Reviews for Rational Fellowship
Guest chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
You have got such a fabulous way of writing these characters and I really really hope you'll continue writing this.
Almost an Actress chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
WOW! You, sir, are a wonderful writer. I can see how hard you worked on this piece, and it is AMAZING!
Cascaper chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Beauty, wit/humor and love... those are the words for this story. No wonder Musichetta has such a fan following, when you write her this way! He's really in love, Chetta, don't worry... Your Joly requires much mental cuddling because he's so delightfully sincere. And aha, here is Rosalie! Now I know who she is properly, and I like her quite a lot as well.
Clio1792 chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
Excellent!

Let's hear it for Republican Motherhood, socialist egalitarianism, Romantic friendship, and...Mary Wollstonecraft!

I really enjoyed this-thanks for writing it,

Clio
ColonelDespard chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Your Rosalie has instantly become one of my favourite OCs ever (or sort of OC - she's at least based on a few lines in the Brick!). She defies literary expections of women, who must be either frivilous and shallow or profound, bookish, reserved and disdaining of drink and laughter. I love her joy and how it manifests itself - in ideas, in people, in literature, in dancing, in laughing. And Musichetta is, of course, adorable. You've successfully delved into an area that intrigues most of us - how women fit into the circles around the Amis. And your depiction is so nuanced - even within the overarching idea of Republic Motherhood, for example, there's different shading in how the boys think. One great issue I have with a lot of Amis fiction is that their ideas (as opposed to their personalities) are depicted as a monolithic entity, other than the odd Enjolras - Combeferre division on methodology. But one thing that's clear from the conversations in the backroom of the Musain is that there are many ideas and philosophic approaches milling together and sometimes in conflict with each other. This is something you capture so well...Jacobins, St-Simions, etc etc.

And of course I adore the location you've chosen to set this :) I was reading yesterday that they cleaned up the Palais-Royal in the 1830s, closing down a lot of gambling and prostitution...so perhaps the boys (and girls!) got their kicks in there just in time?
Mme Bahorel chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
They are so cute! I adore your Joly and your Musichetta and your Joly/Musichetta.

Should I be giggling about the term "Greek friendships"? I love Musichetta :) And the charter! I think I love Rosalie, too. How can I not love the slash fangirls?

I also love the idea that if you manage to say something to Enjolras that he likes you end up a blithering idiot anyway because he's OMG SO PRETTY WHEN HE SMILES AT YOU!

And now I'm pretty much back to OMG, Joly/Musichetta so cute!

More seriously, I absolutely adore this paragraph:

"Musichetta had always kept Joly at arm's length. He was sweet, he was charming, he was fun to kiss, but he was, ultimately, a bourgeois medical student. He would pass out of her life like a particularly beautiful dream, one that would make reality seem so much less appealing, one that would make her retreat inward or into her books again, always searching for that missing brightness that illuminated and beautified the world at once. If she gave in, she would be a mistress, nothing more, one of those gray figures of the Latin Quarter that ornamented any school-day reminiscence, easily forgotten, abandoned to the double poverty of circumstance and reminiscence."

It covers so much of both the class issues and Musichetta's personal issues, but it's also beautifully written.

So sorry it took me this long to get to this, but I'm so glad I finally did.
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
I like it a lot...and by the way, when are you going to update A Passion for the Absolute? Just curious, because that is like, my favorite fic of yours.
le schtroumpf littraire chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
pitié, c'est déjà bien assez dur de savoir que des anglophones pourrissent le fandom des Misérables, on a pas besoin que vous nous balancez vos merdes en anglais ici en plus ! Language Category: French, tu sais ce que ça veut dire, espèce de débile ?