Reviews for Whatever Remains
Kehlen chapter 3 . 9/14/2013
Absolutely awesome.
Darkwood Princess chapter 3 . 4/3/2013
I'm glad I'm not the only one who like the episode, "The Empath". Great story!
Paragrin chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
I'm fairly sure Doyle refutes this in the scene where Watson first meets Holmes. (He's working on something that reacts to hemoglobin and pricks his finger to get a drop of blood.
Book girl fan chapter 3 . 11/5/2012
I love your odd geekiness! It's always nice to know there is someone out there geekier than I am. I only ever got interested in Star Trek because I know you write it, and I love your Sherlock Holmes stories. I kind of figured if you write it, it must be good, so I gave it a go. This, this is brilliant, if odd.
Cristalake chapter 3 . 10/5/2012
I LOVE YOU! You have successfully combined Start Trek, my great love, with Sherlock Holmes, my current obsession. Have Joy-flavored cyber cupcakes with ecstatic flailing covered frosting!
Mister D8a chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Read the whole story. Truly fascinating /:-)
Looking forward to reading more.

James
Esther Kirkland chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
So, though most of my Trek-knowlege comes from season three of ST:NG (the only set I've been able to get my grubby mits on) I love this to extremes. Though there's not a whole lote of actual plot in it, the character building is superb-you blend the two 'verses seemlessly, and one can very easily envision all of this. Nerdy, yes, but improbable? Not at all. :)
Agent ERA chapter 3 . 2/16/2012
I loved this! I think it would be cool if you could perhaps write a ST fic where Spock discovers Holmes alive but dying. Now that would be fun to read. :)
passioninprose chapter 3 . 4/29/2011
This is a truly lovely AU!

I'm not familiar with Star Trek-verse, excluding what I know through simply being a nerd (although I did take the time to look up what an Empath was before I read the story, haha), but in spite of this handicap I really enjoyed this story. You've tied the two universes in such a way that they really do mesh well together - the only question I was left with was why Watson is what he is if he seems to be the only one of his kind - since he is not aware how he came about being an Empath, how did that come about?

But. I would not be surprised if the answer to that was in some later (or earlier) story of yours which I simply have not read yet. I was nudged over here from your Speckled Band AU, after all.

Anyway, great story, great AU. I look forward to reading more of its kind.
reflekshun chapter 2 . 4/28/2011
I do like this'verse. Thank you very much for sharing.
dwelian chapter 3 . 3/26/2011
I enjoyed this! Although I have to admit I'm surprised everyone assumes Spock meant Holmes was a *Vulcan* ancestor. My personal theory is he was one of Amanda Grayson's ancestors, which might explain how her mind and though processes would lead to her compatibility with Sarek. After all, Holmes would find Vulcans utterly fascinating, and feel a sort of kinship with them; I imagine any of his children would do the same! I really like the idea of Watson being an empath as well.

I'm gleefully inhaling your Star Trek stories; it's such a *relief* to find non-slash gen-fic that gets Kirk and Spock right! Thank you for sharing your vision with us!
Illaine Waterhouse chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
Well, you're not the only geek out here! Though I tend to read whatever I find that's LotR, dragonology or cryptozoology(The Jersey Devil is one of my favourites, don't ask me why), I'm also a Sherlockian(I've read The Hound of Baskerville and quite a lot of stories here on FF) and slightly Trekkie(though I know next to nothing about Star Trek)

Anyway, I love this AU! Please continue writing from this?
ShiftingWinds125 chapter 3 . 6/27/2010
It's to bad they had to bob Holmes's ears. I think he would look really cool with pointed ears! :) I love Vulcans! This was really good! I loved it!
Lerry Hazel chapter 3 . 6/23/2010
Now that’s absolutely charming; and surprisingly convincing!

And I’d say it would also be fascinating, should “normal” human Holmes one day have to actually deduce his friend possesses such illogical sort of special gift – not just obtain the information from some 23rd century specialist;-)

Though I’m probably thinking too loudly :-P
Carriewhowasreading chapter 3 . 5/26/2010
LOVE THESE TWO STORIES! Again, I thank you for the gift of friendship, loyalty, and all the finest traits of humanity.

ST:TOS has an extensive universe in book form. As someone whose physiology prohibits taking of many modern medications, Including all forms of antidepressants and synthetic opiates, I have had to rely on my mental abilities to overcome. The ST:TOS books offered not only a place of refuge, but included a hope for humanity. You my dear,have served this tradition well! God-bless & keep you and yours
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »