Reviews for Stromateis
Riya3 chapter 1 . 11/24/2013
This is achingly beautiful, and sad without purple angst. The way you write, the words you use, they're purely amazing. I've only recently become a fan of this pairing (and I've only written one fic about them), but I love this. You have no idea how much. From Shisui's relationship with Kakashi to his slow non-flowery nights with Itachi...it's beautiful. I'd copy-paste and analyze the beauty of many lines if I could (ffn doesn't allow c/p anymore...). I usually read fics like these, oneshots or short, novella-types, and this is perfection all around. It was written a long time ago so I'm not sure if you're still active on fanfiction, but I kind of wanted you to know that this story of yours is amazing.

I really don't know what else to say, because I usually leave criticism in reviews and there's little to criticize here. It's lie ... the epitome of fanfiction. Congratulations, sir/miss, you've won fanfiction.
TurtleChiChi chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
My favourite story of yours. I teared up a bit at the end. I know that authors usually like to hear constructive criticisms so you can make more improvements but I honestly can't think of any. This fic is so tragically beautiful in every way.
Aista chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
This made me feel like a snake was flailing around in my gut. Fantastic writing.

My favorite: "Love engendered many things, but among them was a sense of responsibility. You couldn't turn your back on something like this. You saw it through and then it ruined you. Shisui had spent months running away, and now there was barely time to do what was required of him, so the last thing he said to Itachi ended up being a lie."
Etchers chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Hey,

This was utterly heart-breaking and beautiful. You are talented beyond belief.
shisui-kun chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
I was going through my favorite stories when I came across this and decided to re-read it again. I'm not sure if it was a good idea because now I'm crying like a little baby. Oh god. So much for, 'this is going to be some happy shiny AU pulp.'

And now I'm yelling at Shisui because oh god, why didn't he stay? Everything hurts and I can't really see through my tears pretty well but I just love how you write these two so much and I'm really sorry for only reviewing this now.
eirame chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Beautiful.
Hello chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
This is really a beautiful piece of writing and it is sad and heartbreaking and yes. I love it. :3
ShadowHeHaHo-deleted chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Oh God. I'm sobbing.
Vulpesacris chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
That's sad.

Speechless.

Your language is exquisite. Your motifs come back to rip my breath away.
hollyivy7 chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
you *ass*

warn a girl for character death please.
Namida chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Hello! I'm a big fan of your Shisui x Itachi fanfics :) When I read this story, I ended in tears once again :3 I hope you'll continue writing more fanfics of this pairing! Good Luck :)
DeviWan chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
WAAH! I cried so hard towards the end! But this is definitely a great story and I enjoyed reading it very much. Great work!
theprincesshime chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
This is so darn beautiful...and well written. Your word choice & descriptions paint such a vivid scene. I laughed, I smiled, I near cried, I raged, & I was so frustrated I wanted to scream near the end because you really made me FEEL.

In response to your author's note at the end, I thought the "lack of cohesion" was part of the charm of this fic. It's a little choppy... like life. It's not always, or ever, smooth sailing.
a firebug chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
I think it's almost a crime that you don't have more reviews/people reading you, because your writing is definitely some of the best I have come across in any fandom.

What really strikes me is just how fluid the prose in all your pieces (particularly this one) - the sentences are amazingly well crafted, and there are certain images that actually leap right off the page at you. 'Changing the architecture of his bones', 'epiphanic misery', 'Done with the charts. Done with the compass. Done with the sea', the entire segment about Shisui associating smells with different memories and the description of the love knots... I don't know how you do it, but the way that everything is put together stays with you for a very long time.

This applies to all your fics as well - I love all of them, even the ones with pairings that are really not my cup of tea. The characters are written as more than several personality traits slapped together - you bring out new aspects of them and enhance what's already there to create actual people that are in a lot of ways more interesting than the original portrayal of them. That's not to say they're not in character - they definitely are - but you deepen them in ways that the manga simply doesn't have the time or will to do.

I guess there's not a lot of concrit or anything in this review, but then again there isn't a lot to criticize. I love every aspect of all your fics. Thank you for sharing your work - you're the kind of writer that I want to someday become.
Imperial Dragon chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
Great story, and I loved how Itachi and Shisui interacted.