Reviews for Victory at Ostagar
10 of 10
Pteaset chapter 1 . 9/8/2018
Good start
PinaPoe chapter 128 . 8/31/2018
what a tremendous pleasure it was to read this. Thank You!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/2/2018
Bloody Hell, a million words. Well there goes my free time :)
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 34 . 4/16/2018
Oof, that was an exhausting battle!

I thought the callow and over-eager Carver had been killed off at one point, which would have been an ironic development (especially given the 100% success rate of the Joining rituals so far), but apparently Bronwyn's crew have all been preserved for posterity - very handy having a magical healer or two on the team...
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 32 . 4/9/2018
I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed that Cailan is apparently going to be the villain in this, after the originality of having a plotline where the King actually survives instead of everyone fighting to put their own candidates on the vacant throne :-(
Asdsd chapter 128 . 3/27/2018
Really liked your story :)
ziwi chapter 128 . 3/16/2018
I am completely amazed by this story. You, good sir, managed to take a game and make it feel like a living world. So many Dragon Age/Mass Effect stories are basically just retelling the game with a bit of a twist, but your story doesn't feel like fanfiction, it feels like a book that i wouldn't mind bying. One of my favorite stories on this website.
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 29 . 3/10/2018
Of course Alistair would have known all those at Redcliffe, poor chap; the story strikes a lot closer to home for him...
He seems to be doing all right at being a leader so far :-)

I like the little detail about Bronwyn being afraid to lean against a tree in case it offends the Dalish religion somehow :-p
And her ambivalent feelings about the Dalish; they basically occupy the 'gypsy' slot in this world's society, and the landowning classes aren't likely by default to look upon them with great favour.

("Our God refuses to acknowledge your worship until you have converted everyone in the world to his religion" is a wonderful rationalization for the absence of tangible divine existence ;-p)

Hmm, have we had *any* failed Joinings so far? The success rate seems to be very high...

An interesting set of contrasting perspectives in this chapter: elf/human, human/elf and Dalish/city elf.
The DCG chapter 14 . 2/21/2018
I think i see where you are going with this.

And it's awesome.
The DCG chapter 5 . 2/21/2018
"Wait unthil Anora heard about this"

... pfttt Ahahahahha!

Ohmy that just to good,
The DCG chapter 2 . 2/21/2018
Holy fuck. This is what i needed, this right here is healing old wounds from dragon age.

You have no idea how badly i wanted her to be doing this in game..

sure your a warden now.. but fucking shit lady. There's a large state's worth of people depending on you.
KyliaQuilor chapter 18 . 2/14/2018
The Couslands were *not* plotting against Ferelden, and Howe made up the entire notion of a plot with the Orlesians, because Howe is a power hungry man who felt he deserved more just because. And unfortunately, one look at the real world proves that that *is* sufficient justification for many people who do awful things. Wanting more stuff because you feel you deserve it is not 'haha I'm evil', it's the basis for at least 50% of the wars fought in human history, if not more, depending on how one looks at it.

And Loghain can be as correct as he wants about a handful of letters and still be a murderous, treacherous monster who nearly doomed all of Ferelden to death because of his idiocy and paranoia. His sins may be lesser in this AU, but killing Eamon was still murder and it was absolutely unneeded murder - there were better ways to secure his power base that didn't involve killing Eamon. Not to mention securing his power base is a purely selfish endeavor that serves no greater good. What is good for Loghain does not automatically become good for Ferelden, whatever he may think.

And again, while I appreciate my little rant here, and the last one, may not make this clear (and you may not even like receiving them) but I do enjoy the writing of the story itself, and apart from her incomprehensible crush on Loghain, I do like Bronwyn as a character. I don't hate-read, so if I wasn't fundamentally enjoying the fic, I wouldn't have gotten to chapter 18.
KyliaQuilor chapter 7 . 2/14/2018
Yes, let's totally let Loghain get away with murder. Because Eamon is *soooooooo* terrible.

And here I thought this fic was supposed to be rehabilitating this guy, since you went with the interpretation that he would have joined the battle had the signal fires been lit at the right time (or so it reads to me).

The anti-Loghain/pro-Eamon complaints aside, this is a well written and enjoyable fic so far.
5,302 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »