Reviews for Revelations
Invisible Valkyrie chapter 39 . 5/1
I should say (although you probably have already deduced): Bree Invisible Valkyrie and vice versa.

I feel bad each time I've left a review as 'Bree', after joining this site because I couldn't remember my log in details or which email address I used to sign up with to change my password. I might sound like a sap: but I felt obliged to log in and review using my username. I mean, it is the very least I could do, as your fic is the sole reason why I signed up to this website. Literally. I've been lurking on this website and others for years and have read hundreds of fanfiction.

Some were really good and others that were amazing which I've absolutely loved and adored, but I was content enough to leave a review anonymously. Your fics, in particular Revelations, are the reason I joined. But I have never (ever) read one such like this that I felt COMPELLED enough to join a website *just* to leave a review, follow and favourite both the fic and writer. There's something (or rather some things) about this fic, tat's had a profound impact on me. I can't really describe it, I think it's the relatability. I can relate (be it sympathise or empathise) to the majority of the characters *sigh* yes, even with Hope. I actually don't like him, *cough*Ihatehim*cough* and I'm not that fond of Vanille either. But your portrayal of them was great, I liked Vanille and I could tolerate Hope (I was always on the non-existent bleachers cheering for Snow each and every time he got close to Lightning, or vice versa, when Lightning let her guard down and warmed up to him. I was even totally on board when Snow wanted to 'get back' at Hope, lol). It might sound dumb, it's kind of hard to explain. I'll probably PM you after I finish writing this.

If I could sum this fic up in one word, it would be: Incredible. Beautiful, lovely, wonderful, amazing would all suffice. But I think incredible makes sense. Incredible writing. Incredible storytelling. Incredible characterisation. Incredibly believable romance. Incredible comic relief and humour. Incredible vast, crazy roller-coaster ride of emotions. Incredibly beautiful and poignantly written. And to think, THIS fic was your first attempt at writing. I believe the most poignant moment for me, was in chapter 11(?) (I'm probably wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was prior to them arriving in Oerba), where Fang stole Lightning's towel. That moment where Snow confided that Lightning was enough for him (aww) and consequently the ball was in her court. It was lovely.

You (and someone else) are the only one(s) who have written an extremely, believable way of dealing with Serah. The other writer is Blamnie (on this site) with her lovely but too-short fic 'The Secrets Fractures of Snow Villiers'. I highly recommend anyone who hasn't read it, to stop what they're doing and read it. It's beautifully written and very believable as well. Back to you, Symphonic Silence, you wrote Snow and Serah's break up perfectly. Damn, it's so believable, I sound like a broken record but I was engrossed. I've perceived Revelations as a soap opera. Unlike the cheesy, lame ones on tv, Revelations had me hooked from the very beginning and my love and adoration for this fic never faltered. I was too smitten with it. And it's the longest Snow/Light fic thus far, whooo! :)

There was something else I wanted to write but I've lost it, argh.

Last week, I saw the email alerts notifying me that you've posted the final chapters. To be honest, I wanted to prolong reading it as long as possible - I didn't want it to end and I still can't believe it's over. But then again I wanted to just wanted to read how everything ends. Like I mentioned in a previous review as Bree, I did re-read this whole fic from chapter 1 to chapter 37. Not only that, I re-read all your other Snow/Light fics :P I did a bad thing and decided to read a chapter or two before I went to sleep. Ingenious idea: read one or two chapters, then go to sleep. Sounds simple, yeah? Nooppppppppeee! Each night I'd stay up and didn't realise until 4 or 5 chapters and 1, 2 or 3 hours later *just* how late it was *cough*2am-on-most-nights(early mornings?)but-when-I-finished-reading-the-lat-two-chapters-it-was-past-3am*cough*

Anyway, to be honest the epilogue and the bonus chapter: well, it's not quite how I envisioned it ending (I wasn't quite sure how it would end, I guessed a proposal or pregnancy). I wasn't expecting such a sudden jump in time. In saying that, it's wonderful how everything came together: Lightning's (and everybody else's) doubts about living among people who tried to murder them, it all settled. I can't quite articulate my point but I enjoyed reading it.

