Reviews for Old Past, Old Times, and the Old Days
pachysam chapter 14 . 4/15/2010
Tee-hee-hee.

Sid's third encounter with the bear cracked me up, as did the possum's bear-prank.

I also liked how the nice humans offered protection to the possums from the hawk, and how Manfred complimented Sam on her knowledge.

Here are some ideas:

1. Sid can accidently start a bison-stampede.

2. They can see a bald eagle.

3. Sid can get even with the black bear... only to anger a grizzly bear by waking it up from a nap. Sam can even play dead to fool the bear, and the bear can be scared by the and mammoths who are bigger than him. After all, bears would most likely to fall before pachyderms and big dinosaurs than felines.

4. They can see a moose.

5. They can meet lumberjacks.
pachysam chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
Nice chapter.

Funny how Clover called Zeke a nerd.

Nice how the friends reacted to hearing about the reunion.

I hope they remember to include information of how a mammoth got it if the necklace got to the museum.

I wonder what mischief that bear might get up to... and what fun the characters will have.
pachysam chapter 11 . 4/8/2010
Aw. How sweet.

I like Manfred. He's quite a noble mammoth. I agree that his bravest act was facing Rudy to protect his family, even though Suchomimuses are dangerous dinosaurs.
PhantomReptile chapter 11 . 4/8/2010
Great job on the story so far.

Loved the part with Sid and Java. Keep up with the story.
Ice Age Fan 1 Forever chapter 11 . 4/8/2010
Can't wait for the next chapter. Update soon.
pachysam chapter 10 . 4/4/2010
Aw. Such a sweet chapter.

Nice how everyone loves Manfred.

Here are some good ideas:

(hearing about Manfred saving Diego, despite having the chance to run away)

Ellie: Oh, Manny. You're too noble for your own good.

Manfred: Well, I couldn't just leave him.

Ellie: I know. Mammoth-nature... saving friends and family.

(Peaches would say anything about Roshan walking)
Professor Jumbo chapter 9 . 4/3/2010
Great stories you wrote about the Ice Age characters surviving into the future and joining up with humans.

Here are good ideas for sequels:

1. One in which they all find a remote island where dodos still exist and fight to earn their trust while battling evil hunters.

2. One that involves helping elephants and other rare beasts against poachers in the African Rift-Valley.

3. One in which they join forces with the Street Sharks to battle Doctor Piranoid and his Seaviates.
pachysam chapter 9 . 4/2/2010
It was priceless how Peaches and the -kids was amused at Sid and Diego's hilarious antics.

Interesting when Sam told Manfred that Stonehenge lasted very long.

It was also funny how the others reacted to Manfred using a big snowball on Sid.

Here are some good ideas:

Sid: The antelopes looked like this.

(he draws a picture of big-horned deer)

Manfred: They're Megaloceroses.

Sam: They are also known as Irish elks since a large number of their remains were found in Irish bogs... though they were actually related to fallow deer.

(you can reveal whether or not they survived)

Ellie: Something tells me Manny's kindness softened you up.

Diego: Well... yeah.

Alex: He learned to walk. Aw.

Martin: That Zeke was so stupid.

Diego: Yeah. I knew he couldn't control himself.

Diego: That Lenny happened to be a scimitar-toothed cat.

Sam: A cousin that mainly fed on mammoths and mastodons. Oh, sorry.

Manny: No prob.

(you can reveal whether they survived)

Buck: Amazing how such a great people like the Neanderthals were capable of gratitude to the 'inferior'.

Manfred: I admit. I was surprised. His father didn't kill any of us, even though we were not of his kind. He was grateful to us for saving his son.
pachysam chapter 8 . 3/29/2010
Alex's reaction to the Tae Kwon Dodos was priceless.

Interesting revelation about dire wolves being among the survivors.
pachysam chapter 7 . 3/28/2010
Tee-hee-hee.

Funny that Alex thought Dodos cute.

Here are some ideas:

Martin: Three melons? They must be crazy.

Diego: I assumed it was dire wolves in the bushes. Those canines are old rivals of my kind.
Professor Darwin chapter 6 . 3/26/2010
Please, explain what episode it was when the humans met the prehistoric creatures in the lost worlds like Mesozoic-Domain. I can't seem to find out.

Alex: Dodos?

Manfred: Yes. Odd. They were a bit too far from the jungle.

Sam: Dodos died out in Mauritus when humans invaded in the 16th and 17th centuries. Some dodos were hunted... while the pigs, monkeys, dogs and rats ate their eggs.

(you can reveal whether or not the dodos were among the 'extinct' survivors)

Diana: Something tells me that spendind time with Manfred softened you up.

Diego: Yes.

Sam: Makes sense. Mammoths are benevolent animals like most other elephants.

Alex: You must've been cross with Diego.

Manfred: Yes. I felt that he'd betrayed my trust.
pachysam chapter 6 . 3/24/2010
Funny how they reacted to Manfred and Sid's tale.

Here are some ideas:

Manfred: I wished I'd never picked Sid as poop-checker.

Manfred: Those dodos were crazy chickens.

Sam: Pigeons actually.

Manfred: I was cross. Sid had taken him and worried me sick... only to find him using him to get glory.

Ellie: I knew it. You liked him. You didn't even slap him for pulling nose-hairs off.

Manfred: Slapping babies is mean... even humans.
pachysam chapter 5 . 3/23/2010
Great chapter.

Interesting how much Sam knows about prehistoric animals... even Homo erectus. Shocking how woolly mammoths were the last mammoths on Earth.

Nice of Alex to offer scolding Frank and Carl if they survived the Ice-Age.

It would be funny if they met Scrat and his family, if the Possums got a brown bear mad, and if Sid accidently caused a bison-stampede.
Master Magnus chapter 4 . 3/23/2010
Here are some good ideas:

Clover: After a thousand years in ice...

Sam: Twenty thousand.

Clover: Anyways, you sure have a good memory.

Manfred: A mammoth never forgets.

Alex: I thought it was 'an elephant never forgets'.

Manfred: Same thing. But mammoths were the biggest in our parts. Besides, the elephants you must be thinking of are from the Southern Lands.

Sam: Yeah, like Africa and Southern Asia.

Alex: Makes sense. But I thought mammoths were the ancestors of elephants.

Manfred: Cousins, actually.

Sam: The first mammoths co-existed with their cousins in Africa before they took seperate evolutionary paths. Our friends here are descended from early mammoths that migrated to colder lands in Europe, Russia and North America. A perfect example of evolution.

Alex: Wow. And what were we descended from?

Sam: Apes.

Clover: EWW!

Ellie: Makes sense... especially why you have fingers and toes like monkeys and apes.

(seeing a bald eagle or a peregrine falcon)

Buck: Hard to imagine dinosaurs becoming birds.

Sid: RUN! STAMPEDE!

Clover: Buffaloes!

Sam: These ones are bison, the buffaloes of Europe and North America!
Doctor Brain chapter 4 . 3/21/2010
Here are some ideas:

Sam: You helped a Neanderthal.

Manfred: Yes.

Buck: I thought it was a human.

Sam: There were two species of humans... Neanderhals and Cro-Magnons. Neanderthals were stockier and shorter with big noses to cool off, since sweat freezes in cold places. Cro-Magnons are us.

Buck: What became of the Neanderthals?

Sam: Extinct. They were clever, yet their minds aren't as open to imagination as ours were.

Alex: Pity. I wish I could meet the human you helped.

Manfred: So do I.

The team can either keep it secret for Manfred or show it to museum-people.
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »