Reviews for Familiarity Ends Contempt
jupimako chapter 8 . 5/10
I like the partnership aspect of your fic. I'd love to read more someday.
Antonio92 chapter 8 . 8/26/2013
Decent story, interesting idea, I'd love to see it continued but I fear it won't be...
Lazurman chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Damn. Iruka dying in a fic always makes me equal parts angry and sad. Still, in the name of the plot and all that jazz.
SuperVegitoFAN chapter 3 . 4/8/2013
Theres no need to complain about sasukes attitude towards sarutobi..

Cause IIRC he felt not unlike naruto in canon, naruto just ran out of patience before sasuke...

Here sasuke ran out first.
SuperVegitoFAN chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
he doesnt have to be godlike as they call it...

most fanfics that state they have him as such dont really fulfill it.

Hes just powerfull, but not in a
walk up to enemy showe him, guy falls 50 km behind and dies.

no what happens is more like
he kicks and punches said guy 500 times each, then do a massive rasengan finisher.

the first is boring to read the second is not.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/25/2013
Good story thus far. Wish we'd gotten to read the scene where Naruto tells his team about the Kyuubi. Keep it up!
flan bridge chapter 8 . 3/25/2013
however, with Lee not dependent on chakra, the main facet of Shino's strategy was useless against him.

chakra exhaustion is fatal and Lee doesn't use nin or gen jutsu so it would not be surprising for him to collapse quickly. That having been said unless Shino knew a genjutsu to make lee not notice him I think it would be over too quick for that to matter.
patrick the almighty observer chapter 8 . 12/15/2012
there has been no quick update in over 2 years. besides that i really like the concept for this story and i hope that you will remember that this exists and update it.
Arvarno chapter 8 . 6/11/2012
Really it's a pity you've abandoned it. It was pretty good.

I like the alternative takes on the Kyuubi. It just seems to make sense that they'd try to work out a deal of some sort.

That makes Naruto was a bit overpowered, but I think that'd have gone away eventually.
Goeno chapter 8 . 6/12/2011
Very cool!
Goeno chapter 4 . 6/12/2011
Lovely!
Goeno chapter 2 . 6/12/2011
Lovely!
ArmorOfGeddon chapter 8 . 4/9/2011
Why do people do that? They go "Lee doesn't need chakra so Jyuuken/Shino's bugs won't be as effective!" Lee does need chakra! All living things need chakra! If anything, Lee should be even more vulnerable to Shino's methods because, as someone who only uses taijutsu (and some minor chakra control) he should have small reserves (compared to even the average ninja) so he'd be drained even faster than a normal ninja would!

That said, Shino never demonstrated impressive speed (he couldn't even tag Kankuro from ambush), so Lee should be perfectly capable of landing plenty of hits before being drained too badly, so the fight still works out as you wrote it! The issue of 'Lee not being dependent on chakra' vs 'not needing it at all' was just a minor nitpick on my part!

I just see it occasionally and the thought of it always bugged me (pardon the pun)! Taijutsu should be the absolutely worst thing to use against Shino (his bugs live inside of him and exit through his skin so you're bound to get some on you as Madara found out the hard way with Torune and his nanobugs) unless you know you can defeat him before his bugs drain you (and assuming the bugs leave you alone if their host dies)!
ArmorOfGeddon chapter 4 . 4/8/2011
Its way too late, but actually, Zabuza's title wasn't Kirigakure no Oni, it was Kirigakure no Kijin. Both still roughly translate to Demon of the Hidden Mist, but Kijin carries with it connotations that Zabuza was some kind of demon god whereas Oni refers to a type of ogre-like youkai (Tayuya's summons are oni).
MisteryMaiden chapter 8 . 4/3/2011