Reviews for Esme's New Moon
reve2weaver chapter 1 . 6/2
i quite prefer your version... great storytelling in the key of canon: thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/30/2015
No offense but I don't think u captured esme's feelings very well... For one, I don't think she will say words like dammit also texting 2 instead of to? I just can't see it. Also I don't think Esme would have stayed behind to hear Edwards breakup with Bella
But your plot was very good n on the whole it was enjoyable especially the first night after the party
Sparkly1 chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
Holy crow... Will my leaky eye never end? :')
my-thyme chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
Sitting here sobbing, so much emotion in this short little story. Thank you for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Wow, I really loved this, I can imagine how hard it was to write, but I really appreciated seeing this through Esme's eyes. Wonderfully done! :)

Cassandra :)
Oceanus365 chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I had a difficult time reading New Moon, it is heartbreaking! I could feel the difference in my mood throughought the book! I also often wondered what Carlisle and Esme had to say about abandoning Bella! Thank you for writing this!
hollyhalebnichorelloregelolove chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
You captured her emotions perfectly down pat!
lizzie chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
so amazing! please write more!
Wants2BeACullen chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Loved it!
SLKerouac chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
After getting this story from the Vampies. I really like the view that you took on Esme. It brings more to the orginal story. How other members of the family felt about Edward's decision. From the orginal story I felt that this connection between Bella and Edward was the same as the wolf's imprinting.

Esme was very preceptive of all of the feelings and what was going to happen to all because of actions taken by all the family members. What a added point of view. Thank you for this short story.
Katie1995 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Utterly amazing. You nailed Esme's character perfectly, and her want but not being able to help Edward was heart breaking.

I particularly loved this line: "If there is one thing we've learned from our relationship, it's that love is a journey, not a destination."

That was heart breaking and amazing all at the same time.

Love it.

- Katie1995 :)
Gasaway Alley chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
So, onto burying things.

Sweetling, I am in awe. You always write a flawless Esme. I'm over the moon for Esme's New Moon. I know how deeply you feel for this oft missed couple who deserve so much time of their own.

You take such good care of these two and it bleeds onto the screen through your heartbreaking words. I'm very proud of you and you deserve this win so much.

When Esme followed them into the woods, I got goosebumps. I broke with every thought she had. And, she went and found Sam Uley, I was so impressed by the fact she put her life on the line to make sure Bella was taken care of.

Well written, and well deserved!

xoxo all over your CFM pumps. - Apie
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Congratulations on the Vampie award!

This was a good idea for a story. Very interesting to read your interpretation of what might have happened among the Cullens during this time.

To be honest there are a couple of things that feel a bit off to me. The speech is somewhat unnatural at times. I don't think Edward would compare anything to ripping off a Band-Aid. Since Band-Aids weren't manufactured until the mid-1920s, neither Edward nor Esme would have ever used one. Also, the Cullens were not aware that there were still shapeshifters among the Quileutes until Alice came back after Bella's cliff dive.

But there are a lot of good things as well. I like when Carlisle says "They really aren't ours, nor are they children." I like that Edward played the music for Esme one last time. I like how she thinks, "How could he leave her lost and alone? But I knew he too was lost and alone..." And I love Carlisle's words at the end: "love is a journey, not a destination."
roon0 chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
This was rather sad and lovely at the same time. I understand why Edward did what he did but I always thought it was wrong. I also thought she forgave him far too easily. LOL
raych4deuces chapter 1 . 11/27/2010