Reviews for A Voice in the Wind
jburk40 chapter 40 . 8/24
This fic is by far one of the best ones I've read on this site. And I've read a lot. You know what you want to do, how you want to do it, and the best way to convey it to the reader. While this fic has some grammatical issues and spelling errors (those are to be expected in FanFiction) they don't take away from the greatness of this fic.

I look forward to the next chapter.
Soprana chapter 40 . 7/28
I just did a re-read of this whole fic. I'm still blown away by how well you've written it and all the little easter eggs at the end of the chapters. I'm always wondering what you are going to slide in there next! It's also pretty fun to read that sneak peak and wonder how everything plays out to get there!
jongur chapter 40 . 7/22
Great story! Hoping for an update soon :D
mschanyeol chapter 28 . 6/9
Omg I'm crying! Poor Naruto!
mschanyeol chapter 26 . 6/8
Omg loved this sneak preview! Can't wait till Naruto returns to Konoha!
mschanyeol chapter 23 . 6/6
Omg that necklace scene though! I wonder when he'll let Sakura see his real appearance!
mschanyeol chapter 21 . 6/6
This chapter was perfect, just as it is called! Loved it!
mschanyeol chapter 17 . 6/6
YASSSSSS! Finally Naruto & Sakura meet again! Yay!
mschanyeol chapter 13 . 6/6
Loved this illusion chapter!
mschanyeol chapter 7 . 6/5
This story is so good so far that I've been reading non-stop! It is so well written and amazing! So happy I've found a great NaruSaku story (they're my OTP in Naruto tbh, and have been since I first started watching the show back in 2007) So thanks for writing this and I can't wait to keep on reading! :)
SSG Schaefer chapter 40 . 5/27
I love your stories. You are now my favorite author on this site, but you have now left me with the two best narusaku stories hanging with Sakura in a relationship with someone else and Naruto in a bad place. I think I might hate you a little bit. Can't wait to see what you do next with this and Shattered Bonds. I am a bit annoyed that 400k words in and you haven't even made it through the first info you gave in the discription of your story. I hope you keep writing.
Nochapter chapter 40 . 5/8
Yet another great fanfic that ends up being discontinued FFS. Literally all the good writers are dealing with depression...
AcerVentus672 chapter 40 . 3/27
I have to say that thank you for this fic. To be honest, we are a far way from completion but this has got to be one of my top 10 fics ever. It is on par with Catsy's Fairy Dance of Death (SAO) with the level of character development, world building, action and of course satisfying romance. I have to be honest and say that I am a diehard NaruHina fan and it almost makes me feel bad/guilty when I start considering other pairings for Naruto because of how good that couple is and how they fit together. However, I always, always love best friends-to-lovers storylines and NaruSaku always had that potential but a dearth of fics. Years ago I stumbled across this fic and was utterly delighted. This is NS that I will support no matter what. Then I come across this again and I see that it has been updated but I put it on the back burner since I lost context. I don't blame you for your slow update time or anything, but there was friction I had to overcome :/.

Recently I was looking into Sakura-oriented/NS fics (SS just doesn't appeal to me because canon version doesn't do much for me; NS at least have an awesome friendship and bond) and then I remembered this. Your Sakura is so good and so lovable and so awesome. This has literally everything I could have ever wanted and I wish I put in comments (new habit I just picked up in the last 6 mo) first time around but no time like the present! Hopefully something will be useful to you from my rambling :). I adore this version of Sakura because of her resilience, adaptability, innocent optimism (almost Manga!Naruto) and general badassery. She takes shit from no one haha. I liked that you had her pick up medical ninjutsu early on and the circumstances that forced her hand. Now she is a force to be reckoned with. Sasuke seems to have matured as well LOL but I do feel pangs when I realize the seamlessness with Sai of Canon!Team 7 and the juggernaut they are (typically more in fanfic anyways). But they seem to have shifted to a two-man cell so potential! :)

