Reviews for Dream a Little Dream
her illusion chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
you deserve a far better review than this - but this was just wonderful!i loved your writing!
snarky Beth chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Wow. That was rather dark and sad. But good. It was nice to see a creative fic with these two that wasn't perverted.
susan chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
cheers! that was way cool and very original. so... who was snape waiting for? fred? :D
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
This is scary and excellent. George misses the other half of him so much that he's willing to try anything-and finds his Dark Half instead. After all, what is the difference between the twins and Snape, except that Snape was a trifle more careful not to kill people with his skills?

And the person that he needs-maybe it _is_ George.

Anyway, this is a good and spooky and I liked it a lot.
The Nightosphere chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
This is a great piece. I enjoyed it very much-and since reasons why it's so enjoyable have all ready been listed, I won't continue in great detail. I will say that I think this was written beautifully.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
I agree with previous reviewers : far too few reviews. This was amazing. I admit, though, I only read it at first because you were the author. I thought, Snape and George? Never ! But once more, this was unexpectedly good. You really got into George's head and took us with you. We shared his angst and despair,"not knowing if you would live or die. Not caring."

And the disillusion : "Lies like 'some principles are worth dying for' and 'the dead are in a better place.'"Yes, they are lies, but it's still sad when someone realises that early in life.

And you got in a good word in favour of Minerva.

I like the way we don't know whom Snape is trying to connect to, and how Snape and George learn to make do with, then accept each other.

You did an incredible job out of a most unlikely pairing.

Perhaps people would be more interested in reading the story if the summary stated more clearly that it took place after DH. I didn't get that until after I had started reading and it changed the whole preconceptions I had had about the story.
ProperT chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
So now I'm obviously just reading through your list of stories to see what else may intrigue me. So er... Don't be surprised if u see a few reviews from various stories. I read this one because one day my goal is to write Snape story for every character listed, and any time I read a Sev/twin fic its usually something pervy. It was nice to see something different for a change. Loved it!
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
It's hard to enumerate what I love about this piece, though previous reviewers have listed some of its points of perfection. It's the atmosphere of _darkness_, the true darkness of the post-war and the retrospective darkness of the many enterprises of the Weasley twins. The little boy was quite poignant, and if I don't misread, there's a pang of conscience there.

There's also the darkness of the unexplained and the unnamed, what Snape won't tell about death, what it is that George doesn't understand, and the nature of Snape's unfinished business with the world of the living.

Marvelous, marvelous work-and far too few reviews.
the real snape chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Two reviews in over a week? What's wrong with this world (apart from everything)?

/each one making a different, almost-rude gesture/ I only now realise that it would need the Weasley Twins to get that done. For the life of me I couldn't think of so many. Just the package would be an education.

/the remaining famous Weasley twin/ It's bad enough being defined as 'the twins' all the time, but to be 'the remaining twin', ouch.

/a dream for those dark, desperate watches when the people who no longer exist are somehow much more real than the people who do/ Such a great line. As is the whole 'in Freds honour' section. Of all the hateful platitudes, 'he would have wanted it' is one of the worst.

/He is one of Nature's victims, and he can no more defend himself against the Twins and Marauders of the world than Fred could stand up to a collapsing wall./ Great way of letting George recognise that not everything they did was funny.

And the McGonagall cameo is so perfectly IC, at that point I would almost like to cut Snape out and have George/McG instead. Only, your Snape is brilliant, too.

/"Hem-hem, Gred, old boy. Guess who's been dying to see you?"

/ this one makes me laugh and choke up - every time.

Great story.
whitehound chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
they'd work well together if they could get past the intitial enmity - George would bring out the antic streak Severus used to have as a boy, while Severus would teach George to be a bit less wholesale and irresponsible.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
It's perhaps a cliche but it's often been said that behind the face of the clown, the prankster, is someone who lives in agony and despair. And it's been said there is no relationship so close as that between twins - a single soul housed in two bodies, some have said. This is perhaps the only time I've seen George depicted in such darkness and it's devastatingly possible. And Severus still keeping his damned secrets, eh? This is a strange and dreadful comfort that each gives the other... they have become twins of another sort. Beautifully crafted observations, too, about the nature of courage and loyalty and evil - and what is simply dark. Your comments on the little boy? Knowing your profession, they are especially spot on and poignant.