Reviews for Like Sand, Through an Hourglass
Tutups chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Hi I love this fic and it's actually started me off on something similar but Ima write a multichapter, as an author that's the highest praise I can give :D

I only have one issue, the official Cause of Death "ICBM"? ICBM's are itercontinental ballistic missiles and I pray no terrorist anywhere has these. They're a throwover from the cold war that the USA and USSR were both developing at one point as part of the arms race. That was what the Cuban missile crisis 1963 was, the things the USSR wanted to put in Cuba were ICBM's cos they could potenially hit US targets with them. The same with US missiles in Turkey or more recently why there was a kerfuffle over missiles in Poland a few years ago.

Anyway I'm a ALevel history student (UK) that's how I know that and I think you meant to put IED (improvised explosive device) but it just struck me as I was reading so I thought I'd check *shrug*

Anyway great story, it's a real inspiration and If you don't mind may I cite it as such in the AN of the first chapter of the fic I'm writing? I'm bascially just borrowing the premise for why Dean joins up in the first place; I've been wanting to do a military fic for ages and never had a reason to justify Dean leaving the hunt before, this really struck me as the justification I've been looking for. I won't post until I hear from you whether you mind me taking that idea and running with it or not.

So here's hoping to hear from you soon, PM me please ASAP, all the best I've read some of your other stuff too and you're an amazing author,

Tutups x
samgirl19 chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
this is really good and it also has me worried for my cousin i saw him during thanskgiving and he said that he was being deployed to afghanistan im really worried for him and honestly when he told us that i ran to him and cried in his arms so did his mom and my mom we are all scared of what might happen plus she has another son who joined the army but he isnt being deployed anywhere yet
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
I enjoyed this story. I am a fan of stories where is shows Dean's potential to do things outside of hunting, him making choices for himself..okay granted he ended up hunting things but still...I guess the only thing that would make Sam and John get together would be the loss of Dean...good job
cold kagome chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
omg... it awesome.. is there g2g to be more.. ?
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
I like your AU - Dean deciding to join the service after 911 and than leaving the Impala to Sam. With all of Dean's talents, I could see him being recruited for special ops, but love that he was still a hunter.

You did a nice job with John having him settle in one place so Dean could find him when he came home from war. It was a sad moment when John's fear came true and the car pulled up to deliver the news of Dean's death.

Great ending, Dean made it back home and found his brother and father together to greet him.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

I enjoyed reading it.
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
Wow, awesome story!

I couldn't believe it! Dean continue hunting, even during the war. They have this in their blood though.

I'm so glad Dean's not dead. :)
snchills chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
Loved it. I can totally see Dean doing that. Winchesters...they take a licking and keep on ticking.