Reviews for Admission
anlemi chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
OK, by now I just adore your ability to write the complexity that is the relationship of Hotch and Emily.
0909090 chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Just found this under your profile. how did it escape? but better late than never.

Anyways, this is very and truly beautiful. Once again, i loved storied from Hotch's POV. he is by far the most complex character i've watched and most enjoyable.

Thomas Gibson is such a versatile actor that it was interesting to see this side of his acting!

thank you for posting this story! truly enjoyed it! and so, so close to canon.

Julia
angry penguin chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Nice. Very, very nice. Can almost see their friendship, (somewhat) into something more in the near future.
lovelymissalice chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
Too little words to explain how fantastic this one-shot was! Obviously loved and enjoyed this! :P
Black Tulip chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
This was beautifully written and very true to form. Nicely done.
anthropologist chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
Loved everything about this. The dialogue was incredible and I liked the setting and the good descriptions. :) Nice job!
Didi171 chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
Excellent story! I really like it.

You should write more of them. :)
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
I do love it when my enabling brings about the WIN like this. I'll have to do it more often!

I think you did a superb job with the characterizations. Hotch's inner thoughts about the case and about his team seemed spot on. Especially his wanting to stop the egg-shell walking that he and Prentiss seem to do most of the time.

"The last three victims bore an uncanny resemblance to three women I couldn't imagine my job without" - this caught me because reading between the lines, I saw job" "life" so it was the three women he couldn't imaging his life without. Which made it just a little more profound. And the subtlety of this was awesome.

I also love the rarest glimpses of flirt under Hotch's teasing about her "wild side". It would be so wonderful to see this play out in an episode.

Bravo! I shall enable more bunnies to come play with you for H/P!
firsttimereviewer chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
really really good story. captured the essence of hotch and emily perfectly. kinda different twist/feel to the story compared than the rest of h/p stories out there. please keep continue to write more h/p stories and i'll be faithfully reading them.
Jess chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
What a great story. It felt completley within what the canon characters might actualy feel and say...and as we all know sometimes alcohol can be a welcome break to verbal inhibitions. Hope to read more h/p from you!
celticgina chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
I think you write them very well. You have a real talent for dialogue. It felt real. Of course, the hopeless romantic in me would love to see this conversation continue horizontally...just sayin...

You should write more of them
between the waves chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
I really love your Hotch characterization. He knows and loves his team despite/because of their different personalities and ways of dealing with things. (Hotch'd learned over the years that Garcia was capable of many, many things. He tried not to think about it most of the time.) That gave me a bit of a chuckle and was reminiscent of the "remind me to have her drug tested" line. ;D

His thoughts on how Emily fits into the team are spot on, imo. Every now and then it does seem like she's not entirely sure she's part of the team, it's never anything concrete I can put my finger on, more of a general feeling. I like that Hotch knows that but still isn't completely sure how to address it.

They're very alike, so it makes sense to me that maybe they'd be able to let go- at least a little- with each other, and you got that here really well. From Hotch's teasing to Emily's not!subtle checking up on him and the talk they had after that- it's them, a little awkward sometimes but ultimately they just work.

(But she still looked sad. And he was so sick of his team looking sad. They'd all been looking like that lately, but especially her. Each passing case seemed to be hitting her harder and harder, and he was tired of ever-so-slightly-broken-Prentiss. He wanted to see her happy. Or at least give her a taste of the feeling her almost too candid comments sometimes gave him.)

That's probably one of my very favorite lines. Their job is vital but definitely not easy. Seeing that it does wear them down sometimes only makes this more realistic, and all the better when they get an ending like this one. Yeah, the case sucked, but at the end they weren't drinking alone. Sometimes that's just about all you can ask for.

...Then again, the pretending they weren't flirting a little at the end helped too, lol.

Yeesh. I can't remember the last time I left a review that long. Shutting up now. xD