Reviews for In the Garden
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
Spot on. Hermione would have to be away from him for a decent length of time before they could properly interact as equals, never mind have a relationship of equals. I love that despite his disapproval, Minerva wants Severus to be happy more than anything - I think perhaps she might be a bit of a romantic here, whereas he is much more practical.
Mavennica chapter 1 . 11/11/2014
Given that you posted this story in 2010, it's unfortunately unlikely that you'll add more to it (though if you have a sequel stashed away somewhere, I would be much obliged if you'd point me to it). I have always maintained that JKR should have let Severus survive the Shack and eventually meet up with Hermione; she already showed a penchant for oddly-aged couples (Tonks/Lupin).
Diosa Luna chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
The Duchess of Telmar chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Very believable dialogue, definitely brought up important points for an HGSS romance. Lots of subtext, which I loved.

Great read!
RedBrunja chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
This was very good. Frankly, I'm more intrigued by Minerva's love life than Snape, though!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
And since Minerva came up there, probably to lecture him on his total unsuitability for the girl, it does seem rather hypocritical to go after him for behaving the way he is supposed to.

It seems she went of there with the idea of bullying him no matter what he and Hermione planned to do-if they were going to be a couple, she could excoriate him for that. But since it seems he is going to behave properly, she can then tell him what a fool he is for that instead. It must be so nice to be Minerva and able to act and judge as God all the time.

As ever, Snape can't win. He should leave the prison so quaintly entitled Hogwarts-that is, if the requirements of his parole allow him to.
M chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
If you can queeze hte time, kindly continue this story...interesting premise. Remarkably introspective dialogue.
Valmarien chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
That was great. The characterisations are spot on, as are the issues raised. The garden asides underpin the dialogue very well, too.

If there is a companion piece to this story, I hope we will get Hermione's point of view. At the end of the day, love for Hermione - and I think both Minerva and Severus in your story think highly of her, albeit in totally different ways - must include leaving her free of her choices and respecting them. For all his wisdom and clearsightedness, this is something Severus has got to learn. I hope he gets a chance to do so.
pthgrl chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Well, I honestly have trouble envisioning Snape doing gardening... blasting weeds with his wand yes, but otherwise

The Snape I see would also not keep at that conversation as long as he does here... he would have tried to end the conversation with Minerva much sooner. But I see how you needed him and her to say all that they did.

All together a wonderful story, well thought out, not sentimental... really great. Thanks.
Vesica chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
I always enjoy the depth and maturity of your writing this does not disappoint. I do wonder if Severus is correct in his fears about the situation, but right or not, his point of view is compelling.

Lovely scene, as always.
Blackraven4400 chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
I hope that you will continue you this I was interesting to read I would like to find out what will happen next. update when you can.
indianpipe chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
I for one love he's got Minerva's number and I love how he feigns his lack of emotion about the situation but takes the violence out on his perfectly spelled plant species. Hermione is moping and not eating for two months? this is not good...Snape needs to intervene...I think Hermione is strong enough to retain her personality.
purplerebecca chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
That was completely gorgeous.
MistEternal chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
This was excellent. I love that Snape's reasons were so much more real than what we usually see in fanfiction. He doesn't just say, "I'll ruin her because... (I'm too old, too broken, etc.)" He says she'll build his life around him. And it is so true. I don't know many people who would recognize that fact as a bad thing and it's refreshing to see this Snape's perspective.

Cheers! :)
tearsofphoenix chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
Original and very well written story, as ever.

Yes, he would be that difficult, you are right.

But Hermione can be stubborn, and able to forgive and to wait.

I hope you'll continue this, as you seem inclined to do if I understand your note rightly, and perhaps he'll be proved to be wrong... if Hermione's faithfulness will be more convincing than Minerva's heartsore speeches (great job with her, too, bitter end included)