Reviews for Victory at Ostagar
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 89 . 5/28/2020
I knew I liked Duke Prosper! Kane, on the other hand, is coming across as practically thick-witted - he doesn't understand about anything outside his previous experience, or care about anything he doesn't understand.
Muirin has genuine faith and courage (and practical resourcefulness as well, when it comes to considerations of playing for time).
The shield spell seems wildly overpowered - presumably it has *some* weak points?
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 88 . 5/28/2020
I did like Duke Prosper in this.

And Zevran remembering belatedly that actually he *does* have a dagger in his pocket to undermine the double entendre...
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 87 . 5/24/2020
I like Loghain's ideas of restful, relaxing images to send one off to sleep!

I gather that whatever the Horde are up to *isn't* canon - the perils of fandom-blindness - so literally nobody has any idea what might be going on...
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 7 . 5/2/2020
So Final Girl Theory is just a another version of a Female Protagonist right? Though Bronwyn cant really be considered a Final Girl seeing that Morrigan is with them. Along with Leliana and (as we later find out) some of the other potential Warden characters, being a female, to be recruited. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE female protagonists, especially when male protagonists have had WAY too much spotlight time, but ya still get my confusion?
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 83 . 4/27/2020
I did wonder as I read it by what right Anora's descendants by a second marriage would have any claim on the throne (not that it stopped Henry Tudor making a play for the crown after his ancestor impregnated the Dowager Queen!), so I wasn't surprised to see her excluded shortly afterwards. But it hadn't dawned on me that she would promptly be back in the line of inheritance simply by marrying Fergus.
It has, of course, occurred to Loghain...

I love the idea of having Alistair acknowledged as an official 'Fitzroy', which would after all be the mediaeval way of dealing with his existence. And I like Loghain's thoughts turning to Maric at the moment of finding himself on Maric's throne; what, after all, would his friend have thought of an ironic outcome neither of them had ever envisaged?

Kane seems to have completely taken the measure of Habren all right. He is reminding me of Louis Mazzini in "Kind Hearts and Coronets", but I'm not sure he's as sympathetic!
Krav chapter 128 . 4/18/2020
What a journey. What a masterpiece. I enjoyed all of this so muhh, it's helped me deal with having to stay in quarantine so well. I'm so grateful to have found this on somebody's favorites list. Due to the description I almost didn't click it, since I really wasn't a fan of Loghain. So glad I did. I have no words to really describe how amazing this tale was, how fully well-built and well thought out. I'm sorry to have finished it, but all good things come to an end.
Krav chapter 127 . 4/18/2020
Both endings are satisfying, and that last one - oh so interesting. I'd like so many more tales of what that Brangaine gets up to
Krav chapter 125 . 4/18/2020
Oh my gosh I love it all so much, I'd even accept this ending, for all the people that die its realistic and charming and oh how I loved this story
Krav chapter 124 . 4/18/2020
Wow, now I understand what you meant about two endings. I REALLY didn't expect that death, at the end of everything
Krav chapter 123 . 4/18/2020
May Astrid and her giant ambition rot, holy heck. I could feel there'd be trouble when she started going off without orderd to thaigs and such, but to disregard a straight command. Gah.
Kind of a shame about Velanna, I wanted Leopold and her both to survive and run away together, just for the amusement of the situation.
Krav chapter 119 . 4/17/2020
Wow - you really, REALLY did not like Tallis, huh?
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 78 . 4/18/2020
The thing *ate her hand off*? Ouch...
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 77 . 4/18/2020
I didn't even realise it was possible to desert from the Wardens once you'd been through the ritual of joining. There's a bit more to it than a uniform tunic, as our two absentees may be about to discover...
Krav chapter 103 . 4/14/2020
I KNEW it! I KNEW they'd pop up in Orlais!
I doubted it at first, since I didn't think the Archdemon's pride would let it leave Ostagar without crushing it thoroughly, but retreat is certainly a valid tactic.
I.. really didn't expect it to be Val Royeaux though. Or for it to interrupt such a climactic start of a war. Wow they deserved it thou- well. No one deserves that horror. But WOW w're they asking for it.
I kinda expected it to mostly just pop up somewhere in the country and ravage through the countryside slowly, with the Orlesians changing their focus to fighting it, and perhaps the Fereldans would do so as well. Y'know, kinda like the original start to the blight. NOPE.
Krav chapter 96 . 4/12/2020
I hypothesized earlier that the Archdemon was going to wake and taint another old god; that'd be a true horror, and now not certain why they had never done so in the beginning. Rivalry? Pride in themselves preventing them from seeking aid and sharing command? But there's been no further hints along this vein of thought. I had thought with the smirks the Archdemon left in Bronwyn's dreams that it had something truly sinister up it's sleeves and I'm so curious as to what it could be. Since the wardens haven't felt nearly anything in all Fereldan, it really seems like they all went west. And now they might all break ground in the west and begin anew. Which means.. are they going to pop up in Orlais? That would simplify Fereldan's problems a bit, now wouldn't it?
I wonder if the Archdemon would really be content to do this, however, based on how Bronwyn interpreted her dreams early on in the story it seems like the dragon would be heavily offended and confused at being beaten back as such. Did they truly go underground merely to winter in the deep roads? It had seemed so much more malignant than that.
Really excited to see how this goes!
5,301 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »