Reviews for Sojourn at Donwell
Emaelin chapter 9 . 8/1/2010
You seem to have replaced Mr Knightley's classic "Hmm, yes." with the more hilarious "It's only a flesh wound..." from Monty Python. Whether or not this was an intentional thing, doesn't matter. It only matters that I found it incredibly funny. That will be all. :)
millernumber1 chapter 15 . 5/31/2010
Wonderful! I love the idea of Emma playing the violin (though I'm curious to know if it was a common lady's accomplishment). The Oscar-Wilde-ish bits of misunderstanding are also priceless.
iambbq chapter 15 . 5/24/2010
What a lovely story! This is indeed one of my favorite Emma and Mr. Knightley stories...prequel, sequel, fiction, etc! I wasn't quite sure about Emma playing the violin...but it works! It's very sweet, believable, imaginative and well written! I hope you would continue to write more Emma stories, there's really not enough Emma stories out there compare to P&P, I just don't understand why! Please continue! THANK YOU again for a lovely story!
cherrycherrybomb chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Great story! When I started, I thought this was a "what if?", but now it seems that it's a prequel? Or, a very slightly AU prequel? Whatever it is, I absolutely loved it! Thanks for sharing! :)
Fanmlz chapter 15 . 4/17/2010
Lovely story! You did an excellent job with the characters.
indianpipe chapter 15 . 4/15/2010
Really great job. I wonder if Knightley will ever find out what his brother was truly thinking? Maybe another story?
indianpipe chapter 13 . 4/15/2010
Oh you are very clever. I love it.
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 15 . 4/15/2010
I must say, I found Mr Knightley's 'absurdly enormous smile' ridiculously cute, and I'm sure Emma did too. I could just see it.

Glad you relieved poor Mr Knightley's mind and reassured him that Emma was not about to marry and leave Hartfield - after all, the poor guy nees some peace before he starts to worry AGAIN for months on end when Frank arrives.

Although I loved where you ended it, I am so reluctant to accept that this story has ended. I really loved it from start to finish, and just love your writing style. I would LOVE to see more Emma fic from you!
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 14 . 4/15/2010
Brilliant! These conversations where a misunderstanding is perpetuated for ridiculously long is perfectly in keeping with the plot of 'Emma'. I love how each has a different understanding of their conversation which yet matches enough that they don't stop and clarify things.

I also love your observation that their relationship has gradually become more equal.
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 13 . 4/15/2010
LOL - I'm loving the misunderstanding! Although I kind of did want to see Mr Knightley's reaction if he knew the full extent of John's suspicions... but I suppose that would have given Mr Knightley the idea of him and Emma as a couple, and of course 'a mind such as his, once opening to suspicion, would make rapid progress', and we wouldn't have much of a novel!

Loved this chapter!
cherrycherrybomb chapter 12 . 4/14/2010
I am really enjoying this story! Can't wait to see what happens next - I'm sure these younger brothers (Mr. W. Cox and Mr. J. Knightley) will have their part in this... Looking forward to more! Thanks!
indianpipe chapter 12 . 4/12/2010
Oh this is wonderful. I love all the exchanges and how they are with the children. I hope John doesn't mess things up for George and Emma. Look forward to more...thanks
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 12 . 4/10/2010
LOL! John, don't worry yourself about it - it's inevitable, and one day Emma WILL be mistress of Donwell.

I must say, I was delighted to find another chapter so fast - I just love this story.

Do you know, when I was reading the second half, my eye strayed down to where I read: 'He gently grasped Emma's slim gloved arm. "Give us a kiss."' I nearly had a (happy) heart attack, but forced myself to read the parts leading up to it, and was disappointed yet at the same time impressed at how cleverly you'd constructed that.

I reckon he should have kissed Emma - that would REALLY have given John something to worry about, LOL...

Can't wait to read more!
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 11 . 4/10/2010
Oh John! So wrong and yet in a way so right - I would love to be a fly on the wall if he ever had that conversation with George.

And I love love LOVE the fact that Emma feels the warm fuzzies that were abound during her Donwell stay, even if she doesn't recognise them for what they are yet.

Would love to read more soon! :)
Fanmlz chapter 10 . 4/10/2010
What a lovely story! The "I love you George" was a cute addition. Can't wait for more!
39 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »