Reviews for Sixth year X 2
Bronze chapter 1 . 1/9
How very true. Regardless of what I've been told by people who've read the HP books, I WILL ALWAYS CONSIDER DUMBLEDORE A DARK LORD! Everything I've seen in the HP movies and heard about in the books shows he was. No one leaves a 1.5 year old baby on a doorstep in November and walks away without making damn sure that A, the child WILL stay safe and warm and B, the child WON'T be left there overly long. Dumbledore did both. He knew Harry's mother and father while they attended Hogwarts. Surely he had to've heard about how Petunia felt about Lily and her magic. Yet he still felt it was the best and safest place to leave Harry. And for the following fifteen or sixteen years ignore everything he's told about Harry's living conditions at his Aunt and Uncle's house. Totally ignore Harry's smaller then average height in first year. Ignored that Harry only had rags to wear other school uniform. Now then I attended a privet boarding school and my former headmaster would never've ignored being dress such. So regardless of what others say I go by his own deeds and call him a Dark Lord hiding in the light. Just like it shows in this story.
I don't get why her parents would treat her so harshly. Hermione is their daughter, not harry. They hardly know him. She's allowed to choose who she wants to be with in a romantic relationship. Just because someone loves you, that doesn't mean you owe them anything or that you have to love them back.

Sure, I can see them being disappointed in how she chose to go about it and sitting her down to talk about her being more kind in the future, but she really didn't commit a sin by not choosing harry, she was just guilty of being too cruel in the way she did it. Her parents shunning her is repugnant to me, especially because she realized her mistake in being cruel and wanted advice on how to apologize. I feel bad that she has such horrible parents.

I noticed in a lot of these stories everyone turns on Hermione if she ever makes any mistakes in her relationship with harry, which is disgusting. Everyone makes mistakes in relationships and it's just a fact of life that lovers will end up hurting each other whether they mean to or not. It's frustrating to read some of these stories where Hermione is solely blamed and her family, people who are supposed to love and support her, condemn her so easily instead of teaching and guiding her. Harry has treated Hermione fairly horribly in Canon over the years, but in all the stories I've read so far of yours, only Hermione ever hurts harry. This is also just the facts of h/hr stories though. All the pain, bigotry, torture,bullying, and having to fight for her life while making sure harry and ron stay alive is generally dismissed for Hermione. The focus always ends up on all the pain and suffering harry went through and she ends up always having to comfort and console harry while dismissing any of her own pain and suffering. I can hardly think of a h/hr story where they both help EACH OTHER heal without Hermione subverting her own pain in order for Harry's to be front and center. That's not how healthy relationships are.

I'm just hugely disappointed in how you write Hermione's family and how all her relationships hinge on harry and her being absolutely perfect to him always.
Blazeb79 chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
Hi,

Another good one.

O-C
The Ghostly Minion chapter 1 . 3/8/2015
A very interesting way to solve the 'sixth year conundrum'. Intervention by means of potions is an old story, maybe with life in it still, but this works very nicely.

Although I'm not real fond of the soul bond, it works here. To have them bond at the end of their third year and to have Dumbledore force them apart is both interesting and well done. I hope they'll allow their friends access to the island and unlike many of your one-shots, this really needs no further elaboration.

Very well done.

D. Page Robin
tricorvus chapter 1 . 2/4/2015
I enjoy every thing you write, so let's just keep this short
Rock on
whitebuffalowmn chapter 1 . 1/26/2015
nice story! I'm glad they got a second chance.
desireejones99 chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
Wow so many wonderful stories think i am just a 3rd way down your list
Jharry1960 chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
Pretty good except the unfinished business of the death eaters and real justice for the Weasley criminals. I also hate to see Dobby and Kreacher left alone, knowing what we know now. But I can settle for Harry, Hermione, and the Grangers being happy.
Deathday Party Planner chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
The concept of a is very enticing. Thank you .
jetzer0 chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
1 ϟ
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
Sorry, I had a little trouble with "the willing suspension of disbelief" in this story.
ruth hammond chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
loved it! clever, heart warming, smiles, and lots more...looking forward to more stories!
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 8/6/2013