Reviews for Harry Potter and the Path to Greatness
Tyneth chapter 18 . 2/24
hello :) your story is nice, i haven't seen one with harry opening an inn before or one where he choose to step back and let the firties go alone after quirrel, make thing original.
i hope you won't feel insulted but do you mind if i offer some correction as to your french ? i know my own english is not that great and i wouldn't take offense if anyone corrected me but if you do i can stop with this review. Until you tell me i'm being rude and that you do mind i'll just point the little errors you made. hell, you don't even have to correct it, just please take it into consideration next time you want to use those words, places, things, in a fic ...
for "magical alley" the best is "rue magique" meaning the alley is magical, otherwise and i think that's what you were going for : "rue de la magie" would means "alley of magic".
for beauxbâtons it's just a little thing wrong, in french it's written académie with "ie"
that's all and if you'll excuse me i'll see what harry's gonna do with peter !
titania2811 chapter 19 . 12/22/2014
I loved the story... Are you going to update again or are you making a sequel?
Luana LS chapter 19 . 12/21/2014
A fabulous story! I'll be looking forward to the continuation.
O-Mega Lead chapter 19 . 12/13/2014
Rather unfortunately, this awesome story seems fated to not be completed much like its predecessor was not, as you mentioned... A shame as I find I rather like this story. A lot. The fact that you expound quite a bit on interesting subjects as well as show the mechanics behind the spells and classes is highly interesting. I also imagine the duels that were planned (assuming Harry enters the tournament), as well as the other events that are to follow would be equally as good. I rather liked the pranks and everything having to do with this story, though there seems to be a few holes (I am assuming built from distance created by the hiatus), such as Harry not showing Remus his transformation (whether in a scene, or a brief mention in a letter or aside). That being said, the elephant prank was inspired. All of that, and It's a Harry/Fleur pairing, were Harry isn't immediately resistant or unaffected by her allure.

While some may complain about the Larry-sue characterization, I find I rather enjoy the lack of issues. Sometimes, a pleasant, no-negative strings story is a good thing. Besides, the independent/powerful Harry is right on the label.

Not much else to say, other than I hope to see a revival and continuation, either through someone picking up and following through with completing it, or, preferably, seeing more chapters posted. I hope whatever is causing the hiatus takes a break long enough to allow you to continue, though I know as well as anyone how life tends to easily overwhelm and sap all your free time.
jietoh chapter 19 . 12/13/2014
Great story. However, you stated that this would be a Harry / Fleur story, but seem to be setting up an eventual Harry/ Tonks. Just curious.

Also, will you ever continue it? Most of the intelligent Harry stories out there are poorly done, but this one is just great. Here's hoping you come back with some more chapters.
SeverlyLate chapter 9 . 11/2/2014
Its pretty boring and naive story till now... Bail.
bigfan22 chapter 19 . 9/14/2014
Damn this story was good. I read Knowledge is Power before this, and at first I wasn't sure how much you would "borrow" from the other story. After reading this, I'm happy to say that other than the premise, you have made this story your own. Your writing is fantastic, and I love the powerful and determined Harry you've created. I really hope you haven't abandoned this story. With Harry being aware of Petigrew earlier than cannon, I would love to see how he tackles the Chamber and freeing his godfather. Great job on an amazing story, and I hope one day you will have the time to come back and continue this excellent fic.
eliteshadow chapter 19 . 8/8/2014
nice chapter please update soon i love the story so far and would love to read more of it!
Guest chapter 19 . 8/5/2014
Dude it is a good story but the French was horrible.
Kairan1979 chapter 19 . 6/22/2014
It's too bad the story was abandoned,
Face Yourself chapter 19 . 6/22/2014
Excellent story! Is there any chance at all of it being continued, despite the 2.5 year inactivity?
Face Yourself chapter 11 . 6/21/2014
What're you talking about with the footnote? You didn't change Tonks' age, which is one of the things I was very happy to find out in this story. In canon, she was, in fact, a 7th year Hufflepuff during Harry's first year.
Wonderful story so far, I really wish I could find more like it. Particularly between the Harry-is-not-bwl, being raised by someone other than the Dursleys (Lupin was a good pick), and having a different friend group (even if you did gender-swap Zabini).
night-phoenix546 chapter 19 . 6/20/2014
I really like this story, it is one of my favorites and i have followed it in a while, but you have not updated in 2 years, has this story been abandoned, if it has, can you then make an author note about it, so i can delete it from my list? If not, then i am REALLY looking forward to the next chapter; soon hopefully :)
Jon chapter 19 . 6/4/2014
Great story so far :D There's some really great elements there. I do caution that Harry seems to be very perfect knowing in that he has foresight that happens to be always right. Knows about thestals but not velas. That said, I only mention those things as improvement suggestions, but your work is truly wonderful. I have never seen Harry being tricked into walking into the platform barrier and loved every moment of it. Thank you for sharing.
Thishastobespam chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
I am making this post to request being able to take over this story as you said "i will finish this story unlike other people" or something similar and i would like to take over as i like where you have headed with this story msg me if not and if i don't receive a message within a week i will start anyway but will be willing to remove story at any time you dislike my work thank you.
1,067 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »