularly darkspawn) how does being a warden make one unmarriageable? I know they're not 'supposed' to hold offices outside the wardens after joining, but the anderfels they rule pretty much outright, Your warden HoF (or Alistair) runs Amaranthine after the blight, Alistair might be king, There were Wardens in Celene's court, on and on...so the no holding office is not only flexable but there's nothing specifically against them marrying.

And Alistair himself is proof that wardens can have kids.
Byakugan789 chapter 4 . 2/7/2016
Very nice send off.
Byakugan789 chapter 3 . 2/7/2016
Nice. You do quite a good job at capturing the personalities involved, IMO. And I'm loving that you're not only changing shit, but seeing those changes follow themselves through. Again, I'm sad you didn't go with mage origin, but that might have been a bother with the Logain scene here. Looking forward to your shenanigins at the tower. And since it seems you'll be dealing with Uldred here, His problem with pride can either be revealed, or pre-empted taking care of that whole broken tower nonsense, meaning you'll have upwards of 300 mages to work with instead of the 12 you get in the battle of denerim.

Cheating the rite of conscription too could solve the problem of all the mages you end up fighting throughout the game. Funny how there seem to be more Mage OUTSIDE the tower than in it throughout the first three games (I include awakening) and how few of them are abominations or maleficar.
GlenCoco911 chapter 1 . 2/3/2016
Really a amazing story I've read it a few times over the past few years and it still captivates me. Very si testing characters and I love all the drama you added in.
Byakugan789 chapter 1 . 2/3/2016
Nice. It'd doomed for change right out of the gate! Always refreshing to see. And nice characterizations too. My only lament is that you don't seem to have chosen either of the mage heroes, although, your story description suggests that might come later...
Guest chapter 128 . 1/26/2016
You should write a new post script.

Here's an example on how it should go:

And then everybody died when Solas woke up. Without the Inquisition to stop him, the Dread Wolf destroyed the Veil unleashing Chaos on everybody. The end
5,302 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »