Reviews for Soldier's Heart
sasunaru13 chapter 1 . 7/18
your writing is amazing as always! i really want to read your version when ivan is the one in civil war!
Moo chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
AWWW I LOVE THISSSSSS
kurichan729 chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
ive never been a fan of russame stories, but this really impressed me. I like that you kept the relationship cute and friendly (and platonic). I never really knew that the US and russia used to be so friendly during the civil war, and its nice to see this side of both Russia and America's characters. Great job!
EpikalStorms chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Oh my... that is adorable. So adorable, Ohmigosh... I feel all warm an fuzzy inside... *huggles* More of these, plz? *squee*
FoRkFaCe chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Dude!You are amazing!I wish there was more!I loved your story!So did ALL of my friends.I love your story!
NothingButTrouble chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
I really liked your exposition at the beginning. And every little RusAme indicator moment, from "The cold must have been turning his cheeks pink, and for a brief moment America thought that was strange" onward, I just highlighted the line and reread it and giggled to myself. And the scene where Russia was petting America's hair reminded me of the scene in the TKAM movie with Scout and Boo Radley and the sleeping Jem where she says, "You can pet him if you like." It was really sweet and adorable. (It'll be really embarrassing if you haven't seen the movie- it was sweet in the book, but the movie just made the whole class laugh at that scene.)

I like how you showed the Civil War, instead of creating a Confederacy-tan like so many are apt to do. And both Russia and America were so cute and...

I can't even think of the right words. It was great the first read-through, but when I went back and re-read it and caught all of the adorable little details...

Anyways, job well done. I can't stop smiling.
Rennasakura chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
thing like this were not mention/being important in normal fic,a sad thing (although there were more Cold War in almost every fic but then again, it's the biggest magnet for this couple after all)

Beautifully written and thank you :) ( even if this was done a long time ago )
AccountInvisible chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
I cannot help but commend you on your knowledge of the Civil War. I find this subject to be immensely fascinating, and when someone knows their facts like you do, I enjoy it. You have no idea how annoyed I get when someone doesn't even know their own country's history... -_-

Good job, though. I didn't know Russia did that for us, either. Hmmm... Something tells me I'll be doing some research in the morning :)

Good job with the story! I absolutely loved it!
smoking caramels chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Oh wow, this was so wonderfully written. I never knew that little historical fact about Russia, that was interesting! It puts an interesting spin on 'what-ifs' and the like.
SexySpectrum chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
WOW.

AWESOMESAUCE. OMG

CANT SPEAK.

LOVE YOU
Artemis1000 chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
What a wonderful story! There was so much emotion, not to forget heartwarming cuteness without being sappy. I love the little awkward moments between them and America's sudden desire to share his own secret, the locked room, with Russia.

To learn that Russians had been the first to trest war stress and America's symptoms were based on an actual PTSD from the Civil War just added to the awesome. It's also the first I heard about the involvement of the European nations in the Civil War - I bet I won't forget again thanks to you!
Charlotte chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
What an excellent story! I especially liked that you went out of your way to explain the historical background at the end.
SilverBlueGrey chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Holy crap, YOU wrote this! I found this on deviantart weeks ago and was just babbling incoherently to myself about how awesome it was. So yeah, I'm going to stalk you on deviantart now too. :3
OrianPrime92 chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
nnnnngh... POOR AMERICA! TT
devotedtodreams chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
Wow... this was amazing. Truly beautifully written from the beginning till the end. And in addition to the delightful story itself, I did learn something from your notes at the end. It makes me wish we hadn't just skimmed over American history in school... :( (Not to mention that we were taught a load of nonsense, like that America knew that Pearl Harbor would happen and that Americans are unable to teach themselves how to write... yeah, our History teacher was Anti-American. I hated her with a passion.)

Poor Alfred... good thing Ivan was there for him! The fluff... ah, wonderful fluff! It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I swear that while I was reading, I'd see mini-movies of certain scenes in my mind...

That was a really interesting take on why Russia always wears his scarf, by the way. I'm open for any takes on that, but it's always nice to encounter a (for me) new explanation.

So yeah... bottom line: I loved every single line of this and will gladly add this to my favorites. Thanks for the entertaining, heart-warming read! :)