Reviews for Sojourn at Donwell
Sophie chapter 15 . 12/13/2020
Thank you so much for this—it was an absolute joy to read!
ImpatientPatty chapter 1 . 3/27/2020
This prequel is so cute and one I keep coming back to :)
ChrissieA chapter 15 . 5/17/2019
Ok. The entirety of this story is ADORABLE! Love the whole thing!
Guest chapter 15 . 3/16/2019
Thank you for sharing! Your story was fun to read.
2lulu2 chapter 1 . 3/12/2019
Haha that’s cute that she’s still her immature self that can’t help stick it to Jane. I love that she plays the violin!
eknight07 chapter 15 . 5/14/2014
Ohh... This is soo sweet. I love your pre-quel. It is heartfelt and rings true to the essence of the character in the book... Mr. Knightley is truly "knightly" and Emma is delightful as always... Good luck and thank you for sharing your story.
Tori chapter 15 . 6/30/2013
What a lovely story! I really enjoyed reading it, imo, you are a very talented writer! Thank you very much for the nice moments I had reading your story! :)
FallenStar22 chapter 15 . 6/28/2012
A really sweet and enjoyable story. :)
andrea chapter 8 . 6/10/2012
This is a wonderful story, I cant wait to read the rest. well done!
slytherinsal chapter 15 . 12/25/2010
how perfectly, perfectly in keeping! how like Emma to make a complete bumblebroth of explaining that led to such misunderstanding; in truth she is such a green goose that it was almost inevitable; delightful!
slytherinsal chapter 11 . 12/25/2010
poor John! he's such a pudding head!
slytherinsal chapter 9 . 12/25/2010
delightful as always!

ummm... i seem to be carping a lot... 'alright' is anachronistic; 'very well' would be more in keeping with the era. It's so easy to do when in the flow of creativity to slip into modern vernacular though; i doubt there are many of us who have not been guilty at least once! i know i have to proof read myself very hard for period.
slytherinsal chapter 2 . 12/25/2010
enjoying the story!

but, small cavil which i shall endeavour to explain. i do query plaid as a fabric at this period, or rather tartan as it should be called; the act banning the wearing of it as being treasonous had only been repealed in the 1780's and the interest in things scots and celtic did not really come about until Scott became famous and fashionable which is only just starting in 1815, the year 'Emma' was published. the real tartanmania was of course driven by Queen Victoria's love of all things Scots [NOT Scotch; that's what you drink, best way to insult a scotsman is to call him scotch] so i hope you don't mind if i mention this VERY SMALL critisism. I'd let it go but you're so good at keeping in period normally i suspeect you care, even as i would care.
Umi Pryde chapter 15 . 8/3/2010
this was wonderful, I throughly enjoyed your story and detail of the relationship between Emma and Knightley, as well as the fun misunderstandings and misplaced thoughts throughout. Simply wonderful story telling, but now that it is over, I wonder if you will continue on? As Knightley has now earlier thoughts of love for Emma, it would be fun to see him react through the events of the novel in this mindset.
Emaelin chapter 9 . 8/1/2010
You seem to have replaced Mr Knightley's classic "Hmm, yes." with the more hilarious "It's only a flesh wound..." from Monty Python. Whether or not this was an intentional thing, doesn't matter. It only matters that I found it incredibly funny. That will be all. :)