And Serah: wow, six years. That's incredible. But yay! They were reunited and I'm assuming their resolved their issues. I'm glad it all worked out and the little sort of cameo from Fang and Vanille :') aww. The bonus chapter was unexpected and funny to read. There would surely be a lot of untold, funny anecdotes which results from Maqui and Hope living in a cramped space together. Also I interpreted that in the epilogue, this adult Hope may still have a crush on Lightning? Lightning not noticing Sazh "borrowing" one of her gunblades, lol. Each chapter has a quotable quote. Every. Single. Chapter. I love it so much.

As DaOneInDaCorner and Brenda293 have already written a lot of what I would repeat. Thank you for writing this. I know you may have been discouraged a few times as it seemed like fewer people were reviewing, compared to all those yars ago when you first published this. It is a masterpiece. I don't say that rashly. I really appreciate and truly commend you for sticking with this story and completing it. Half a decade, that is a great feat. Most writers, after an extended hiatus, they don't return, have changed their writing style or have simply lost their muse and don't return. You have somehow managed to keep and improve the consistency. Each chaoter gets better and better. Revelations is a fic choc full of humour, anguish, heartbreak, action, torment, choices and then much, much more! It's immensely immersive.

There's much more I'd like write and express, but I didn't realise just how long it's taken me to type this much already. I need to go, so I might PM you another time. But if you're still reading, I'd like to let you know, you have inspired me to do *something*. Not sure of what exactly. Be a better person, write a story, create some fanart, improve my writing skills, etc. If I am able to improve and write just a fraction as eloquently and brilliantly as you, I'd call it a success. Once again, thank you for writing this and I cannot wait to read what you write next (I shall read your LoTR fic another time). And the next time I review a fic of your's, I'll be signed in. It's the least I could do. No hyperbole in saying you and your fics are the reason I signed up to . Seriously.

Oh and just quickly, sorry I didn't mean to sound melodramatic in my review for chapter 37. It was sensual (I thought so), perhaps not sensual as f-k. More romantic than anything else I guess. It REALLY appealed to my inner 12 year old fangirl self: oh my gosh, the fluffiness and cuteness and just E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G about it, appealed to my romantic side. So damn much 3 :)
Brenda293 chapter 39 . 4/24
Buy one get one free . Hahaha .The last time I read I didn't know there was an epilogue coming soon ,so this explain that . Thanks for your determination and for the formidable adventure take care . Merci .
Brenda293 chapter 38 . 4/24
Well it did take some years for Serah to make peace at last . And that's a good life can be so short and sometimes we don't realize it until it's too late .
DaOneInDaCorner chapter 39 . 4/22
Hope, you adorably, remarkable little ruffian! I knew there were reasons to love you, at least when you grew out of your cougar chasing, murderously vengeance seeking, adolescence faze of life. This however, takes the cake. As for Maqui . . . You've taught me a valuable lesson, and so now I'm going to go change my password.

It's finally time for that heartfelt message I promised.

Thank you so much for what you've given us. I joined this adventure late as is, but it doesn't take away from this marvelous creation you've gifted us readers, nor the journey we all took part in on the way to its completion. You're the sole reason for creating something of joy in thousands of people (much more, given I've seen the amount of reviews you have and the majority of readers don't review so you've undoubtedly got far more readers) and these words you've given us are beacons of sunshine within our minds whenever we partake in it. Hard to follow what I've said, but I think you'll get the gist of it at least.

You're amazing the Revelations is undoubtedly my absolute FAVORITE story that I've read on Fanfiction to date. It truly is, and so you might gain idea of what that is, let me say that I've favorited three-hundred and fifty-eight stories overall, and have more than likely read ten times that number and simply never bothered to Favorite them. While that may not mean much coming from one person, I still wanted to inform you on it.

I'll miss that little spark of joy I always got whenever I saw an alert for a new update on the story, but the memories I've gained from reading this will more than make up for it.

That's all I have left to say I think, but thanks, it's been an awesome adventure all the same.
DaOneInDaCorner chapter 38 . 4/22
And it ends. Sorta. One more chapter from what I can see but whatever, ha.

