Reviews for Aeon Entelechy Evangelion
hornofdesolation chapter 20 . 9/28
I look forward to future chapters of this story.
everquesting chapter 1 . 2/28
You probably don't check this story anymore but- I really love evangelion and am crazy about anything lovecraftian so update?
Glory-To-Our-August-King chapter 2 . 9/21/2014
I've read alot of good things about this story, and I'm glad to see they were not born of over-exaggeration. I've never really been into Cthulhu that much, so I'm sure there are alot of references that have gone over my head here. Although it was pretty easy to read up on Cthulhutech, which I never knew existed before reading this story. I'm glad I do now, because its awesome. I've always been particularly fond of Arcane-tech stories.

Evangelion and Cthulhutech seem to mesh rather seamlessly, especially at the hands of such a capable writer. Probably the best thing about this story so far, and this chapter in particular, was how long it was: It didn't feel like I was wading through quicksand to get to the good stuff. Transitions felt smooth, even if some were short, and were each very interesting.

Characterizations were great, the dialogue felt a little stiff here and there, but otherwise felt natural and progressed things smoothly enough. Shinji's more fatalistic attitude also feels very natural.

I was surprised that we didn't get to the battle in this chapter, but that's not a bad thing at all. You built up to it so well that I immediately clicked to the next chapter.

Oliver V chapter 1 . 4/15/2014
One of my favorite books. Easily my favorite in the genera.
Great read, Earth Scorpion, thanks.
connor1504 chapter 20 . 4/10/2014
I really love seeing the interaction between the normal students and The Children, and also seeing how Gendo reacts to certain things, like his referencing the DAHACA as "that disposable thing." Look forward to reading more of your work.
Jouaint chapter 20 . 10/31/2013
Great chapter.
Stalker117 chapter 3 . 10/30/2013
This is being a really interesting read. It's very well-writen and intricately plotted. Bravo, mate! I will keep reading and providing feedback, but I'm loving it thus far.

Also, allow me to thank you for presenting me (at least) to the world of ChtulhuTech through Evangelion and FEAR. CT is indeed a fascinating universe and now I'm really interested in exploring it more. Never heard of it before and I'm kind of sad for it.

I also find funny how you cut the different scenes with either Chtulhu faces or plain Human faces. Really a great touch. After all, everybody loves Chtulhu. :)
Hood'sGate chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
I very much wish this wasn't a dead fic.
dzk87 chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
ENTELECHYYYYY. I decided to reread this. As you might guess, I don't get this chapter, it's been toooo long.
Zero1627 chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
EarthScorpion, I really, really, really like this story. A great Evangelion fanfiction, placing it in Cthulhutech universe made it much more coherent... Great combat scenes, overwhelming feeling of great struggle - Aeon War - in the background...

I don't like only one thing: I've read chapter 19 some time ago (like, about a year) and still waiting for chapter 20...

Keep up, EarthScorpion!
Deathfire-san chapter 20 . 6/2/2013
I declare you the patron saint of Technobabble. As someone who studied Physics in college, your discussions on variant r-state materials and similar topics (D-engines/D-fridges, Non-inertial drives, etc.) are excellently written and possibly my favorite part.

Not that anything else is bad. I love your take on the Evangelion universe. Rei, more creepy than broken, but still broken, but trying to be more. Shinji, hiding his cowardice under a layer of callousness and snark, and understanding the magnitude of the sacrifice being asked of him, and the responsibility that goes with it. And Asuka. I've always liked people who manage to grow Asuka out of hardcore Tsundere without turning her to mush, and you have indeed. Her pride is still there, her belief in her own superiority, but she doesn't go into a raging bitch rant when she discovered (To her amazement) that Shinji was dropped into the cockpit to fight Harbinger-3, and succeeded.

All around excellent story, even for one totally uninitiated to the CthuluTech universe beyond a cursory glance at the TVtropes page. Keep up the excellent work.
Guest chapter 20 . 3/11/2013

Seriously, you write very well, plus your plots tend to be detailed and though out. Great work. :)
WyldCard4 chapter 1 . 1/25/2013

1. I am reading this due to general third party assessments of your quality on other forums. I am not a fan of NGE or Cthulutech. There's a decent chance that this could lead to my missing important details.

2. My review style is to jot down whatever comes to mind while I am reading the fic. This causes some obvious problems, such as seeing problems that are solved later on. It also leads me to dwell somewhat on the negative as I puzzle out the things I had trouble with. The advantage is that it makes my reviews long, and detailed and slows down my reading speed. I enjoy reviewing fanfic and haven't done much of it in a while.

The First Duino Elegy honestly strikes me as not understanding beauty, nature and goodness very well. The fault could so easily be on my end that it's not funny, but that is my impression. Goodness is terrifying, but it is terrifying not in the context of evil things being beautiful as well as destructive, rather good is scary for the evil in ourselves. There are of course a lot of points where I could be failing to understand this poem, plenty of points where translation may have been in error, and plenty of context I simply didn't get. Maybe I will understand it better later on.

The first paragraph is odd. It's not bad. The description is interesting and beautiful. However, the use of life and death, creation and destruction, seem odd here. Waves and ripples being created and destroyed don't really evoke life and death, as you seem to. The associations are more ones of time. Things changing without reference to being created or destroyed. This is not bad, just peculiar.

After that it starts getting good. The vast and creepy imagery works well, and the strange melancholy of the pale girl is kind of fascinating considering the scene is actually full of action. I give the technical compliment that this is well done. I truly cannot think of reading anything like it before. This is a memorable opening.

The conversation is honestly a bit hard to follow, given that the two characters are so similar and appear to be closely associated beings. Add in the lack of knowing ANYTHING about what's going on and it's hard to know what to make of it. The while thing is still quite enjoyable.

The prologue was sharply written and quite interesting. I liked it. Now onto the actual fic.

A Harbinger:

I am pretty sure the opening quote and explanation are references to Lovecraft. Beyond that, it's pretty basic. We're basically told that the is a Lovecraftian universe either way. The universe is old and impersonal and deadly. The more interesting bit is the age of Lovecraftian knowledge. It seems likely that we'd have been wiped out or technologically regressed by then under a Lovecraft/Howard paradigm.

The first section is very, very good. Impossible for me to criticize. Almost impossible to praise meaningfully. Excellent in a lot of ways. That's an opening.

The following section is interesting, though not quite as impressive. It still has some good bits. I'm really not sure what to make of a military officer sending a bikini picture to a 16 year old boy. I'm guessing humor is the goal, but that's really a guess.

Well, I wonder if the thing is attacking specifically because of the reason the woman is so worried. Depending on exactly what they are dealing with it may have some power that allows it to see when the worst time to attack would be.

The start of the attack (the throbbing) is interesting. Before that things were frightening, but people were in control. So naturally this seems to be part of a deliberate attack, not a side effect of something else. The interesting thing about this is that it reaches into the arcology. This suggests interesting things about the attacker and its goals as well as its capabilities.

I think you're slightly too smart when you bring up physics. It's kind of understandable to see where you're going, but it's a bit obtuse for me. Might actually be the names for the concepts rather than the concepts themselves, but it's just not enjoyable in the way a lot of your other description is.

Note that when I read long sections without much comment that's usually a good sign. It means I am absorbed in what is going on and don't have any real complaints.

The cultist attack was creepy. Especially as it wasn't exactly clear they were cultists at first. Not being familiar with the setting, it could have been some kind of psychic attack or more obscure assault. It was also quite unexpected. I have to wonder if this is the result of coordinating between the monstrous attacker and the cults or if something else explains it.

My extremely limited knowledge of NGE does recognize that the activation of the Evangelion Unit 01 is most likely a big deal. Interesting, I wasn't sure if you were going to use the same kinds of weapons here.

Overall a quite interesting first chapter. I am looking forward to reading the rest of it.

Overall no real issues on the character front.
Hood'sGate chapter 20 . 1/16/2013
...RIP, Aeon Entelechy Evangelion.
DemonicDeacon chapter 20 . 12/16/2012
I'm not quite sure how I've missed this fic in my frequent searches for outstanding NGE stories. But now that I've found it, I'm hooked! I'll be looking forward to all future updates. Thanks for sharing such an interesting story