Reviews for a fixation
tatty ted chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
This is wonderful, slightly unusual but great :D xx
a walk on the w i l d side chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
That is so beautiful. it's very good writing, very well done, well characterised, or in-character or however you want to call it.

It' wonderful. And no I didn't know her name was Aurora.

CKC
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
That was brilliant! I love, love, loved it! Your characterisation of Professor McGonagall was realistic, and the images you created of Sinistra were just beautiful, making it easy to understand the attraction. I think I'll read this pairing.
Schermionie chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
This /is/ an odd pairing. I generally don't read McGonagall femmeslash, but there was something about the simplicity and subtlety of this that drew me in. I adored the almost... breathy narrative.

Nitpicks: Two general punctuation errors:

Unless in the case of a massive list that has too many commas to be readable without them, semicolons only ever join two complete sentences with a general relation to each other. If you need to join two things with a more direct relation, using a colon is appropriate. Therefore, "Minerva was far too practical to allow anything to happen; far too responsible, sensible, respectable- old, even" should be,

"Minerva was far too practical to allow anything to happen: far too responsible, sensible, respectable - old, even."

Notice that I also put a space between 'respectable' and the dash that follows it. There are two ways to format dashes, either like this... 'respectable-old, even' or like this... 'respectable - old, even'. :)

My favourite line is probably "there was a stirring in the air when the teenager moved, a wistfulness, a whim, and Minerva couldn't help but stiffen around the way she said 'Professor'."

It really emphasised the strength of her fixation, that Minerva could feel flustered by something as innocent as a title.

I also loved the 'diminished charm' description. It just stood out to me.

Great job! The ending was perfect. _
bluestargem chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Haha, saw your pairing name at HPFC and guessed the exact same as you XD

Anyway, that was lovely. The way you characterised both women was spot-on and also the way you made such an impossible pairing work was very clever. Your portrayal of Minerva is fantastic. Oh, and there's just a small typo in the line "She had long ago filed it away on a shelf in her office as a peculiarity, AN inexplicable fascination" - you typed "ac". Sorry, I'm a bit of a perfectionist :P

I like it a lot. Well done :)
MinionsOfTheNachoArmyUnite chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Sorry it took a little while to review, I've been a bit busy.

I loved your interpretation of the name. The characterization was spot on and the idea was awesome.
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
I like your way of describing/characterizing both Sinistra and Minerva, and that this fic does the pairing very subtly. Also, haha, yes, I agree, Harry Potter Wiki is amazing.
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
Nice job! You really captured McGonagall here-it makes a lot of sense that she'd block something like that out with how rule-adherent she is in the books.
JacksonFrost chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
I love how you made this work without making it a crackfic :) It's actually really sweet and kind of sad, something I wouldn't have expected. Really, really well written! :)