Lightning needed this closure, and so did Serah in my opinion. It's a perfect (and don't think I use that word lightly) end for the story, tying up all the loose ends, and leaving us with the ideal future of a happy Farron/Villiers baby in the family. It's simply tear worthy, and in my final review I'll fully express my thanks to you for giving all of us this masterpiece to enjoy.
Animelover6000 chapter 37 . 4/15
Awwww Sookie now! Look at this! Getting all hot and steamy! That's what I'm talkin about. Until next time live!
Bree chapter 37 . 4/7
That's it! Happy trail. DaOneInDaCorner, I appreciate your reply. Happy trail, I've heard of that. Much better than snail.

I've re-read this chapter again, it's just that good. Symphonic Silence, I need to clarif in my previous review it sounded like I was heaping praise on Lightning making an effort and establishing a friendlier bond with the members of NORA - although that is valiant of her to do that - I wanted to commend you on how you wrote it.

Anyway, I'd love to see Fang's smug, all-knowing smirk once she finds out Lightning finally heeded her (and everybody else's) advice to begin a relationship with Snow. Alas, I know, she and Vanille are trapped in crystal (poor Sazh).
DaOneInDaCorner chapter 37 . 4/6
This one's to Bree I believe the username was. Well, whoever it is I wanted to answer that the snail trail, is also called a Happy Trail. So yeah.
Dragoon Dave chapter 37 . 4/5
Finally! Went back and re-read this fic and I still love it all. It's great to finally see all the angst lead to some healing and joy for our protagonists.

Keep it coming! Excellent stuff!
Brenda293 chapter 37 . 4/2
Yeah ,not bad .Is that what you're thinking ? Because the truth is , It .Was .Awesome ! (I use that word a lot , I know.) And for me that was an EPIC adventure not just in term of exotic places but also an adventure of self discovery for both Lightning and Snow .The most important part is the hell they've gone through mentally I mean there's enough to be traumatize for life ,enough to have a depression .But their bonds are really deep , like I have once heard said , friends are the family we choose .Or something like that .So thank you again and I wish all the best .
Brenda293 chapter 36 . 4/2
Wow ,incredible ! Total respect Si.I though that I already know her and you dig up this ! I'm amazed . I'm not very good with words and you have probably already heard this. But you're really awesome !
Bree chapter 37 . 4/2
I just speed read over my review for this chapter and I was like some old weirdo talking about carnal knowledge and love-making. Sex. I know it's sex, just I'd prefer to think of it as them making love in regards to this fic. 'Elegant maturity'. *shrugs* Haha, what a weirdo.

Anyway, I went on some bizarre rant, that I forgot to mention and heap praise on the efforts Lightning made to try and establish a relationship and bond with the NORA members. I can imagine Lebreau and Lightning becoming good friends. Perfect reflections, thoughts and interactions with each of the NORA members: it was subtlety written but done really well. Another perfectly written chapter. I can't wait to read what the epilogue entails.

Seriously, this chapter was extremely satisfying and lovely. I agree with previous reviewer, it also made me really giddy as well. It is loaded with sensuality. I mean OOZING with it. Gosh, I WANT A SEQUEL so damn bad :(
Bree chapter 37 . 4/2
Holy shi-...oh goodness, holy cow. One of my most favourite chapters from 'Revelations' yet (in fact, I'd say one of my most fave chapters ever from any Snow/Lightnng fic I've read [and I've read a few other really good ones]. Period.), and it's not just because of how you ended this wonderful chapter. Love this, so darn much. It was a pleasant surprise to discover that this chapter was posted earlier than expected.

I re-read the previous chapters again starting from chapter 34 prior to reading this. I don't want to ramble on and gush at everything, but I'll probably inadvertently go off on some fangirl rant (if I haven't already). The humour and the awesome one-liners, LOVE it all! I don't know how you can think of so many great one-liners, in my opinion there's almost an overwhelming plethora of them in this fic alone (not a terrible thing at all, because your ability to write comic relief, just seems so effortless. It's pure innate natural talent, I'd say).

