Reviews for Sudden Surrender
Jaxxy chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Her name is not Rachel, nor was it ever Rachel. Her name is Raven.
GreenRock chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
An enjoyable one-shot you have here.

The way you bring out Rae's vulnerabilities and her sorrow had a lot of emotional impact and how it was all patched up through Gar's kindness. By being her 'shoulder-to-cry-on', it shows how those two people are 'meant' (if you know what I mean). Even with the simplest of acts, i.e. Rae resting her head on Gar's shoulder was a touching moment which lends well to this one-shot.

Well Done.

:D
Krystal McKenna chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Ah, here we go! A well-written story that's an AU without being annoying and cliched and which also has a good grip on the characters. You didn't change the way they acted just because it was an AU, and the present tense stays steady throughout it. I liked the way you backed up Rachel/Raven's unfeeling ways in an AU where she's not in danger of destroying things by showing emotion. Well done.
GlacierBlueRose chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
I loved it. It was short but so full of emotions and very well written. Keep up the great writing style.
widowsforest chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
I really liked this. Its the kind of story that just makes you go "aww" and smile! Thank you!
Nightcrawler's Shadow chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Simply beautiful is the only way to describe this.
Techno Skittles chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
A good story over all. I have one critique. At the end, you kept saying Rita and it was a little annoying and boring. Maybe you could use another name/term for Rita or combine the sentences?
Kalnar chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the greatest thing I've read.

Pros:

Strong intro

Well written

Grammer!

Cons:

Terrible ending. With the way the ending is worded, her entire life is based off a relationship with Garfield. Very stable... not.

The telling of Rachel's story was a bit brief, expanding that scene a bit would be better. Maybe have her actually tell the story, instead of a summary.

Overall:

A good, well written story. Some parts needed elongation and editing, but those are relatively small details.

Score I would give:

7/10
titanfan45 chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
Very Nice!
Wolvmbm chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
Very interesting story for a one shot. As it just took one peaceful moment for everything to be crashing down on Rachel. :(

However with Garfield by her side, her live is reborn anew. :D

This was a great idea for a one shot and I wish for you to keep up the good work upon great ideas like theses for future stories. :D
XdarkbirdX chapter 1 . 3/20/2010