On future plot points, I hate angst but I love angst. I think I am a masochist. Your special future chapter was quite interesting to read with the context of what was happening in the end of the current fic. You don't have to share or confirm anything if you don't want to of course. Essentially Naruto joins Sakura and he knows who she is but not vice versa. There seems to be an incident between them that sours their relationship. I find it interesting that the point you made of Sakura observing small mannerisms and not physical features to link NaruSo seems to not have come into effect, at least to the extent of realizing who he was yet. This Naruto is different tremendously from Akatsuki!Naruto that we are building up to right now. This implies there is at least a second transformation between now and then which interesting. Of course there is the possibility of him being a spy for Akatsuki but it feels they don't know he was part of that organization, or naiveté because he was someone they lost or calculated affability because I would imagine Kakashi and Tsunade are juggernauts in their own right and smarter than what is given credit to them. Who knows? Also go crazy with juggernaut battles please :D. Current actions scenes are phenomenal and I can't wait to see worldbreaker level. On a tangent, I can't wait for Pein and Naruto moments. I just loved their dynamics in the anime and while I don't think they will become buddy buddy in this fic, I think Naruto (unless if Katsuro dying meant the nice side of him that appeals to the captain and Sakura also dies/suppressed completely at that point) would understand him well in contrast to Itachi. Also the last chapter, mate if what I said in the parentheses was true, and judging by chapter notes, I probably am, then you really bludgeoned us in the head with that metaphor LOL. But I LOVE it anyway :D. It was well executed for sure.

Sasuke is definitely more interesting in fic and I really like his portrayal as a PTSD patient getting past it and connecting with Sakura to regain more "normal" functions. Can't say I like the burgeoning relationship... bleaches eyes/memory... JK I can appreciate its value in character development and such. I am curious if or when their relationship shifts to a more sibling/team-oriented because it doesn't feel like they were a couple in the future chapter. Namely their interaction over Naruto always being near her.

Anyhow, on my theory of me being a masochist, I actually kind of like the angst and how Katsuro and Sakura's betrayals shape each other. They certainly not going down the most healthy of paths with Katsuro compounding the death of his team and Captain to never wanting to get hurt again and Sakura abandoning the healing profession for the time being for something more violent. So despite this 'angst' (it is not like you are waxing poetry or something over their grief in the betrayal hahaha) I am curious to see how they diverge since they are no longer the two kids looking in awe at the panels at the old temple. Their reunion seems so far away with their and I just realize we won't get a cold Katsuro/Sakura Meeting... which means no potential (non-explicit version) of angry sex... :P since she will be familiar with Naruto. Though I suppose that is a good thing... IDK. Kudos for you to managing these kinds of issues well with a well-structured plan and story. Anyhow, I don't look forward to possibilities like Naruto infiltrating Konoha as an Akatsuki agent and the fallout of that, including Sakura's disappointment etc and that will be painful T-T. But I will stick it out nonetheless!

(Kyuubi/Naruto alliance/friendship a possibility?) The ending was insane with the supposed death of Katsuro. He most likely didn't die but either substitutes with Naruto or there is an elaborate genjutsu. However, it doesn't seem as simple as one would think and we could have two Narutos running around for all we know because who knows what Itachi wants. However, Kyuubi getting ripped out of Katsuro is significant. But we will know next chapter! I love the little author notes. It feels novel to me and definitely useful in transitioning from the implicit to the explicit for evens in your story. Keep up the good work! May the muse be with you.
Igornerd chapter 40 . 3/9
A friend recommended this to me, and I'm enjoying it beyond words. I couldn't stop reading.
The last chapters have really been a punch in the guts, I just hope things will get better and that Naruto will realize that they're LYING to him!
D:
Halfrican18 chapter 40 . 3/1
so glad, this story hasn't been one and Drifting by AlphaDelta1001 are, in my opinion the top two Naruto fics. including length, style, and overall amazingly well written.
1,413 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »