Reviews for Before Dishonor
noami.coleman chapter 6 . 2/7
SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL! You wrote an awsome and amazing story! Please write a sequel...Pleeeaaassseee!
ElfiTheWriter chapter 6 . 1/9
It's such an awesome story, I have read these so many times, and still!
I don't know how, but, if you can...please write a sequel!
Numbuh361 chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
love the concept..
xxNewMoon29xx chapter 6 . 2/21/2012
While cruising around in this category I kept passing this story. I wasnt sure wether to give it a chance or not. But I relented and I am sooo happy that I did! This story was amazing I mist say it took me to places in the KND that I had not even conceived of. Very good job I cant wait what else you have in store.
Gregory E. Lacy chapter 6 . 8/25/2011
This is certainly one of those stories that pushes into a deeper, darker meaning than what's shown underneath the surface. No one can be invincible from temptation, indirectly or indirectly, and whether it's from the influence or the victim. Certainly one to remember.
NICAGURL chapter 6 . 4/21/2011
CAN U DO A SUEQUEL PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE? :)

U R EFFIN' EPIC ! :3
NICAGURL chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
CAN U DO A SUEQUEL PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE? :)

U R EFFIN' EPIC ! 3
shithappenscouldbeworse chapter 6 . 2/17/2011
Honestly, such a deep and different take on Numbuh 362. I love your writting style and this story was amazing. This couple definatly deserves more attention. Awesome story, keep writting because your really good at it.
arissaprincess321 chapter 6 . 1/2/2011
...W0w!...rachel's gone T.T...
OriginalAlienSuperspy chapter 6 . 11/26/2010
Sweet mongo of the congo. You're the epitome of awesome. Any more?
aeriedescent chapter 6 . 10/17/2010
I love this story. LOVE IT. it's written perfectly, no one seems OOC, and there is great character development, especially Rachel.

Really the only part I didn't get, is when Rachel and Chad are kissing and stuff (love this pairing) and then it says "he uttered the words that would make potty mouth cover his ears." Not a direct quote, haha, just what I remember of it. But other wise, it was a really fantastic read, and I hope that you post some sort of sequel, or just more stories with this pairing!
Light Ebony Dark Ivory chapter 6 . 9/1/2010
This story is so super great! Please write a sequel for it! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Shay-sama chapter 6 . 8/3/2010
This story was omfg amazing. It was beautiful T_T

Instant fav. The ending part gave me chills.

the one and only
Souledad chapter 6 . 5/28/2010
You have no idea how much this story has left me. It took me almost an hour of much grasping, contemplating, squeeing, and predicting as the plot took series of plunges, twists, and turns. This was good. REALLY good. Better than what I expected. There are but a handful of 274/364 fanfics out there, but I must say, this is the the best I've read yet.

It starts of simple enough: a kind of how-I-got-here opening. Mentions of the old well, moon, and stone walls are deliberate and well-chosen words, and the atmosphere and tone is set in: darkening, doubtful, with an air of confusion and loss. Very much like Rachel's character. This is her story after all. At least, half of it is anyway.

I'm not going to go in to detail of how this story goes and how I felt about it, but it really gave me a fresh, new view of what Kids Next Door is supposed to be all about. I've always loved conspiracy theories and ulterior moves (oh how cynical of me), and Chad's debut early on comes to no surprise. What I did enjoy, however, was the way you guys spanned the idea of growing up vs. staying young, loyalty vs. self-discovery, honor vs. pride, love vs. duty. Much of Rachel's plight throughout the fanfic is trying to hold on to the kid that's left inside of her, and at the same time the growing realization that she's slowly losing herself in the process: she's becoming a teenager. A full-blown, hormone-raging, need-to-find-myself teenager. She's definitely an interesting character to work with, and her dilemma of the choice she has to make between two crossroads is the driving force behind the story. Here we see her as everything she is: the light and the dark. She's a good person, committed, self-sacrificing and loyal, in fact, too loyal it might even destroy her in the end, but she's still a kid who has her fair share of flaws.

And Chad. For the sake of Numbuh Zero, Chad! Excuse me for the fangirlishness, but he was sooo HOT in this. Fleshed out incredibly. I've never really cared about him in the series, but I've become particularly fond of him by the end of the story. I could somehow see the honesty he feels for Rachel, and how he actually wanted her despite the fact he was only trying to break her. A part of me was screaming to Rachel 'PICK HIM! PICK HIM!' when he asked her to run away with him one last time, but the 1/362 shipper in me was yelling at the opposite at the same time. It's like my heart is being tugged in to two. Cue incessant curses and swear words in between. That's how powerful this fic is.

And the twist! Back in the Splinter Cell/GKND prediction days, I've always wondered why Rachel was not chosen as a candidate for the GKND. She's definitely a worthy operative, alongside with Numbuh 1, 274, and heck even Numbuh 5, but unfortunately the series never really explored this possibility. So yes, kudos for actually making a what-if scenario out of it! I have to say, I'm kinda glad she wasn't picked in the end; not that she isn't fit for the job, it's just that Rachel deserves better and the right to live a normal life. I somehow feel like the KND has stolen her childhood away, and I don't think she can take another one.

Lastly, the end. Gah, it's so open-ended and mind-screwing it makes me deliriously happy and sad at the same time. Suddenly, the one-sided love she feels for Nigel is gone, the spark is lost, only to be replaced by the desire of the forbidden she felt when she was with Chad. A part of me feels sorry for Nigel, who remains oblivious but at least certain that a part of Rachel has changed. On the other hand, a part of me wants to punch my fist to the air and say, 'HELLZ YEAH! BAD BOYS WIN AGAIN!' ... but I think I'm not making much sense.

All in all, this was a great, well-written collaboration. (With Lord Malachite no less! I'm green with envy :P) Merging of ideas and words really made this story for what it's worth. This work finally gave me (and I'm sure others as well) a reason to continue and/or start writing KND stories again. Thank you, and I hope you write more soon!

- Third Perspective
Pyrex Shards chapter 6 . 4/2/2010
My friend Lord Malachite suggested I read this. A little disclaimer, I'm not a huge KnD fan, but I'm familiar with the show enough to read its fanfiction.

So...

I really enjoyed this. It got dark at places (always a plus in my book) and not once did I feel like the drama was pointless. Everything had a purpose and fit very well. I don't want to list all the themes I saw, but I can say that I thought they mixed beautifully. I could practically see Rachel's struggles while dealing with Chad, and it was very believable.

Something else I noticed was that even though this was a collaborative fic, I couldn't really pinpoint the paragraphs that you wrote and the paragraphs that Lord Mal wrote. They mesh that well! I seriously tried to keep an eye out for any telltale signs, but I couldn't find any; a sign of a very successful collaboration.

My only aversion is that there is a lot of dialogue. Sometimes it felt like there was a little too much dialogue towards the end and not as much action. But, some of that is based on my own preferences so please take that at face value.

I'm definitely favoriting this! Good work!