I grinned when Snow turned up shirtless at camp. Then my grin morphed into a wide smirk a nanosecond later whilst I read that Lightning noticed as well. Later on she noticed a few other details as well. From mentions of her only just noticing his snail trail* to wanting to amend their relationship, well, to be short and concise: the last, what, 1/3 of this chapter - in my honest opinion - got wonderfully fluffy and SENSUAL as fu-...(I don't want to actually swear in any of my reviews for your fics. It may seem a bit peculiar, but I feel that if I begin to cuss, I'll feel like I am being disrespectful.) I'm glad and appreciative tha you didn't write full on smut, I just dont think it would've suited the tone and elegant maturity of the fic (if that makes much sense. 'Elegant maturity', lol. What the..?). I mean, if you ever wanted to write a Lightning/Snow smut fic without a plot, I wouldn't object. Ha. But how you wrote everything, shedding all her self-doubts and worries and becoming a lot more emotionally and physically intimate with Snow, was significantly more sensual, intense and resonating. And I thought it was romantic, despite the whole carnal knowledge part that was about to happen. Well, love-making (or making love)...now I sound a little weird, but hopefully you can understand what I'm trying to convey.

Oh gosh, put aside the love-making, those last two or three paragraphs, but ESPECIALLY the last paragraph. One word. I don't want to spoil it for those who read review first before reading the chapter, however, oh man! LOVE IT! So much. Perhaps not quite a motif yet (I'd actually argue it was), but very similar to your other Snow/Lightning fic 'Little Moments' (to anyone and ALL who have not read it, please do yourself a favour and READ IT NOW! It is so freaken good. Great fic, in fact) with *SPOILER* Snow's proposal.

In all seriousness though, I really believe your amazing knack for writing and comic relief - just everything - you could quite possibly persuade a non-Snow/Lightning fan and convert them into one. This fic would be the very first I'd recommend to a newcomer into the Snw/Lightning pairing. It has drama, action, humour, romance, tragic/sad events, heartbreak, happiness, sorrow, passion, sexual tension (I think so), agony, angst, anger and full of moments that makes one go 'Awwwww!', maybe that only applies to me, haha. It's very realistic and oh damn, after having read this specific chapter, it makes me want this to be cannon/canon(?) so damn bad. Argh, screw Square Enix.

By the end of reading this chapter and with how everything just came together, I was literally (and still am) grinning like the Cheshire Cat, hehe. Also anyone whom decidedly to take a random late night stroll past our lovebirds' shared hut, would've caught an eyeful... ;) Unless they were into voyeurism, lol. Anyway I'll most definitely going to re-read every chapter again prior to reading the epilogue. I apologise for the fangirl-induced tangent, you have reignited my adoration and previously dwindling spark for Lightning and Snow: there clearly isn't enough fanfiction or fanart or fan-related-anything of these two - definitely no regular new fics being posted. Which baffles me a bit as they have great chemistry and share a 'bond' with no others (which ironically is the main reason why they aren't together): Serah.

I haven't cried yet over a Snow and Lightning fic, but I think it may happen once I read the epilogue. Anyway, sorry once again for another long rant. Don't mind me, I'm just going to re-read this chapter again...and probably re-read it again tomorrow :)

*Also in case anyone reading this isn't familiar with the term 'snail trail', I'm referring to the small line of hair that some guys have leading downwards from their navel. A quick Google search leads to another entirely different meaning on Urban Dictionary, which is definitely not what I mean. I don't know what everyone calls it, I've only ever known and grew up calling it a 'snail trail' which is slang (friends called it that so I just adopted it into my vocabulary). If anyone would like to tell me what they call it, I'll add it to my vocab and replace the aforementioned slang (snail trail sounds a bit weird and crass, especially since learning of Urban Dictionary's definition).
DaOneInDaCorner chapter 37 . 4/1
Damn you for being unwilling to make a lemon, haha! This was extraordinarily satisfying, I must say. I rarely feel this level of giddiness when reading something. In fact, I simply don't get giddy. Ever. Or at least I didn't used to.

It's actually quite sad to think it's almost over. But it's still been quite the journey, huh? I think that more than makes up for it.
Fading Into Darkness chapter 36 . 3/29
I have so much love for this fic. Really want to know how things will play out with Serah and Light.