Reviews for Victory at Ostagar
Manslug chapter 128 . 2/13/2022
May you Rest In Peace, Lady Arsinoe de Blassenville. You wrote well & are & will be remembered well
The Feisty Rogue chapter 14 . 12/20/2021
I am aware that I put 500k plus when in reality your story has over a million words! Even more exciting!
The Feisty Rogue chapter 7 . 12/20/2021
Wow! What an excellent start to this story. I’m so excited to know there’s 500k of this waiting for me!
KnocturneWitch chapter 124 . 6/28/2021
I cried so much in this amazing chapter
haystack51 chapter 78 . 6/27/2021
I'm so sorry to hear the author passed away.. I know it's been half a decade, but I've read almost everything they've written and had no idea. RIP, Arsinoe.
KnocturneWitch chapter 35 . 5/25/2021
oh. oh, oh oh! so good. yes!
KnocturneWitch chapter 27 . 5/24/2021
This is just the best story that I never knew I needed. Thank you! achievement unlocked- a deck of wardens
havoc396 chapter 1 . 2/10/2021
ah Loghain apologists, I hate Loghain, in his bid for power he let the army die in the middle of a crisis, true blight or not he hamstrung his own country, and it was in fact a bid for power Eamon and the Howe betrayal happened before Ostagar and was orchestrated by Loghain
The DCG chapter 28 . 9/24/2020
So much wounderfull world building going on.
The DCG chapter 15 . 9/23/2020
I know there's no one to get these reviews now. But this is a very powerful chapter and I just love the writing you've done.

Thank you.
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 57 . 9/9/2020
"What girl did not think about a wedding?" Me. Im one of those girls that dont and never will think about it.
Guest chapter 117 . 8/14/2020
Like many others I've really enjoyed this fanfic a ton, and I'm maybe 10 chapters away from the end now. Since I can't say anything that would add to what others have said praising the piece, I'll leave two critiques:

1) There should be better "content warnings" on various chapters. I wouldn't have mentioned this if there wasn't a content warning for a chapter where a servant is stabbed on-scene then beaten off-scene - but then no content warning for chapters describing people boiled alive or hung drawn and quartered? Just saying...

2) The excellence of the fic partly comes from the author's very obvious enjoyment of the parts of European history which inspired Dragon Age, especially the 1600s, and her ability to point to issues with the "canon" writing while staying faithful to the canon world. Unfortunately it seems that the author ignores the very real issues with how Gaider decided to depict the Qunari as the racialized European "Islamic-Communist-Fascist" Tolkien-inspired "big dark-skinned scary bad people". The author shows us repeatedly how the Chantry brook no "heretics", are happy to slaughter the elves and mages, and sincerely believe that they must carry out an imperial mission to spread their religion across the world. The author allows main heroic characters like Leliana to describe others as "savages" quite frequently. However, all the author's notes about the Qunari depict them as somehow uniquely horrible for believing and doing the exact same things as the Chantry. "Oh no the Qunari forcibly convert other people and refer to them as things not people!" I think this might be because the author is reading the Qunari through an interpretation of them as "fascist" or Nazi - as opposed to more critically looking at Gaider's own nasty words on the Qunari or thinking more deeply about the history of "orc" races in Western fantasy. I personally would have enjoyed a more critical take on the Qunari and the Kossith, specifically I would have liked to have seen pushback against the idea that "all are forcibly converted to the Qun" since this type of thing has been heavily critiqued as historically unfeasible for the kind of medieval society that the author is describing.
Prince of Petersburg chapter 128 . 7/31/2020
It is overall an amazing story, just a bit too long. I like it nevertheless but it’s rather tiresome to read. Hope you could write something more in the future!
Prince of Petersburg chapter 7 . 7/29/2020
Fuck, I know the circumstances of the story is different but to see Eamon die like this without doing anything at all is just a damn shame!
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 90 . 5/28/2020
Interesting viewpoint to realise that from Loghain's perspective the Grey Wardens effectively are 'a foreign military order', i.e. one not under Fereldan royal control, whose ultimate authority is nominally abroad, and whose membership isn't necessarily Fereldan either. They happen to be under Bronwyn's command for now, but there's absolutely no guarantee their next commander will necessarily be favourably disposed...
5,301 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »