Reviews for Life Choices
ihatewriting chapter 4 . 6/27/2010
I'm loving this story more and more. I'm not a huge NejiTen fan or anything, but you've made their interactions sweet yet subtle. Also, it's so great that it's set in New York. You can actually feel the busy streets and the busy people in the story. I really hope you update soon!
InosBane chapter 3 . 5/24/2010
This was beautiful, especially the last bit with Naruto and Hinata.

Chouji was spot-on, I love the way he knows how to talk to Shikamaru, and it was comforting to see that Shika and Temari are both looking to resolve their issues.
Just Lovely chapter 3 . 5/24/2010
I'm actually quite surprised that Temari and Tenten don't actually have a close friendship, I thought based on other stories, they're usually highlighted as the best of friends but then again, you can't have all stories being the same, but I still thought that with Tenten's husband Neji working with Shikamaru who is Temari's fiance they would have been at least friends.

Oh and I think you made a slight mistake typing in 'fork' instead of spoon to eat yogurt, even that would be quite a challenge.

Even though the two don't seem quite so tight, they have an easy going friendship starting now and it's really nice to see how much they can relate and help each other.

I honestly laughed when I read the description of Chouji's apartment, it was so funny how small the room was for everything else except for the kitchen which was Chouji's pride and joy.

I find it really nice how the planned the whole get together with old friends because it shows how much Chouji, Ino and Shikamaru have grown but still maintain their friendship.

I feel so bad for Shikamaru because here Ino is bugging him about his relationship with Temari and it's obvious that even though they're friends, it really bugs him because he seems so unsure of their state at the moment. I like their friendship, even though Shikamaru and Chouji don't always seem to stand Ino, they still manage to stand strong together as a team.

Naruto is by far the best boss, he cares a lot about his staff and treats them like family, it's such a nice thing to do., he cares about everyone's studies and he knows what it's like.

Naruto's cluelessness is just his thing, it's a nice thing to see portrayed in this situation.

Update soon!
HRHElizabeth chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Dude. This is good. You have a mood in your writing, you incorporate dialogue that is true to the manga characters' personalities and there is background info. loved it. I intend to read more of your work. Good luck with classes and finals.
angelgrl chapter 3 . 5/22/2010
That was such a sweet way to end! The really big contrast between Naruto and Hinata's relationship really underscores the trouble with Shikamaru and Temari's. I just love reading these NY stories because I like to see how accurate the author portrays NY, and you come pretty damn close. I found it hilarious when you mentioned Bush's administration and the Miley Cyrus posters cause NY feels the exact same way. And it was effective in making the story relatable to. Love this chapter. My favorite one yet.
ihatewriting chapter 3 . 5/22/2010
Ahhh great chapter as always! It always feels too short though! I loved the NaruHina interaction because it's always difficult to keep them balanced.
xxbeni.music.soul chapter 3 . 5/21/2010
teehee, really liked the TemaTen interaction at the beginning- usually in this fandom we don't see them together like this at all, so it was a really cute change of pace.

Somehow the sticky kinder friend comment stuck by me throught this chappie, though it was adorable )

xxbeni.
chalantness chapter 2 . 5/21/2010
First, let me tell you that I absolutely loved your NY Society series to I'm glad you decided to write more on it. I thought you did a fantastic job in your NY Society stories in keeping everyone in character, capturing them as a couple, and keeping the AU very convincing. And I love how playful their occupations are to their personalities and how we see them on the show/in the mangas.

I'm glad that for this story you'll be focusing on Shikamaru and Temari (since throughout the NY Society stories you've hinted that their relationship wasn't the MOST stable and it's been incomplete) but also including the other couples too. I'm excited! Keep up the awesome work!
half-note chapter 2 . 5/9/2010
This is very interesting. I've never been fond of ShikaTema if I'm honest. Temari's character 'annoyed' me, however, I've become more tolerant of her character as I experience writing and reading fanfiction on which she has an important role. You've helped in that. :)

Also, I love your NY societies series. To be able to build an alternate universe, while keeping the character's core is something to be praised for. And I praise you. I've got four chapters of something among similar lines, set in Tokyo. I wonder if I'll ever get around uploading it, I even wonder if I'd be as close as good as you are. You're great inspiration. :)
Just Lovely chapter 2 . 5/1/2010
Nice chapter, a big of angst but it was really sweet.
The relationship between Sasuke and Sakura was really sweet and they seemed so familiar with each other. They knew each other in ways others do not, it's a comforting relationship where nothing is strained and everything is told, nothing is held back and comfort is always there.

Shikamaru and Temari are just so sad. They're both strained on what they both love to do, they can't even find a good date to have their wedding, it's sad to see how it's slowly pulling them apart, they can no longer talk to each other like how they seemed to. It's just that they're so enclosed and don't really seem to know how to open themselves to others. It's been and struggle and fight for their happiness.

Asuma must have it tough, even though he and his father didn't really get along, it still must be hard to see someone so close to you leave and move on. It's like his way of grieving is a blank facade. It's hard and it's clean, it's like there's nothing you can do to cover it.

Work is all what seems to be on everyone's minds. It's like they're way of escape.
Update soon.
Yugioash chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Nice to find a story where you pull the results of the other New York Society stories together. Poor Shikamaru and Temari though, you should get them married in this story since you got the other pairs involved.
BLav527 chapter 2 . 4/16/2010
This is fantastic! I love this AU you've created for them! Looking forward to more.:)
Sairalinde Inwe chapter 2 . 4/11/2010
I can't tell you how much I love the character interactions in this story. It's not just face value, it's deep and penetrating, and just...well...amazing _ The story plotline is interesting, the character dynamics superb, and the style of prose just AWESOME! (man I need a thesaurus...) Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter!

~Saira
eeeee.eee.eeee chapter 2 . 4/11/2010
I'm such a huge fan of this series and I couldn't be happier to see them back! Out of curiosity, did you have to sketch out who does what in the story, so you wouldn't risk loose strings? I'm asking because you haven't made any missteps and you do such a good job at tracing back everyone's stories. Regarding this chapter, I really liked this format of showing particular scenes in their lives, it really works for this story. I also think the Sasuke x Sakura moment turned out gorgeous, amazing job! Can't wait 'til the next chapter comes up :)
ihatewriting chapter 2 . 4/11/2010
gasp! please update soon!
59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »