Reviews for These Ties that Bind
Athlantis chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
that was so heartbreaking and also so sweet!
deeplyshallow chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Wow - I don't read many RENT fics but that was so good :)
Bel's Hime-Sama chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
I cried so hard while reading this. Great job!
Angelic Prophecy chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
I actually have no idea where to begin! This was... Amazing. Awesome. So many words, I actually can't begin to list them all. It's rare that a story makes me want to cry, but this one did. There was a lot of emotion in this, and I could feel it, and I really loved it. It was sad. But then the ending came, the ending just made me unexplainably happy. I have always loved Mark and Maureen together, I could see them having a deep history like that and it just makes them make more sense in my mind. I love the style of writing you have, I love the way you did the characters, I just love this whole thing! It's beautiful! And I'm rambling! Sorry, I'll stop now... But this was gorgeous.

-AP (Michelle)
MacBloo chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
I don't know how this story has only one review (well, now two). It's SO good. I'm a die-hard Maureen/Mark fan, and this story did them each justice - along with the characters who left them. You have Mark's personality down-pat, and the way you write is just beautiful. Adding to favorites. :)
Kholen Phantomine chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
*gapes* ... that... was... wow. That was the ONLY Mark/Maureen story that I have EVER read that seemed... legit. I write Mojo, too, and I adore them together, but somehow, this seemed... natural. Just wow. Really brilliant. And your control of the language is beautiful, I caught no mistakes. My only complaint; your Joanne seemed a little empty. Still, though, really, really good. I like that you made Mo a monogamous type. I never saw her as a whore either. The bit in the play where she makes out with the random girl at the table seems more like a moment of frivolity, not a skank-move. And otherwise, she's a good girl, I think. Really, really, REALLY well done. I'm amazed that I'm the first person to review, and that this is the first RENT story you've published. Also, this is the longest review I've ever written. Good on you, excellent handle on the charcters (sans Jo, but good try), and I hope you write more.