Reviews for Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Reinbeau chapter 13 . 7/1
A COUPLE OF WEEKS! I don't know that my poor fingernails can hold on to the edge of this cliff that long!

Waiting with baited breath.
Momatu chapter 13 . 6/30
Hey there!

Before I review, let me comment on your comments. Hear, hear! While all readers, of course, have the right to their own opinions of a story, they do not have the right to dump negative opinions on the author. Margaret Thatcher once said, "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." I think flames are a lot like that-if you have to say you aren't flaming, you are. Of course, not every review is going to be glowing. That would be both unrealistic and unproductive, because like you said, constructive criticism is helpful. Even politely offered negative reviews can help us improve. However, if someone has to say they aren't meaning to flame, they've crossed the line, and even they know it. Rather than ignoring them, my favorite way to handle reviews that cross the line into flames is to respond thanking them for their opinion, then pick apart their review-every spelling and grammar mistake, every misused word, poor sentence structure, run on sentence, etc.-then remind them if they aren't happy with the story, they can always take their receipt back to the store and ask for their money back, and end with a nice little, "no offense intended." Most often, I only get to do it mentally because most reviews that cross that line far enough to deserve it are anonymous. My favorite negative review was for "I remain, Yours" and was a simple "Well, that was boring as fuck." IrY was a 50 chapter, 350,000 word story, and this review was on chapter 50. I wanted to ask the reviewer why on earth she'd read such a long story she didn't like so badly my teeth ached, but it was an anonymous review and posted long after the story was completed.

Now, on to the review. Yay! Campfire! I was so hoping there'd be a campfire scene similar to the one Bella got in Eclipse. Kind of like history repeating itself. I particularly liked the way you had Seth and Jacob remind Charlie of Harry and Billy, once upon a time, and his lamentation that his two friends were both gone.

Is Emily's being pregnant part of what's really wrong with Leah? Sam did say she'd had a rough two months, didn't he? And he said she's hurting and doesn't know how to handle it.

I liked how you had the pack acknowledge how hard telling their story to Charlie was, but then at the end, Jacob told Charlie that yes, Bella's death had been faked, she was alive, and she was probably on her way right then in just a few short, clipped sentences. Just kind of blurted it out and then ran off.

We still haven't gotten the "V" word, but Leah did let slip the "L" word, which is almost just as good. Is Charlie going to put two and two together and remember that the Cullens never went out in the sun?

Looking forward to the next chapter-but remember, real life comes first and this is a hobby you do for fun, so don't let yourself feel pressured to put too much on your plate. Enjoy Disney! If there's time, I really recommend doing the character dinners. They are the perfect way to get the kids' pictures with the characters and get their autographs. I think the dinners are better than the breakfasts, just because you're there longer. The character dinner at the Contemporary is particularly good, because the restaurant's windows overlook Cinderella's castle, and if you are able to plan it right and are there at the right time, you can see the fireworks.
csp4 chapter 13 . 6/30
Even tho I think, under normal circumstances, Charlie is way too young to have a heart attack, this seems as good a time as any to have one::)) Damn!
twiclare chapter 13 . 6/30
Charlie is definitely grasping the idea that there is something incredibly powerful and dangerous out there. Can't wait for the next chapter, but for goodness sake take all the time you need with your family and other things in your life. We're all lucky that you want to share your work with us!
Vanell chapter 13 . 6/30
Holy moly! Not sure which was more stressful. The drawn out chapter or some of the reviews, lol. Another nail biting chapter, loving it though.
bettononalice2 chapter 13 . 6/30
Can we get a drum roll please...native style... Leah called it... Ya got to give it to the girl...

You all can sit out here and dig your own fucking graves... lets not forget to and play twenty questions; Wolf Edition!... With no plan in place while the fucking leeches come on our land, in our faces...

Well Jacob did come clean about the wolves. Now that the (nomads?) are here he decides to stated Bella is alive and the Cullen's did fake her death. That was nothing new Charlie already had that information.

Who could that be now?... the women with the sweetest voice... who are we dealing with? Jacob said something about it not being random, and has made reference to the Italians, is this possibly Jane, Heidi, or Chelsea, Demetri, maybe Felix. Volturi or other unknowns, surely it's not Victoria ?

Now its run Charlie run...

Are Cullen's to arrive during the attach on the reservation while Charlie is watching out through the window. Can you see Charlie's face while he watches his daughter and the Cullen's kickass. Will Bella shield them? Maybe having Little Alice flying through the air to pull a head off one vampire, while Jasper dismembers it by tearing off limbs adding the pieces to bon fire.

I would say that would be a wakeup call. If he didn't have a heart attack running scared the first time, he might survive having a stroke now. Is this more or less of your plan to tell Charlie without having to say it out loud. Or are they going to have the courage and buck up and tell him the truth. Then maybe Charlie will have a choice be turned or live on the reservation permanently, once the rules are explained. Who knows that sweet voice may start his transition for them.

To be honest, I had to read this chapter twice. I was so furious after the first read, just literally pissed. You just gave us a half a loaf, when your promised a full loaf the last 2 chapters. Then to get to the end of this chapter and realize we would have to wait for the other half, possible 5 to 6 weeks later.

I was seeing red for the first time, I was speechless, which for me that is unheard of, so much I couldn't review then. After the second read, I just convinced myself you split the chapter for some reason, then said screw it, with need to express myself. By no mean is this a flame. It's a very big SIGH, with heavy disappointment. I just didn't anticipate to see such a large and looming cliff for an ending, that was totally unexpected.

As a fan when you see an update from a story that speaks to you, you can't help yourself from getting excited and SCREAMING YES ! cause ya know what's coming. Maybe now you can understand how I felt about, and needed to vent. Respectfully.

I'm very sorry if in any way this offends you. Please don't be. I feel your storytelling is excellent, your talent and writing skills are outstanding. Your work speaks for it's self. I do appreciate the time and effort you put into this just to share with us.

Please excuse my inner child for having a tantrum.

With Highest Regards
Cathy
JaelSarjenka chapter 13 . 6/30
Charlie's response to having the blindfold ( that I think he was pretty much peeking through anyway) pulled down was pretty spot on. His reaction to knowing was both taking it well, and having just the right level of struggling to believe. The inner thoughts he was having pulled me in. It was totally believable. Too bad there wasn't time for him to react emotionally to hearing the news about Bella. What a way to find out! The terroristic type of vamps show up. Night and day from the Cullens.
I hope Bella shows up in time to help save her dad. It would be all kinds of crazy if he saw her actually fighting the evil kind after suspecting she wasn't really dead. Seeing the changes in her in such a demonstrative way would test the limits of his sanity, I'm sure. Also, he might have a better understanding of why she had to fake her death and leave now that she is so drastically different.
Thank you for writing. Loving it!
qhrciskrpc chapter 13 . 6/30
Evil cliffhanger...

(And you promised revelations this chapter...)
sherryola chapter 13 . 6/30
Oh my, that's one hell of a cliffie! Will the pack survive? Will Charlie and those left behind be okay? Will the Cullens arrive in the middle and help save the day? In a way, I could feel Charlie's frustration, because he didn't get all the story,a nd I'm so eager for him to learn everything. And to understand why Bella faked her death, that she was trying to protect him. The suspense is glorious. You are doing such an amazing job, building it up, letting it grow and make us want to jump inside your head to know the plans! lol. I was nervous the whole chapter, would he arrive safely, would he get the whole story, and so on. Wonderful chqapter! So well done. Oh, and I like that Leah is still so very Leah. You really keep them all in character. it's gonna be a long wait, but I do hope you have a great time in Disney.
qhrciskrpc chapter 2 . 6/30
Corny, I know it. But such fun to push the review numbers over milestones.
qhrciskrpc chapter 1 . 6/30
300
MusetteBlanchard chapter 13 . 6/30
My gosh that's the slowest burn in the history of slow burns! LOL
Oh dear me ... 'they' don't respect any treaty do 'they'?
Holly moses! C'mon, c'mon! End of July? Beg of August? *faints*
Amazing chapter Horizon, again, congratulations are in order.
Thank you for this wonderful, amazing, brilliant ooc view of the saga.
"I can't hardly wait for the next chapter" Truer words have never been said! *winks*
qhrciskrpc chapter 7 . 6/30