Reviews for Mass Vexations
agigabyte chapter 3 . 10/26
People never seen to realize this is a deconstruction.
Blaze1992 chapter 22 . 7/31
Ok really great story I little put off about something mystical powers at work within mass effect. Other then that I give this story an 8 out of 10. But I have questions I would like to get answers to if you wouldn't mind. 1st What combat class is he going to be in the games? 2nd Will he get unique weapons in the upcoming games? Like the Omni tool is gonna have the Omni-bow or Omni-claws? For guns will he have like M-12 Locust and either M-76 Revent or a M-9 Saber assault rifles? 3rd Since there have been little changes here and there can we expect non canon events and tech? Like for instance the Normandy have it's own mechs and fighter for protection against boarding parties? Just some things I was wondering about.
The reasoning can't stand on its own. There's no way he'd get on the Normandy.
Bobydibob chapter 2 . 6/10
I hate when people name are blank ...just make it out !
DigitalCore chapter 1 . 6/12
I am halfway through the very first chapter and there is only one thing I am currently thinking.

trninjakiller chapter 2 . 4/8
Lara Jayd chapter 2 . 2/23
I want to like this, I really do, but your OC Art is just SUCH a neckbeard. A musician who sketches at movie theatres and calls Tali 'madam' while thinking he can rescue her using nothing but a crowbar? *Shudder* I can't stand him already and I've only read two chapters. Next thing I know he'll be calling Shepard m'lady.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 18 . 1/22
I wonder how the galaxy reacted when these 'humans' showed up with their many hundreds of instruments, music and orchestras...
Hmm, you think the aliens in the game would even have them? (You just lost the game by the way)
I mean, Turians are way too ordered to consider mixing different instrument families together, the only Asari instruments we see are lyres and Salarians are responsible for all that techno garbage spewed out in every bar, elevator and office in the game.
So I imagine the first diplomats were quite shocked upon being invited to join the new humans in a massive oval room and then dozens of them flood on stage with different instruments. Sounds like a story in and of itself.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 17 . 1/21
Not entirely convinced that they would let him stay on but since they are all going to be criminals in a bit it shouldn't matter too much.
I see what you mean about the emo stuff. If you wanted me to hate the character, this chapter did it in spades. His situation is dire but his actions and mental outlook are ridiculously childish, particularly considering his past admonishments of other characters who were like this. He kinda comes off as someone who didn't know shit about this stuff until it happened to him (and then of course, no one understands his pain...). Good thing he's a viola player already, otherwise he'd be writing bad poetry too.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 16 . 1/21
This guy has a swearing problem...

So I'm into this story now and everything but I noticed the guns are using thermal clips from the get go? Even though thermal clips are stupid (and the fact the entire galaxy uses them even more so)?
This character is also really nasty to pretty much everyone he's met that isn't on the ship and is unpleasant to those who are (until he gets to know them).
Finally, he just led a Salarian team to their apparent deaths after flawlessly commanding them to battle, and also defied Shepard's orders and told her to fuck off...

I have no idea how this chap manages to stay on the ship next chapter. Should be interesting.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 4 . 1/20
Well hell...I hope he's not too disappointed when he becomes a radioactive dust pile later on then.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 2 . 1/4
Ooh boy, that kid's in for a world of pain in the next few months. Out of shape and going into special forces training? He'll be shaking with exhaustion by the end of the first day and have horrible cramp the second. Unless you pump him full of stimulants and meds, he's going to take ages to be useful (unless you make him a rouge like spy and hacker).
Should be interesting to see what happens to him.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 1 . 1/4
So this musician decides to enlist, does he?
Okay...but remember fiction has to make at least a little sense. Particularly going onto a ship that WILL explode later on, possibly captained by a good commander or a homicidal maniac.
Like the writing style though.
kluk chapter 3 . 1/1
are you really like this dude?
Someone Else Took My Name chapter 22 . 12/22/2014
A fitting end, all in all. I suspect a Talimance, and while I usually avoid stories that feature them- they tend to turn her into a damsel in distress- I'm confident that this will be different.

I look forward to the next two parts, as long as they are. Yay, one month of reading material, here I come!