Reviews for Sojourn at Donwell
indianpipe chapter 10 . 4/5/2010
This is wonderful. I love how they are in such an in-between phase. Knightley is definitely starting to realize...I wonder if Emma is too? Great job.
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 10 . 3/29/2010
Ah, what a delightful chapter! I laughed out loud at little Bella's extraordinarily astute remark about 'sleeping with Uncle George'. Btw, do you know if the term 'to sleep with' had the same double meaning or at least a hint of it in the early 19th century? Because that would make it even funnier.

I also loved your very clever foreshadowing through Emma's loving words to 'George', her nephew, when the uncle who was holding him obviously shares the same name ;-). I admire your restraint in not showing us what Mr Knightley is thinking when he is hearing 'I love you, George. Let me give you a kiss'.

Love the last line, and Mr Knightley's increasing self-awareness. Can't wait for more!
sharon chapter 9 . 3/27/2010
a nicely done story, but why did you make emma refer to herself in the 3rd person in the earlier chapters?
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 9 . 3/27/2010
Another wonderful chapter! Were you using the line 'Emma used to be the best at [throwing snowballs]' from the series as your inspiration?

I love how playful Mr Knightley and Emma are in this one (the dramatic falling back into the snow, wearing his hat). Really hope you write more soon!
cherrycherrybomb chapter 8 . 3/26/2010
I am really enjoying this story so far! Can't wait to see what will happen next. It's great to have Emma and Mr. Knightley locked in a house together - I hope they stay this way till they figure out that they're meant for each other (or will Emma go home and miss him terribly?). Looking forward to more!
glc chapter 8 . 3/26/2010
This is one of the best new Emma pieces that I have read in ages.

Really enjoyed the dynamic between the characters and the sexual awareness that built between them. I sincerly hope that this is not the end as this was a very enjoyable piece of writing.
c chapter 8 . 3/24/2010
I really liked this story! I love the playful tone of their bantering. I also loved how emma is so clueless and mr. knightley is not but pretends to be, beacuse he can*t really believe that he could fall in love with her yet.

I can really imagine it happeining like this... mr knightley realising what a wonderful wife emma would make (for him) i mean.

I hope you'll write more about those two! :)
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 8 . 3/23/2010
This is just wonderful! I love the way you've written this, and despite Mr Woodhouse's worry, I'm glad there was a snowstorm, because it led to such delicious Emma/Knightley moments. I loved the whole conversation about her wearing her hair out, and how in many ways Emma is succeeding to the role of Mrs Knightley (the combs, the dress from the portrait, being woken up by her 'husband') - this is gorgeous.

I really enjoyed reading Mr Knightley's awakening attraction to Emma and his realisation that she's no longer a child. And I can giggle at Emma's cluelessness, not knowing what's happened to him when she puts his hand in her hair, when he sees her in the blue dress, when he pulls her away from the window.

And I must say that I loved your history of the Knightleys - I love JA's 'History of England', and think you emulated its style quite well. And as Mr Knightley has a great sense of humour I can well imagine that he would value Emma's writing talents.

Can't wait to read more - although I want this story to just ignore canon and have them get together right now!
anna chapter 8 . 3/23/2010
Great story! keep it coming, id love to read more about the close relationship between emma and knightley. the movie did a great job with that and i secretly hope they make a sequel to it!
39 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3